Noble Energy

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson

Charles D. Davidson

Great Company, Solid Financials, Hard To Move Ahead

Land Negotiator (Current Employee)
    Canonsburg, PA

ProsGood Pay, Good People, Well Established, Strong (Financially) Company, Challenging Work with Chances for Additional Responsibilities.

ConsSeemingly insurmountable caste system where promotion is attained through attrition rather than performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and promote based on performance and not "years in the business".

Great salaries that don't quite make up for incompetent management and a hostile work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-excellent oil wages, especially for expat work

ConsEverything else is a con. All upper management is hired and run using the "good ol' boy" system. Gossip fuels business decisions, rather than good sound information. Overseas location management is absolutely inept, incompetent, and self-serving. Hiring/firing for "remote" locations is entirely nepotistic and racially/nationalistically biased. Let's just say that for some locations, you better be British, or you're fired/not hired. To make matters worse, there were very inappropriate relationships discovered between executives that would make the devil cry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney does not cure all ills! Your pay is excellent, but you have to step up hiring practices. You have got to revisit how you find and select country managers, and stop letting your various locations run rampant with nepotism, gossip-fueled business planning, and inappropriate behavior!

Terrible place to work, not employee friendly very impersonal.

Consulting Landman (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsClose in proximity to where I live.

ConsTerrible place to work especially for minorities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My job is not what I was told it would be - that is why I am searching for another job.

Land Technician (Current Employee)
    Canonsburg, PA

ProsThe benefit package is excellent, working environment is very good. This is an excellent company to work for, however there should be more adequate training, and job duties more explicitly explained.

ConsThe company is not as organized as it should be, a lot of the employees are not familiar with job duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more adequate on the job training, When hiring job descriptions should be more thoroughly explained.

Worst job ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnothing good to say about noble

Consmanagement was disorganized and cruel to their employees.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be mean

Terrific company to work for

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsGood pay/benefits. Friendly environment. Passionate individuals. Can move around in the company. Great people. Safe practices. Interesting business to get involved in. All the people here seem to really care about each other and their jobs.

ConsTraditional when it comes to stuff like working at home or setting your own hours. I honestly can't think of any other cons. My experience at this company this far has been amazing.

Care about employees and great upper mgmt

ProsGood benefits and flexible schedule.

ConsSomewhat low on O&G pay scale

More hours doesn't equal more Production

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits. The five year plan is exciting. Noble is growing very quickly and there are many opportunities for individuals who don't mind working hard. Noble strives for high ethical standards and in that way I am proud to be an employee. Flex work schedule ( If you can actually get out on time on Fridays) and Great Vacation package ( if you can take it).

ConsToo many Managers and not enough individual contributors. I see this problem in more departments than just my own, which in my opinion equals constantly re-working proceedures based on what Manger 1 2 or 3 thinks is the right thing at the moment. This also leads to the individual employees overloaded with more work than they can handle. A 60 -70 hour work week is the norm here. With our strive to be "Best in Class" it doesn't feel like they realize that someones "Best" comes when they are well rested and eager to take on the day. Hard to be eager when you worked till midnight the night before just to keep your head above water.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about quality over quantity. More hours worked doesn't always mean it was productive. In fact, in most cases it means mistakes were made due to fatigue or stress. Understand that your employee's have a life outside of Noble and need to feel like thats okay.

Oil and gas company based in Houston with international sites in South America, Africa, Israel, Asia.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly, hardworking staff whose warmth makes for pleasant day-to-day interaction.

ConsWeak management allowing incompetence and bullying to impact the rest of the staff and their work.

Nice Company with Growing Pains

Senior Lease and Contracts Analyst (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsVery lucrative salary and benefits. Relaxed work atmosphere with flex schedules/ compressed schedule. Nice offices for all employees and contractors.

ConsGoing through lots of growing pains. Management is out of touch. Need to utililize the skills of people hired rather than assign jobs to be people based upon personal preference.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize people properly. Be aware of your supervisors.

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Noble Energy Videos

Noble Energy – Why Work for Us?

Noble Energy, Inc. is a leading independent energy company with a track record of success, a sound strategy for the future and a variety of unique and challenging careers. With a global scope and broad-based operations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Noble Energy CEO Charles D. Davidson. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Noble Energy employees.