Noblis

Noblis Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Noblis President and CEO Amr A. ElSawy

Amr A. ElSawy

Pros:
  • "They provide a great work/life balance I have not seen elsewhere"
    in 5 reviews
  • "They provide a collaborative work environment, individual development and a supportive management team"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Noblis is an overall great place to work"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Massive levels of degrees don't always equate to real business experience; the company doesn't seem to get this idea"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Agile and Forward Thinking Employees

Mid-Level Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noblis full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCollaborative team player environment. Good flexibility and sense of purpose. Those who take initiative can find good opportunities for learning and enjoy the open door policy of top management. Very strong employee centered President.

ConsKeeping up with changing pace of government and bureaucracy in process that is out of our control. Need to team with small business for government opportunities often limits scope we can chase after.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent with communications. Keep employees informed and armed with information that helps growth and personal development. Offer CLARITY in direction of organization and ways in which employees can continue to help in Noblis' success.

Good employee benefits, especially the retirement plan

Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noblis full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe retirement plan is generous and robust. Noblis' HR department is very informative and friendly. The healthcare package is pretty nice and they have a great wellness plan that offers you many options to improving your overall health. Gym on site, Nutritionist that can provide you with a personalized nutritional plan and very nice Cafeteria with numerous food choices.

Noblis also has a good telecommuting policy.

ConsCommunication from uppper management is a little slow in being provided to the employees. The traffic in this area is very challenging, expecially on bad weather days. There is very little interactions between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease communication across the board. Encourage more group sharing and communications across the company.

Extremely rewarding experience

Software Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Noblis as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery friendly environment! People there seems to be happy and enjoy their work. The community feel is really great.

ConsThe pay is good, but there is no stipend for housing even if you come from far, far away.

Not a place to work, a toxic work environment

Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Noblis full-time for more than 8 years

Prosnice gym, good life work balance, in comparasion the pay is fair. The type of work is engaging at times, some people are ok to work with.

ConsA closed work culture, the benefits are industrial level. The management and career development are poor, are left to fight your own thru the politics.

Used to be a great place to work. Executive management in recent years has changed the atmosphere.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Noblis full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe work and clients are interesting, colleagues are generally smart and engaged in doing a good job. The company has good benefits.

ConsIf you work at a location outside of corporate HQ you are invisible for promotions. There is a culture of only certain people being repeatedly recognized for success.

Great people and a mission you can be proud of

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Noblis full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInteresting work for the most part, intellectually challenging, opportunities to improve government effectiveness, awesome co-workers and best benefits in the contractor world. Most of your co-workers will be very smart and team-oriented - far more than the normal environment. Unique in the government contracting world, this company has very strong ethics.

ConsSome consulting gigs have more than their share of tedium. There is occasional instability in the work program. This is consulting, so everyone is a salesman to some extent, but Noblis does not pressure employees on this. It's more of an optional plus.

Awesome experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsGreat culture
Small team structure that allows you to make a difference
Great CEO who took time to meet all of the interns

ConsManager was off-site at meetings often but other team members were always around to help with any questions that I had. Still would have enjoyed opportunity to work with manager more.

Great Intern Program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Noblis as an intern for less than a year

ProsAbility to work on an individual project, produce valuable work and see the results taken seriously by those in business development.

ConsLimited interaction with other interns and mentorship is fairly weak

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude more intern events and ensure that mentors are helping interns learn new skills

The Real Noblis

Senior Principal (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noblis full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI have been working at Noblis for many years. The transition from a directed award contract business to a competitive bidding company has been extraordinary. The senior management team has had to make some tough choices, but it was either make some major changes to the company or go out of business and unemploy 700 employees.

ConsThe government contracting environment remains very tough and Noblis will continue to have to adapt as it goes forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing the right things....stay the course!

An Organization of Thinkers

Senior Principal (Former Employee)

I worked at Noblis full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe ability to work with top notch, intelligent professionals and be part of innovative research and projects contributing to improvement of the human condition in a variety of areas, from government, technology, the environment, and development of renewable, green energy resources, to health care and other mission areas

ConsIt's a non-profit, with overhead restrictions, but management is conscientious in delivering value and organizational efficiencies. As with all companies involved in government contracting, maintaining government accounts is tough in these uncertain times

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage the professionalism and intellectual contributions for which Noblis is known. Continue to value the contributions of senior staff while mentoring younger staff.

Worked for Noblis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noblis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Noblis CEO Amr A. ElSawy. All 56 reviews posted anonymously by Noblis employees.