www.nobellearning.com

Updated July 24, 2014
Updated July 24, 2014
3.1

George H. Bernstein

One of the Best Education Companies to work for!

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

I love the support from home office. You feel like you matter and the Executive Director really listens to each employee. Here you are more than childcare, you are a teacher and you work at a school. The ED knows how to challenge each school admin. team to perform their best.

Cons

For Principal/assistant principal hours can be long and include the weekends.

Keep checking in with the people on the ground level. We enjoy working here and we don't want to feel like we have been lost to "corporate." Nobel has been a great blessing for the schools here in Colorado.

Great seasonal job

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

Great working environment, no micro-managing

Cons

Occasional overtime for field trips, but we were always compensated

Great

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Delaware, OH
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Delaware, OH

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working with the kids, the staff was great and very flexible

Cons

they didn't offer a lot of hours , mostly part time and I did not have the chance to always be wight he same group of kids

Learning Experience

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You learn alot while on the job and you really become very close to the people you work with.

Cons

There is drama amongst co-workers who don't seem to get along which causes issues in the class rooms at times.

Communicate more. Don't ignore things and hope they go away. And stick up for your employees when they need it!

Going in the right direction!

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

Ability to grow within company, strong schools and managment, great ED's who are understanding and realistic, better benifits than most childcare centers, the company see's preschhol level teachers as educators and supports thier efforts, paid trainings

Cons

Expensive benfits with limited coverage, poor pay rates at school level, disconnect between Corp reality and school level reality,

There is, or was a show on NBC called Under Cover Boss (watch it), you should get to know who is working at the individual school level and really understand thier schools & personal needs. The teachers that work for your school can not afford to have thier own children attend them, something seems very off balanced. Recognize when people are working day and night to make you & thier school look good, don't just praise the people who have improved (with an easy budget) or the ones you don't expect things from and then they do one thing and its like they are God all the sudden. Look who is really working hard and what school have shown the most growth and improvment over several years and ask them how and why, then share with others. Nobel can not function without great teachers, and school managment, show them that you know this and depend on them and care about who they are.

NLCI is a great company for employees. The family atmosphere makes work fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

I have been with NLCI for many years. I have been given opportunities for promotions and truly believe in the product we deliver to children in our community.

Cons

The rate of pay could be a bit better and evaluation of those that are promoted within should be considered equally to those that are hired and recruited from the outside.

Keep up the great work. You have made some amazing changes this past few years and we are heading in the right direction. Consider offering curriculum that is considered grade level advanced -- this will by far help your elementary enrollments.

Great kids

Former Employee - Assistant Principal
    Former Employee - Assistant Principal

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The families were wonderful. It is hard not to like your job when you are around kids all day. Curriculum is thoughtful. Prepackaged marketing materials are great for school leaders with educational backgrounds.

Cons

Low standards when it comes to school-level leadership. Some school administrators do not have advanced degrees. High turnover coupled with stagnant staff (but that may have just been in my location). Low salary (I left a 12 month position as an assistant principal with Nobel to take a 10 month position as a teacher with a higher salary at a school just a mile down the road).

High quality (not more) training and professional development sessions. Consider presenters from outside organizations to present to regional staff. More transparency with operations.

Great place to work. A few quirks just as everywhere

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

The staff is like a family. I love teaching with them. Everyone is very willing to help out.

Cons

Low pay and short staffed on occasion.

ok place to work

Current Employee - Cook in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Cook in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice co workers and i come and go as i please

Cons

uncaring lazy co workers, ineffective management

Lead

Current Employee - Assistant Principal in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Principal in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the curriculum here along with the staff!!!!

Cons

The age of the building does create maintenance issues at times.