Noble Energy

Employer Engaged

Great Company, Solid Financials, Hard To Move Ahead

Current Employee - Land Negotiator in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Land Negotiator in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Good People, Well Established, Strong (Financially) Company, Challenging Work with Chances for Additional Responsibilities.

Cons

Seemingly insurmountable caste system where promotion is attained through attrition rather than performance.

Encourage and promote based on performance and not "years in the business".

Great salaries that don't quite make up for incompetent management and a hostile work environment.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Noble Energy as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

-excellent oil wages, especially for expat work

Cons

Everything else is a con. All upper management is hired and run using the "good ol' boy" system. Gossip fuels business decisions, rather than good sound information. Overseas location management is absolutely inept, incompetent, and self-serving. Hiring/firing for "remote" locations is entirely nepotistic and racially/nationalistically biased. Let's just say that for some locations, you better be British, or you're fired/not hired. To make matters worse, there were very inappropriate relationships discovered between executives that would make the devil cry.

Money does not cure all ills! Your pay is excellent, but you have to step up hiring practices. You have got to revisit how you find and select country managers, and stop letting your various locations run rampant with nepotism, gossip-fueled business planning, and inappropriate behavior!

Terrible place to work, not employee friendly very impersonal.

Current Contractor - Consulting Landman in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Consulting Landman in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Close in proximity to where I live.

Cons

Terrible place to work especially for minorities.

My job is not what I was told it would be - that is why I am searching for another job.

Current Employee - Land Technician in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Land Technician in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefit package is excellent, working environment is very good. This is an excellent company to work for, however there should be more adequate training, and job duties more explicitly explained.

Cons

The company is not as organized as it should be, a lot of the employees are not familiar with job duties.

There should be more adequate on the job training, When hiring job descriptions should be more thoroughly explained.

Worst job ever

I worked at Noble Energy

Pros

nothing good to say about noble

Cons

management was disorganized and cruel to their employees.

don't be mean

Terrific company to work for

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay/benefits. Friendly environment. Passionate individuals. Can move around in the company. Great people. Safe practices. Interesting business to get involved in. All the people here seem to really care about each other and their jobs.

Cons

Traditional when it comes to stuff like working at home or setting your own hours. I honestly can't think of any other cons. My experience at this company this far has been amazing.

Care about employees and great upper mgmt

I have been working at Noble Energy

Pros

Good benefits and flexible schedule.

Cons

Somewhat low on O&G pay scale

More hours doesn't equal more Production

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. The five year plan is exciting. Noble is growing very quickly and there are many opportunities for individuals who don't mind working hard. Noble strives for high ethical standards and in that way I am proud to be an employee. Flex work schedule ( If you can actually get out on time on Fridays) and Great Vacation package ( if you can take it).

Cons

Too many Managers and not enough individual contributors. I see this problem in more departments than just my own, which in my opinion equals constantly re-working proceedures based on what Manger 1 2 or 3 thinks is the right thing at the moment. This also leads to the individual employees overloaded with more work than they can handle. A 60 -70 hour work week is the norm here. With our strive to be "Best in Class" it doesn't feel like they realize that someones "Best" comes when they are well rested and eager to take on the day. Hard to be eager when you worked till midnight the night before just to keep your head above water.

Think about quality over quantity. More hours worked doesn't always mean it was productive. In fact, in most cases it means mistakes were made due to fatigue or stress. Understand that your employee's have a life outside of Noble and need to feel like thats okay.

Oil and gas company based in Houston with international sites in South America, Africa, Israel, Asia.

I worked at Noble Energy

Pros

Friendly, hardworking staff whose warmth makes for pleasant day-to-day interaction.

Cons

Weak management allowing incompetence and bullying to impact the rest of the staff and their work.

Nice Company with Growing Pains

Current Employee - Senior Lease and Contracts Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lease and Contracts Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very lucrative salary and benefits. Relaxed work atmosphere with flex schedules/ compressed schedule. Nice offices for all employees and contractors.

Cons

Going through lots of growing pains. Management is out of touch. Need to utililize the skills of people hired rather than assign jobs to be people based upon personal preference.

Utilize people properly. Be aware of your supervisors.