Noble Corporation Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Positive experience, fast paced environment.

Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like the time off of course. I work a 28/28 rotation. The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble is a company that you stake your future on. Even when times are slow, Noble will generally retain it's Employees. The company offers training at the Employee's convenience, and doesn't place a lot of pressure in completing 100% of it. this is good because most if not all of your training must be done on time off. The SAP maintenance program is top of the line, and easy to use. Rig managers are generally good people, with the occasional redneck exception.

Cons

The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble bends and bows at the whim of the oil company, often causing you to have to do double the work, and spend double the time on useless tasks. The pay for my job is higher on "Premium" drilling rigs such as Drillships or Semi-submursibles within Noble. The Barge Engineer on a Jack-up does the job of an RMS, and a Barge Engineer on the "Premium" rigs, but Management fails to see this.

Advice to Management

Equalize and review pay scales between similar positions on different rig types. Re-evaluate job titles and provide equal attention to the Jackups as you do between the Semi-subs and the drill ships.

2. I can't describe the satisfaction of work for Noble, is the best offshore drilling company with no doubt

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Invest on people who show interest to grow

Cons

The HR department can be a little bit slow.

3. I had a good experience at the company, the employees and management were cooperative

Former Employee - Purchasing in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Noble Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a good working environment

Cons

The workload is quite high

Advice to Management

Provide more flexibility to the employees

5. Marine Operations Engineer, Regulatory Compliance Department

Former Employee - Marine Operations Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marine Operations Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Noble Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upward mobility, family oriented, flexible with time off, very competitive pay, retirement benefits, company stock options.

Cons

Living in Houston, very cut throat industry, limited respect in the field for the positions given (but that is not a company thing that is an industry thing).

Advice to Management

I was told that when I left 13 years ago that I was welcome back at anytime, no one made good on that promise.

6. Only care about the long time employees

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay and benefits. Bonuses are good.

Cons

If you aren't one of the lucky to have been working here for over 10 years you are just a number.

7. Pay issues

Current Employee - Work On A Rig
    Current Employee - Work On A Rig

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people get paid well.

Cons

but those that don't get paid well have a whole month gap so one month's worth of check has to cover two months worth of bills it doesn't work well if you are only getting paid $20/hr and they take forever to pay bonuses that are owed to employees

Advice to Management

Find a way for the bonuses to be paid in a timely manner. Some of us work very diligently and hard but advancement doesn't and bonuses don't come fast enough for us to take care of our family.

8. Noble Drilling Sucks

Current Employee - Electrician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Electrician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing Spectacular about Noble Drilling.

Cons

Bad communication between head office and field, high employee turnover. Guys at Sugar land think they are in heaven or some sort, management -employee relations couldn't be worse, organizational culture is total failure.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses and treat your employees like humans

9. Interesting.. and yet frustrating

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Corporation

Pros

The people we work with at the ground floor level are amazing. Most of the management are talented good people.

Cons

Pay is lower than peers F'lex time is not flexible. No advancement possiblities Bonuses are Subjective not quantitative Benefits are so-so

Advice to Management

I'd tell management to move back to Houston and get involved with the great people who work here and not try to manage from afar.

Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Noble Corporation

Pros

Great benefits and that's about it

Cons

Job reviews are scarce, lack of job direction, they wont even talk to you about promotions until you reach 30 years old. Low pay

Advice to Management

Cut down the turnover by listening to your employees. Half of the Corporate problem is leadership within the building especially since the higher ups left.

11. spoke in a wheel

Former Employee - Floorhand in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Floorhand in Houston, TX

I worked at Noble Corporation

Pros

The training program was pretty top-notch when I started, and the safety record is still comparatively respectable. Provisions were better than average with boots and uniforms. Sometimes we were even provided little extras like personal flashlights and whatnot.

Cons

Vertical advancement without family influence within the company is VERY difficult and very slow. The safety policies are so overboard and strict that sometimes that actually hinder job completion and create hazards of their own. Ever pressure-washed oil-based mud with goggles AND a face mask on? Impossible. No loyalty whatsoever. I worked for them for 3 yrs without a hitch and I was released after coming back from having back surgery. Take my word for it. If you need medical treatment, DO NOT use your insurance! Claim EVERY injury as work-related. Then they're legally AS WELL as financially responsible. If they think your medical treatment could affect your job performance, and you used your insurance for it, you can EASILY be let go without explanation.

Advice to Management

Try some common sense. The intentions at Noble were very impressive, but more often than not, highly impractical. Don't promote people to leadership positions that are horrible with people. Then again, with Noble, it's too late for that. A person that simply wants to do a good job is more often than not held back until they can't stand their jobs any more because their supervisors don't wanna train someone else to do half the job they're getting done with this one guy, and the people who make it near impossible to get the work done are promoted so that their supervisors don't have to deal with them any more. Believe it or not, I saw that ALL the time. Something else I noticed, and whoever you are will LOVE this... I noticed that when the previous CEO of Noble left and the new guy took over, Noble started on a downward spiral into careless self-destruction.

RSS Feed </> Embed