Noble Energy Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
81 reviews filtered by

OK to work for. Needs some better planning and organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Noble Energy full-time

Pros

Money, nice facilities, professional atmosphere

Cons

Huge contract force does all the work. Employees who do the work and have the knowledge are passed over for illogical reasons.

Advice to Management

Change the culture where the work is done by real employees (not just contractors). And reward the employee's with growth and promotions because of the quality and effort put into the work. Avoid promoting people to key positions that don't have the experience or skills relative to their organization.

I was working on a contract basis at the Records Center not the downtown office.

Former Contractor - Land Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Land Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Noble Energy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to wear blue jeans everyday, worked 9 hours a day with Friday afternoons off.

Cons

Low pay, no chance of advancement.

Advice to Management

Workers at the Records Center should be considered for placement at the downtown office.

OK place to work, not much room for advancement

Former Contractor - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Noble Energy as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, nice office facilities

Cons

Weak management, lazy coworker, status quo comes above everything else

Advice to Management

Be more assertive in retraining and replacing lazy employees doing the bare minimum to get by. Also be more open to promoting from within rather than holding people back who deserve career growth.

No place for minorities

I worked at Noble Energy

Pros

Competitive salaries and benefits, good working peers.

Cons

There is a definite but unwritten rule not to hire, promote or retain minorities. A review of their staff would not only show that there is only one African American manager and not one of their African American employees, have been there for over five years. I actually made six, but after five and being promoted to a manager was literally demoted and then accused of poor performance, although the facts do not support the rhetoric. Two previous minorities that were there when I started, were released earlier.

Advice to Management

Professional maturity is required of its senior management; still bigoted and fosters a "white only" atmosphere.

I Love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees, great schedule. Supervisors are very attentive and encourage employees to be promoted from within.

Cons

Technology can be a little challenging sometimes.

7. Een geweldig bedrijf om voor te werken! Great company to work for!

I worked at Noble Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Noble investeert in mensen, biedt goede carrièremogelijkheden en begrijpt dat het hechte contact tussen het senior management en de medewerkers en het openstaan voor suggesties, opbouwende kritiek en baanbrekende ideeën, de sleutel is tot hun succes.

Noble invests in people, provides with good career opportunities and understands that the key to their success is the close contact between senior management with employees, and leaving the door open for suggestions, constructive criticism and breakthrough ideas.

Cons

Zeer snelle omgeving in de internationale BU... Zeer goed voor degenen die klaar staan voor een uitdaging, niet zo goed als je niet al te pro-actief bent.

Very fast pace environment in the international BU... Very good for those up for the challenge, not so good if you are not too proactive.

Advice to Management

Als ze groeien en zich buiten de VS ontwikkelen is het van vitaal belang voor hen om ook niet-Amerikaans talent aan te nemen in hun hoofdkwartier. Het is altijd goed om een ander perspectief te hebben om de globaliseringsplannen te verwezenlijken.

As they grow and develop outside the US is vital for them to also incorporate non-US talent into their headquarters. It is always good to have a different point reference to help globalization plans.

8. One of the best experiences I have had in my career!

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture and the opportunity to learn. I never feel as if I cannot go on vacation and when I do, I know my manager will be there to support me. The communication I have with my manager is constant and so our lines of communication are always open. This is MOST important to me particularly because my manager does not sit here.

It has also never been an issue to seek out training not offered by the company. This is important in order for me to expand my career and I couldn't be happier!

Finally, "Energizing the World, Bettering People's Lives" is Noble's motto and they stand behind it!

Cons

Technology is some what of a challenge at times.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating at all levels and Houston managers who do not visit often enough, visit more. Not an issue with my manager though!

Lloyd Noble would be embarrassed of this business unit.

Current Employee - Title in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Title in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money. That's really all I can say. Money and Benefits

Cons

Arrogant managers, key personnel with lack of applicable experience. Some of the long time employees demonstrate what this business unit should be. Every time upper management comes to town it's a dog and pony show.

Advice to Management

Smoke and mirrors only go so far. Teach a class on ETHICS since 90 percent of the people here lack them.

It's only a matter of time before it implodes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at Noble Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any...

Cons

No management structure whatsoever. It's a kindergartener operated by the babysitter while the parents are on a high profile vacation in Houston. It's on a matter of time until the wheels come off.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people from Marietta, Colorado or your "buddies" and consider the people who are actually doing the hard work and not just crying about it.

Contractor for 6 months.

Former Employee - Contractor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Contractor in Denver, CO

I worked at Noble Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not any that I could see.

Cons

Very political environment. Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and they don't care. They don't care if one department is over budget by millions. The employees seem to hate their jobs and do not even say Hi to people. There does not seem to be any "Team work" at all. People who have been there a long time have titles that are not earned and their position certainly is not respected. They need to do a management overhaul, especially in the Denver office. Paying a larger salary does not mean people will be happy.

Advice to Management

Practice your leadership skills, if you actually have them. Plant some strong people in the Denver office and see what they are doing and how they are treating people. Noble office in Denver is giving O&G as BAD name in Colorado! For goodness sake, give a snow day when it is needed, no sense in putting people in danger when they can work at home just as efficiently.