Nokia Networks

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,112 reviews

Nokia Networks CEO Rajeev Suri

Rajeev Suri

Pros
  • good work-life balance, results matter most - no any control freaks in management (in 183 reviews)

• good Work/Life Balance and flexible working hours (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • It is now all about making money and no longer about having a good work-life-balance (in 15 reviews)

• They have cut everything just by taking the name of cost cutting (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights
1,112 Employee Reviews

Not a pleasant experience

R&D Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWorks on latest technology which is great

ConsAfter merger with Siemens , it's difficult to see progress as there are more politicians in management than managers

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to the management as it won't be heard.

Good place to Retire

RnD Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsFlexible working hours. Less Stress

ConsNo Facility to Employee : No tea/coffee, No GYM,No library. Selling divisions and showing profit at end of every Year

The Business as usual company

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsFlexible work schedule remote working capabilities.

ConsThe company structure is changing every 6 months, once you understand the new structure then it changes. After every change and while the structure is finally settled you are told to act in a business as usual mode.
    Global Processes are very inefficient and no one seems to care. Management speeches are not aligned with what is happening in the regions

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease show us the company you are working at. Looks like we are working in a different compay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

an indian company with european prices

Project Manager (Current Employee) Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Prosgood money and flexible hours, kind of a vacation

Cons- In NSN Kuwait you need to be indian and Quadeerist to survive
    - Indians and Pakis and Jordanians

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Lebanese plz :D

poor management and poor pay raises when you work there

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsNone, they pay on time. Otherwise its was not a positive experience.

ConsManagement is busy with itself, constant new restructurings, changes never ending.
    Motivation is low as more and more work is being moved to India, and the company changed to an Indian company with no western values.
    Bottom line, one of the worst employers I had in 25years.

Advice to Senior Managementstop being busy with positioning yourself for new roles and work on the company.

Team Lead

Team Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsFlexible timings. Flexibility to move to different teams is possible but not easy.

ConsNSN as a company is great to work with BUT...............
    NSN Bangalore Office -
    To much of regionalism & favoritism. Managers give preference to people from there natives/states. HR has no say. Managers have all the power to decide the fate of employees. Although English is the official language of communication but except English all regional languages are used, even when others don't understand.
    Higher management in Bangalore office consist of people who have been there since many years almost 12+. All of them have their own comfort areas & circle of people.
    Recruitment is also region specific. Since last 4 years I have seen majority of freshers recruitment is only from one state. Recruitment never happens from north.
    There is a wide disparity among salaries & job grade of equal experience people having similar caliber.
    Only way of survival is either be a individual performer (& don't care about money & grade) or make friends with management.
    If a person is lucky he/she may find a good manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They don't listen! :-)

Good in the beginning but deteriorating gradually

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsGood flexible work options and

ConsCost cutting and constant lay off is destroying the collaboration spirit and morale

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistent messaging in communications and break down the silos

No reward

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

ProsCompany allows to work on interesting things. Some colleagues know what they are doing. Private life and in particular family life is given priority. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere

ConsPay and career are not performance oriented. Not an engineering company. Lots of shoddy product designs to deal with, because of management who decided to take shortcuts which did not work out or backfire later and because of mediocre colleagues

Advice to Senior ManagementAttract talent

Very low salaries and salaries raisements even when an outstanding employee.

Radio Optimization Engineer (Current Employee) Alfragide (Portugal)

ProsWork environment for beginners is good.

ConsDoesn't worth to work in NSN Portugal as even you're recognized the salaries raises get stuck. You'll get poor year to year as the salaries raises don't even follow the economy inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCalibrate NSN portugal salaries with other NSN colleagues in europe.

Longing for days past

Quality Manager (Current Employee) Espoo (Finland)

ProsIt is still a job and the pay check comes on time.

ConsDespite all the promises, NSN has axed employee benefits and cut everything to the bone in order to balance the books. This is good until it kills employee morale and then innovation and implementation begins to suffer. Those of us still here after all the poor treatment and lay-offs are disheartened and looking for a way out. I don't believe it will ever return to the days of respecting the individual and treating human capital as the most valuable company asset.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuman resources are human first and resources second...try to remember that.

Worked for Nokia Networks? Contribute to the Community!