Nobel Learning Communities

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
George H. Bernstein

1. NLCI is a great company for employees. The family atmosphere makes work fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

I have been with NLCI for many years. I have been given opportunities for promotions and truly believe in the product we deliver to children in our community.

Cons

The rate of pay could be a bit better and evaluation of those that are promoted within should be considered equally to those that are hired and recruited from the outside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You have made some amazing changes this past few years and we are heading in the right direction. Consider offering curriculum that is considered grade level advanced -- this will by far help your elementary enrollments.

Learning Experience

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn alot while on the job and you really become very close to the people you work with.

Cons

There is drama amongst co-workers who don't seem to get along which causes issues in the class rooms at times.

Advice to Management

Communicate more. Don't ignore things and hope they go away. And stick up for your employees when they need it!

3. Great

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Delaware, OH
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Delaware, OH

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with the kids, the staff was great and very flexible

Cons

they didn't offer a lot of hours , mostly part time and I did not have the chance to always be wight he same group of kids

5. Great seasonal job

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

Great working environment, no micro-managing

Cons

Occasional overtime for field trips, but we were always compensated

One of the Best Education Companies to work for!

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

I love the support from home office. You feel like you matter and the Executive Director really listens to each employee. Here you are more than childcare, you are a teacher and you work at a school. The ED knows how to challenge each school admin. team to perform their best.

Cons

For Principal/assistant principal hours can be long and include the weekends.

Advice to Management

Keep checking in with the people on the ground level. We enjoy working here and we don't want to feel like we have been lost to "corporate." Nobel has been a great blessing for the schools here in Colorado.

7. Teacher

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good balance of work Good Management

Cons

School location for parking is not good

Going in the right direction!

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

Ability to grow within company, strong schools and managment, great ED's who are understanding and realistic, better benifits than most childcare centers, the company see's preschhol level teachers as educators and supports thier efforts, paid trainings

Cons

Expensive benfits with limited coverage, poor pay rates at school level, disconnect between Corp reality and school level reality,

Advice to Management

There is, or was a show on NBC called Under Cover Boss (watch it), you should get to know who is working at the individual school level and really understand thier schools & personal needs. The teachers that work for your school can not afford to have thier own children attend them, something seems very off balanced. Recognize when people are working day and night to make you & thier school look good, don't just praise the people who have improved (with an easy budget) or the ones you don't expect things from and then they do one thing and its like they are God all the sudden. Look who is really working hard and what school have shown the most growth and improvment over several years and ask them how and why, then share with others. Nobel can not function without great teachers, and school managment, show them that you know this and depend on them and care about who they are.

9. Chesterbrook is a good preschool to send your kids to and work at.

Former Employee - Teacher in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher in Naperville, IL

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

Most of the employees truly care about the children's well being and really want to help the children learn. There are many different classrooms with limits so that each children can get as much attention as possible. There are a variety of activities for the children to do at the preschool, which allow for great learning. There are typically more than one teacher in each room which is good in case of an emegency and/or to help the main teacher throughout the day. The classrooms have windows so parents/prospective parents can see in the class rooms and watch their children interact.

Cons

It can be a low paying job compared to other industries, but the pay-offs are worth much more. Also, some of the teachers (because it is a low paying job) might not care as much about the children as do some of the others, but it is normally a very caring environment for children. As most people know, children (especially when there is a group) can be stressful and therefore most employees are very worn out by the end of the day. In addition the food is not the best, but that is because it is made in large quanities (i.e. out of large cans).

Advice to Management

To listen to the teachers, assistant teachers, etc. as they are working with the children everyday and are in the classroom with them all the time, so suggestions they have should be taken into consideration.

An ok place to work until something else comes along

Current Employee - Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Teacher in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

It's great working with children and involved parents

Cons

pay is not to great, no raises and if there is it's usually 2 cents.

Advice to Management

For the corporate level, they need to realize who makes them money and stop the bean counting

11. enjoyable

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

To have love and care of the children is very rewarding, watching them grow, explore, try new things and learn every day.

Cons

Working with a diverse geroup of women who all think they have the answers and know just a tad bit more then the next.

Advice to Management

be around more to watch and see what is really going om and who is doing what is required of them

RSS Feed </> Embed