Noble Energy

Noble Energy Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson

Charles D. Davidson

Noble Energy is okay to work for but could improve.

Revenue Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Energy

ProsThey are generous with vacation policy and they have a pension plan. The office is set up nice and they have recently remodeled floors and we have new furniture. There is plenty of room. They offer good benefits and our portion of the medical premiums is very low. I think that they care about their employees. Chuck Davidson is very nice and comes to town to communicate with the employees about how the company is doing.

ConsManagement is not very good. My manager does not communicate with the entire group - only a few. Some of the management is not held accountable for things they do. They need to improve on this area.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more communication. Hold members of management more accountable.

"Over promise...Under deliver"

Denver, CO

I have been working at Noble Energy

ProsA diverse company with a strong balance sheet with great upper level management. Probably will allow a flex schedule and salaries are competitive.

ConsAs long as you don't ask for anything, you'll be fine. Middle management suffers from a paranoia of individual growth. Don't get me started on empty promises...

Advice to Senior Management"Best in Class" means more than keeping major projects on budget and on schedule, stay competitive with peers on PTO and growth opportunities...Or you'll keep losing your best people to the big dogs.

Great place to retire

Corporate Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy

ProsPay and Benefits are the big Pros here. I really don't see people excited about work or with established career paths. Operations is the backbone of the company and runs great. Their success is only hindered by the poor support and functionality of the rest of the company. If you are looking for a position to ride out your last years in the work force this is the place for you.

ConsThe departments that support Operations need help. Communication in departments between management and employees is poor. Cross departmental communication is no existent. If you enjoy work and making things happen, like watching your work contribute to company success you will be frustrated here. It will take months for great ideas to be appoved and longer to initiate. The company culture is; "done is good" but is doens't have to be "done good".

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior leaders are truely impressive people however they need to evaluate how their managers perform. Many people have been promoted to their level of imcompetence and are killing the motiviation of employees that want real career paths and to contribute to success. Many employees with great potential are working for people who should be reporting to them. Grasp the potential of information technology and integrate solutions. Establish best practices and use them. Being best is class is more than talking about it.

Accounting and Finance at Noble

Finance and Accounting (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Energy

ProsCompany is usually profitable, compensation and benefits are competitive with other E&P companies and office accommodations are very good as professional employees generally have offices instead of cubicles. Communications from senior management are consistent and you feel like you are part of a well-run organization with a solid plan and focus.

ConsDon't feel that credit was given for most significant contributions in performance reviews. There was no career development plan for employees where you could spend time rotating through other departments or discussions on how you could target higher level positions if performance was strong. Didn't feel that much of the work product was adding value or presented to operations in such a way that it was adding value to how the company was operating. Work/life balance was implicitly not recognized as employees were expected to be working at home when not at the office. Many employees would regularly forego awarded vacation time to gain favor of management. Employees with no families or personal hobbies were preferred as they would work more hours, and activity was recognized as superior to what was actually being accomplished or what value was being created.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the current employment environment, Noble probably does not need much in the way of career development or true work/life balance. Should there be another oil & gas boom, Noble may experience some turnover.

I'm content with the company

Land Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Energy

ProsEven though the company is growing by leaps and bounds, management within the Denver office seems to take the time to acknowledge individual employees. Within my department, we have managed to keep the small company atmosphere.

ConsSome department managers seem somewhat abrasive and uncaring. As the company grows more procedures and processes are implemented that take away from the actual "work time". Too much time is spent filling out forms. Along with this, employees are being compartmentalized. They do their one piece of the process and pass it along for the next piece and don't get enough exposure to see the big picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to moral within some departments. Top management needs to be more in tune with how employees feel that they are treated.

Not very positive

Compliance Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Energy

ProsPeople were nice and somewhat helpful

ConsNot enough training and leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training

No loyalty to employees management places their own personal gains and welfare ahead of the employees and the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Energy

ProsNoble has some good people working for them. The pay and benefits are average for the industry but much better than other segments.

ConsLong hours, disproportionate work loads, unfair compensation policies, a totally management biased HR department, and a bonus system that was once unbiased has been compromised into a totally subjective joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementDismantle you ineffective HR department and rid yourself of all the mid-management bureaucracy that have added nothing to productivity but have made the company an overhead nightmare in the past ten years.

OK

Platteville, CO

ProsGood Benifits and working conditions

Conspay, everything is so secerative

Advice to Senior Managementbetter communicating

Pretty Good

ProsCompetitive Salary, Generous work week, Successful company

ConsSecrecy on salary, Confusion on being promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the cons

Generally satisfied with my experience and company direction.

I have been working at Noble Energy

ProsGreat people. Excellent portfolio of projects and company growth. Good benefits. Realistic expectations of the future and a drive to succeed.

ConsSmall company growth pains. Not always well coordinated between buisness groups. Bonus structure is not always indicative of personal performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide feedback on reasons for headcount restraints

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Noble Energy Videos

Noble Energy – Why Work for Us?

Noble Energy, Inc. is a leading independent energy company with a track record of success, a sound strategy for the future and a variety of unique and challenging careers. With a global scope and broad-based operations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Noble Energy CEO Charles D. Davidson. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by Noble Energy employees.