Noble Energy

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson

Charles D. Davidson

Contractor for 6 months.

Contractor (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsNot any that I could see.

ConsVery political environment. Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and they don't care. They don't care if one department is over budget by millions. The employees seem to hate their jobs and do not even say Hi to people. There does not seem to be any "Team work" at all. People who have been there a long time have titles that are not earned and their position certainly is not respected. They need to do a management overhaul, especially in the Denver office. Paying a larger salary does not mean people will be happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice your leadership skills, if you actually have them. Plant some strong people in the Denver office and see what they are doing and how they are treating people. Noble office in Denver is giving O&G as BAD name in Colorado! For goodness sake, give a snow day when it is needed, no sense in putting people in danger when they can work at home just as efficiently.

Great salaries that don't quite make up for incompetent management and a hostile work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-excellent oil wages, especially for expat work

ConsEverything else is a con. All upper management is hired and run using the "good ol' boy" system. Gossip fuels business decisions, rather than good sound information. Overseas location management is absolutely inept, incompetent, and self-serving. Hiring/firing for "remote" locations is entirely nepotistic and racially/nationalistically biased. Let's just say that for some locations, you better be British, or you're fired/not hired. To make matters worse, there were very inappropriate relationships discovered between executives that would make the devil cry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney does not cure all ills! Your pay is excellent, but you have to step up hiring practices. You have got to revisit how you find and select country managers, and stop letting your various locations run rampant with nepotism, gossip-fueled business planning, and inappropriate behavior!

Terrible place to work, not employee friendly very impersonal.

Consulting Landman (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsClose in proximity to where I live.

ConsTerrible place to work especially for minorities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst job ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnothing good to say about noble

Consmanagement was disorganized and cruel to their employees.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be mean

More hours doesn't equal more Production

Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits. The five year plan is exciting. Noble is growing very quickly and there are many opportunities for individuals who don't mind working hard. Noble strives for high ethical standards and in that way I am proud to be an employee. Flex work schedule ( If you can actually get out on time on Fridays) and Great Vacation package ( if you can take it).

ConsToo many Managers and not enough individual contributors. I see this problem in more departments than just my own, which in my opinion equals constantly re-working proceedures based on what Manger 1 2 or 3 thinks is the right thing at the moment. This also leads to the individual employees overloaded with more work than they can handle. A 60 -70 hour work week is the norm here. With our strive to be "Best in Class" it doesn't feel like they realize that someones "Best" comes when they are well rested and eager to take on the day. Hard to be eager when you worked till midnight the night before just to keep your head above water.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about quality over quantity. More hours worked doesn't always mean it was productive. In fact, in most cases it means mistakes were made due to fatigue or stress. Understand that your employee's have a life outside of Noble and need to feel like thats okay.

Noble Energy- Worst Job Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMoney! Some great people left over from the old Noble community. Amazing meetings when the political appointees begin sharing their knowledge.

ConsPoor organizational structure. Unqualified political appointees exist in responsible positions.
    FCPA compliance questionable at best.
    Hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard of directors would be well served to hire independent review of foreign operation and their support functions. Audit foreign servers and transactions and take action.

Company has gone down hill since joining

Geoscience (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsResonable culture, above average pay

ConsLots of managers playing CTB, cover their butts
    No accountability for bizarre requests and unreasonable demands.
    Senior VP's have made promises to Wall Street that they cannot deliver on because they lack the technical know how of subsurface E&P works

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop the 'do what I say and not what I do attitude'
    Senior managers believe that through the power of GAP that we can find all the hydrocarbons we want
    YA... tell that to the rocks deep in the ground
    Noble's success over the last 7 years was due more to luck than good science

I was working on a contract basis at the Records Center not the downtown office.

Land Technician (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGot to wear blue jeans everyday, worked 9 hours a day with Friday afternoons off.

ConsLow pay, no chance of advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorkers at the Records Center should be considered for placement at the downtown office.

Lloyd Noble would be embarrassed of this business unit.

Title (Current Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsMoney. That's really all I can say. Money and Benefits

ConsArrogant managers, key personnel with lack of applicable experience. Some of the long time employees demonstrate what this business unit should be. Every time upper management comes to town it's a dog and pony show.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmoke and mirrors only go so far. Teach a class on ETHICS since 90 percent of the people here lack them.

It's only a matter of time before it implodes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsI can't think of any...

ConsNo management structure whatsoever. It's a kindergartener operated by the babysitter while the parents are on a high profile vacation in Houston. It's on a matter of time until the wheels come off.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people from Marietta, Colorado or your "buddies" and consider the people who are actually doing the hard work and not just crying about it.

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!