Nokia Networks

Nokia Networks Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Nokia Networks CEO Rajeev Suri

Rajeev Suri

Pros
  • good work-life balance, results matter most - no any control freaks in management (in 183 reviews)

• good Work/Life Balance and flexible working hours (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • It is now all about making money and no longer about having a good work-life-balance (in 15 reviews)

• They have cut everything just by taking the name of cost cutting (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights
48 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

good

Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) Irving, TX

Prosnice people to work with. Many projects

ConsMany mid-level managers with not much to do. Too many redundant processes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep streamlining

Well balanced work lifestyle

Enb Integration and Verification Engineer (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsWork is not stressful. The learning opportunities here are really great. They provide good training and there are good opportunities for advancement and visibility to other teams. Of course it depends upon the team you are in and the manager. But, on a general note the work lifestyle here is pretty good and there are veterans and excellent talent around. They also have nice benefits like 401k matching, good vacation accruals, very good health insurance plans to choose from, etc.

ConsVacation carryover was cut about the time I left. The HR policy on Green Card sponsorship category is placed at EB3 and EB2 is allowed only for manager positions. This could have been better. Also, the annual compensation was very low for a mid-senior level engineer. I heard salaries increased after many people left. These are things they could work on. Other than that, there isn't anything bad about this place.

Active and innovative experience where I can utilize my technical, administrative and analytical skill

Utran Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEqual opportunity, New technology experience

ConsHad injuries while working in field

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more ethical. Let employee know before firing him especially when he is working from 2 years and sitting you in office and also gave 100% towards work irrespective of situation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with OK engineers and sucked project management

Converged Core Engineer (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood work life balance.
    Somehow sponsorship of working visa and green card.

ConsReally jerk ass in project management side which screwed up the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not offer alternative project management position for somebody who's already put on layoff list.

Confusing, but rewarding

Central Functions (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsVery family friendly. There is plenty of time off. The work is challenging and rewarding

ConsCommunication is not very good. The size of the company creates a large bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the matrix management system

Best paying job I ever had.

Field Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsAs a contractor, I have never made so much money. I enjoyed the job and interacting with our general contractors. Most of the people I worked with were very professional.

ConsVery difficult to move up if you're out in the field all of the time. Supervisors that we had in place were not very knowledgeable and spent too much time away from the office when we needed support.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors should not be chosen at random. They should be selected based on their experience.

Can't complain, they've been good to me so far.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood pay / benefits (but could be better); 401k matching 6%; Work-life balance; cell phone paid; international company (but English is default language); company seems to care for environment & employees; company performance seems to be doing better in 2013/2014, but not sure about long-term performance

Constoo many re-organizations; procedures & work instructions are too complex for engineers; recent down-sizing; bonuses dependent on company performance not personal performance; upper management and sometimes direct management is not in same country

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify processes; focus on customer

product development in a technical environment

Director (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat people to work with, nice offices, career growth opportunities, nice location, good work family balance, 401k, cell phone paid

Consdownsizing and having senior leadership in another country can be difficult. those that are based in the united states do not feel as valued and fear their location will be shut down at any given moment

Advice to Senior Managementvalue people

Heading in the right direction

LTE Product Architect (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe lean approach to R&D is somewhat misguided right now (quality issues), however NSN is trying hard to slowly refine it and make it work. They have made a strong emphasis on Quality, they have narrowed their businesses & portfolio to increase focus on Mobile Broadband Networks products, and they have taken difficult steps with RIFS and streamlining the org. All steps in the right direction. I think the company has the right "spirit". It is still not certain how successful they will be, but their "head" (management strategy) is in the right place in my opinion. They also encourage lateral moves across functional areas.

ConsSalaries seem low compared to industry. Not much upward growth opportunity at the moment (understandable due to recent restructuring efforts, hope this gets better soon). Slightly chaotic R&D environment (very lean and scrum team oriented, which is difficult to manage in such a large org).

Advice to Senior ManagementHeading in the right direction, keep going.

Used to be very good Technology Company..............

Solution Manager (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsIf you are a manager then this is the company for you and you can plan your retirement from here.

ConsYour manager is your god. He is the one who will make or break your future in NSN. No accountability of Line/Resource Managers.
    It is a company focussed on Managers. No value of skills. There EES are fake and Ethics are low. Probably worst in North America.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue people and try to make your managers work. You cannot succed with only having managers on board. Dont Outsource the technology.

Worked for Nokia Networks? Contribute to the Community!