Nokia

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.6 1,259 reviews

Nokia CEO Rajeev Suri

Rajeev Suri

Pros
  • Excellent values within the company and good work /life balance can be achieved(in 208 reviews)

• The people are very intelligent and friendly (for the most part); casual work environment(in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it's hard to drive results because to much politics is involved in decision-making(in 45 reviews)

• There are so many re-orgs, basically one every 3 or 4 months(in 29 reviews)

1,259 Employee Reviews

Breeds loyalty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company treats people better than any other I have experienced. They are truly concerned with the well being of the individual. Nokia allows for a great deal of autonomy, flexibility, and career growth. I loved my time with Nokia.

ConsPoor company performance leads to instability. Poor communication from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove transparency in communications with employeers

Nokia was one of the best companies I have ever been a part of

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture, the people, the values, all are exceptional.

ConsNothing bad to say here

Great Company hands down!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Espoo (Finland)

ProsPeople are great. Technology is great, lot's of talent. poorly managed though. This is something management should take a look at. Values are great as they promote work life balance but some culture change of doing something you want should be promoted.

ConsStrategies have failed, lack of vision in the company and a clear slow progression. Now that is the reason why microsoft acquired them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have a vision that is not 'keeping it safe' but bold and ambitious.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I don't regret any day

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Ulm, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

Prosprofessional and at the same time casual environment with an everything can be done attitude that is not too shy to invest in itself

ConsHiring a CEO from a competitor with a clear anti-Nokia product strategy caused the mobile business to go downhill.

Territory Sales Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of phones to play with, fun annual retreats

Cons6AM Conference calls, getting laid-off when the company tanked.

Advice to Senior Managementremain competitive, follow trends not 10 year old company dogma

Respect people.

Test Engineer (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsLearn more stuff, training, good management.

ConsSchedule, time line was very tight.

Specialist

Specialist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosbenefits is above average, leadership culture is moderate, working environment is easy and plenty of vacation time and so on.

ConsPersonal growth is limited, compensation is average, promotions are limited, reward system is average, accountability is unclear and so on.

Lots of opportunity to learn at very wide and deep scope

ProsLots of freedom and responsibility. Wide variety of things to learn and work on. Used to have world class ambition and scope. Lots of great colleagues with very wide diversity.

ConsBest days are gone. Very limited area to work in software in Finland nowadays.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew Nokia needs to find its way now - get way feom cost cuts back to increasing output and value. have courage to invest in innovation

LOVELY WORKPLACE.

Online, Home-based DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsThe best reasons are manifold ranging from advancement of all sorts by working for this company....one of my HOT FAVOURITES.

ConsWorking at the company site / office is my problem , but, working for this superb company from home is my goal and pleasure.

Advice to Senior ManagementKindly do maintain your standards and permit workers from home invariably.

Great Company. Great Vision. Exceptional learnings.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNokia's vision was sharp: Life Goes Mobile.
    The environment, freedom to make things done.
    Great Learning curve.

ConsTop, Top, Top management became blind and too confident over time.
    Nokia lost it's sensitiveness and market leading vision on the tech side.

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!