Noble Corporation
www.noblecorp.com Sugar Land, TX 5000+ Employees

Noble Corporation Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Noble Corporation – China – “Drilling Rig”

David W. Williams

Good

Safety and Training Specialist (Former Employee)
    Anchorage, AK

ProsCompany doesn't lay off when others do, pay is very good, benefits are great, short term disability is excellent.

ConsFamily culture needs to be brought back, company picnic has been done away with, CEO disconnect.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the basics, keep a pulse on whats going on at the main office in Sugarland, start making regular visits to rig personnel and really take their feedback seriously, they only want to make the company better.

discrimination

Floorhand (Current Employee)

Prospay and benefits are good, rotation are good 21/21 for GOM employees

Consdoes not enforce the Code of conduct policy, racist remarks are the normal acceptable behavior, do not complain about being discriminated, you will be terminated, HR department is a joke, if you do feel discriminated document everything and notify your local EEOC office and discuss with them about your best way of handing this situation,

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce your code of conduct policy, even though it is strict on paper on the job it is not enforce

Aweful Place to Work

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsLong Hours. They hate people with families. Job here would be good for single people who hate their own free time

ConsWould never advise anyone to work for Noble, they have such a high turnover of employees and I was told once that I'm a professional so just deal with it. Then been told when working 70+ hours per week that I wasn't working enough hours!!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need sensitivity training. Like working with a bunch of school kids.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work with opportunity to grow as a professional.

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Sugar Land, TX

ProsWilling to train and develop employees. Firm job security.

ConsCompany is growing at a rapid pace and losing focus on family values they once prided themselves on.

I can't describe the satisfaction of work for Noble, is the best offshore drilling company with no doubt

ProsInvest on people who show interest to grow

ConsThe HR department can be a little bit slow.

Positive experience, fast paced environment.

Barge Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsI like the time off of course. I work a 28/28 rotation. The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble is a company that you stake your future on. Even when times are slow, Noble will generally retain it's Employees. The company offers training at the Employee's convenience, and doesn't place a lot of pressure in completing 100% of it. this is good because most if not all of your training must be done on time off. The SAP maintenance program is top of the line, and easy to use. Rig managers are generally good people, with the occasional redneck exception.

ConsThe pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble bends and bows at the whim of the oil company, often causing you to have to do double the work, and spend double the time on useless tasks. The pay for my job is higher on "Premium" drilling rigs such as Drillships or Semi-submursibles within Noble. The Barge Engineer on a Jack-up does the job of an RMS, and a Barge Engineer on the "Premium" rigs, but Management fails to see this.

Advice to Senior ManagementEqualize and review pay scales between similar positions on different rig types. Re-evaluate job titles and provide equal attention to the Jackups as you do between the Semi-subs and the drill ships.

I had a good experience at the company, the employees and management were cooperative

Purchasing (Former Employee)
    Clifton, NJ

ProsThey have a good working environment

ConsThe workload is quite high

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more flexibility to the employees

Marine Operations Engineer, Regulatory Compliance Department

Marine Operations Engineer (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsUpward mobility, family oriented, flexible with time off, very competitive pay, retirement benefits, company stock options.

ConsLiving in Houston, very cut throat industry, limited respect in the field for the positions given (but that is not a company thing that is an industry thing).

Advice to Senior ManagementI was told that when I left 13 years ago that I was welcome back at anytime, no one made good on that promise.

Only care about the long time employees

ProsDecent Pay and benefits. Bonuses are good.

ConsIf you aren't one of the lucky to have been working here for over 10 years you are just a number.

Pay issues

Work On A Rig (Current Employee)

ProsMost people get paid well.

Consbut those that don't get paid well have a whole month gap so one month's worth of check has to cover two months worth of bills it doesn't work well if you are only getting paid $20/hr and they take forever to pay bonuses that are owed to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way for the bonuses to be paid in a timely manner. Some of us work very diligently and hard but advancement doesn't and bonuses don't come fast enough for us to take care of our family.

Worked for Noble Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Noble Corporation CEO David W. Williams. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Noble Corporation employees.