Nokia Networks

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,112 reviews

Nokia Networks CEO Rajeev Suri

Rajeev Suri

Pros
  • good work-life balance, results matter most - no any control freaks in management(in 183 reviews)

• good Work/Life Balance and flexible working hours(in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • It is now all about making money and no longer about having a good work-life-balance(in 15 reviews)

• They have cut everything just by taking the name of cost cutting(in 26 reviews)

1,112 Employee Reviews

good

Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) Irving, TX

Prosnice people to work with. Many projects

ConsMany mid-level managers with not much to do. Too many redundant processes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep streamlining

Project Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsWe had great teams, good middle management Leadership, consistent communication. Feedback and bonus system was clearly explained and rewarded.

ConsThere was a lot of uncertainty that continued for some time. Old customers were not blended in with the NSN customers, leading to loss in business.

North American Part is very neglected

ProsNokia Networks is making a play at several markets so I am hopeful of better projects coming down the pipeline. Nokia enjoys a good reputation and working here for a few years will add a nice highlight to your resume.

ConsNokia North America does not invest in its employees (in house training is very obsolete or so specific that it pigeon-holes you).
    Opportunities for promotion and growth are non-existent on the US side, but we see frequent updates on the European side.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe understand you bought us for the US customers but you have an awesome engineering core in the US that is rusting away right now.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

R&D Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBusiness plans for Broadband and LTE in particular is good. Lots of good people working hard in these areas.

ConsSenior leadership does not understand the value of retaining key talent. Decisions based on cost sacrificing quality are made quite frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecisions based on cost sacrificing quality are made quite frequently. Stop doing this!

RF Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood working environment and easy-going relationship between colleagues

ConsSalary is not competitive and management is loose

It was a great job (although few growth opportunities), but was forced to leave due to mandatory reduction in force.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat co-workers, PTO, benefits. Very Interesting work (LTE). Supervisor was very hands-off and allowed freedom to set own work schedule

ConsCutting back on jobs in AZ. Hopefully will not be more cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employee training to allow migration to available jobs in other areas of the company.

Well balanced work lifestyle

Enb Integration and Verification Engineer (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsWork is not stressful. The learning opportunities here are really great. They provide good training and there are good opportunities for advancement and visibility to other teams. Of course it depends upon the team you are in and the manager. But, on a general note the work lifestyle here is pretty good and there are veterans and excellent talent around. They also have nice benefits like 401k matching, good vacation accruals, very good health insurance plans to choose from, etc.

ConsVacation carryover was cut about the time I left. The HR policy on Green Card sponsorship category is placed at EB3 and EB2 is allowed only for manager positions. This could have been better. Also, the annual compensation was very low for a mid-senior level engineer. I heard salaries increased after many people left. These are things they could work on. Other than that, there isn't anything bad about this place.

Active and innovative experience where I can utilize my technical, administrative and analytical skill

Utran Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEqual opportunity, New technology experience

ConsHad injuries while working in field

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more ethical. Let employee know before firing him especially when he is working from 2 years and sitting you in office and also gave 100% towards work irrespective of situation.

Great people, too much cost cutting

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsInternational atmosphere
    Very talented coworkers
    Good 401k match--6%
    People oriented

ConsFar too lean on staff
    More emphasis on cost than quality
    Poor work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementFill out the bench with more engineering talent

Account Manager

ProsGreat culture. Positive, international, treat employees and customers well

ConsChallenge meeting US market demands

Advice to Senior Managementthey know where they went wrong and are working to correct it. They don't need my advice. Easy to be a critic from the back seat

Worked for Nokia Networks? Contribute to the Community!