Noble Energy

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson

Charles D. Davidson

No place for minorities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive salaries and benefits, good working peers.

ConsThere is a definite but unwritten rule not to hire, promote or retain minorities. A review of their staff would not only show that there is only one African American manager and not one of their African American employees, have been there for over five years. I actually made six, but after five and being promoted to a manager was literally demoted and then accused of poor performance, although the facts do not support the rhetoric. Two previous minorities that were there when I started, were released earlier.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfessional maturity is required of its senior management; still bigoted and fosters a "white only" atmosphere.

Good, but not great...

IT Intern (Former Employee)

ProsVery personable managers.
    Lots of room for growth.

ConsI think the environment can sometimes be a little to "lax" ... I like to have a more structured environment with clear direction from my manager.
    I also think that their IT department is not on the right track ... The answer is NOT to see how many third party companies we can use!

Don't Expect to Move up the Ladder in Supply Chain quickly

Procurement Agent (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsYou will wear a lot of hats and have a lot of responsibility.

ConsNoble is very old school - they hesitate in promoting their own people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former Employee

Business and Operations (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsPay and benefits are good. Overall I liked the employees, job and company. Location has improved with the move to the old Compaq center on 249 and Louetta and out of the ghetto gunslinging area of Greenspoint.

ConsManagement does nothing to promote from within, develop career paths or encourage collaboration with departments. There is a lot of duplication of efforts. Great place for operations type jobs but not business or IT. IT is deservingly the butt of most jokes.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix it. Take career paths seriously. Operations has already make it a successful company financially but they cant fix the internal problems. Find the gaps of management intelligence and fix them.

My job is not what I was told it would be - that is why I am searching for another job.

Land Technician (Current Employee)
    Canonsburg, PA

ProsThe benefit package is excellent, working environment is very good. This is an excellent company to work for, however there should be more adequate training, and job duties more explicitly explained.

ConsThe company is not as organized as it should be, a lot of the employees are not familiar with job duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more adequate on the job training, When hiring job descriptions should be more thoroughly explained.

Oil and gas company based in Houston with international sites in South America, Africa, Israel, Asia.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly, hardworking staff whose warmth makes for pleasant day-to-day interaction.

ConsWeak management allowing incompetence and bullying to impact the rest of the staff and their work.

Nice Company with Growing Pains

Senior Lease and Contracts Analyst (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsVery lucrative salary and benefits. Relaxed work atmosphere with flex schedules/ compressed schedule. Nice offices for all employees and contractors.

ConsGoing through lots of growing pains. Management is out of touch. Need to utililize the skills of people hired rather than assign jobs to be people based upon personal preference.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize people properly. Be aware of your supervisors.

OK

Platteville, CO

ProsGood Benifits and working conditions

Conspay, everything is so secerative

Advice to Senior Managementbetter communicating

Accounting and Finance at Noble

Finance and Accounting (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is usually profitable, compensation and benefits are competitive with other E&P companies and office accommodations are very good as professional employees generally have offices instead of cubicles. Communications from senior management are consistent and you feel like you are part of a well-run organization with a solid plan and focus.

ConsDon't feel that credit was given for most significant contributions in performance reviews. There was no career development plan for employees where you could spend time rotating through other departments or discussions on how you could target higher level positions if performance was strong. Didn't feel that much of the work product was adding value or presented to operations in such a way that it was adding value to how the company was operating. Work/life balance was implicitly not recognized as employees were expected to be working at home when not at the office. Many employees would regularly forego awarded vacation time to gain favor of management. Employees with no families or personal hobbies were preferred as they would work more hours, and activity was recognized as superior to what was actually being accomplished or what value was being created.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the current employment environment, Noble probably does not need much in the way of career development or true work/life balance. Should there be another oil & gas boom, Noble may experience some turnover.

Noble Energy is okay to work for but could improve.

Revenue Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsThey are generous with vacation policy and they have a pension plan. The office is set up nice and they have recently remodeled floors and we have new furniture. There is plenty of room. They offer good benefits and our portion of the medical premiums is very low. I think that they care about their employees. Chuck Davidson is very nice and comes to town to communicate with the employees about how the company is doing.

ConsManagement is not very good. My manager does not communicate with the entire group - only a few. Some of the management is not held accountable for things they do. They need to improve on this area.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more communication. Hold members of management more accountable.

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Noble Energy Videos

Noble Energy – Why Work for Us?

Noble Energy, Inc. is a leading independent energy company with a track record of success, a sound strategy for the future and a variety of unique and challenging careers. With a global scope and broad-based operations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Noble Energy CEO Charles D. Davidson. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Noble Energy employees.