Nomura Holdings

www.nomura.com

Nomura Holdings Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Koji Nagai

Pros
  • 1: It is well know for Work Life Balance(in 8 reviews)

• Great atmosphere to work, very employee-friendly environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary is not par with other IBs(in 3 reviews)

• Major decisions are driven by teams in London and Tokyo(in 3 reviews)

Greatplace to work with, high pay, good transportation service, low price and good quality food at the cafeteria :)

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood bonus if you perform well

ConsJob security in case of firing is a huge risk
    Long working hours

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job in monthly status meetings but would be great if you could directly share the information with subordinates about company's short term and long term goals

Satisfactory, Good learning and oppotunities

Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood working hours, Commutation facilities, steep learning curve, good opportunities, high importance to culture and ethics, Higher management is good, not to be complaint about.

ConsMid level management is not effective, open minded and needs more experience or training in handling the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be unbiased while recruiting your own management people in terms of religion and value your employees and their views more.

Sharing Experience

Associate (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsExcellent facilities such as Pickup and Drop, Food, Insurance, Protection, Infrastructure, health Checkup. No doubt, unmatchable in the country.

ConsThey'll try to hire a Lion and then they will make sure that he will eat fodder. Once you are allocated to any project you'll then under full mercy of your manager. Salary increment, Promotion all are based on discuss not on performance. Salary is not par with other IBs. If you want then resign and bargain, which most of the people do, rather, management offer them. No leadership in management in India. Everything is setting.

I'll recommend this if you want to enjoy life and hardly think about work. Leave to the hardworking people in the firm and enjoy. Party with management and they'll take care of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease value handwork of true people, not only the one you know but also the one who does good work.They'll remember you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience and well structured program to help new college grads for the IT division in Mumbai.

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsHelpful environment for learning. Depends on manager and business division though to some extent

ConsNothing I can think of

Nightmare Company - BPO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbsolutely no pros of working with this company. If you wish to destroy your career then please get carried away by the infrastructure (which was ofcourse built by Lehmann) and see your ship sinking.

ConsI worked for just 6 months. Came to know in and out of it and opted out to leave the job for my better future. First of all its a BPO, only good thing is home pick and drop thats it. Pathetic food, age old senior management, no encouragement to fresh blood or fresh ideas, zero or very limited growth opportunities, employees have no idea what they are doing in the firm. They just come sit for 9 hours, make one or two non sense calls to japan bosses, make noise on the floor and get back home.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow Up

Not a good place to start as a fresher

Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat culture and people. Friendly environment, higher management is always accessible. Flexible hours, great facilities like cafeteria and gym and parking.

ConsVery reactive atmosphere with a lot of time spent on planning and testing than the actual development as such. Hard to make quick fixes/releases. Technology exposure is limited.

analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat food, flexible timings, cool managers, not a bad start, could study and prepare for CAT, bus service and other employee benefit service,

Conssome old employees not from reputed college or lifestyle, marginal increments, pathetic training and too much expectation in first few months, laying off during recession

Advice to Senior Managementnot really

Overall experience

Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsHealthy working culture, good employee facilities, adequate training.

ConsLong working hours, job uncertainty.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease increase employee interaction between different departments.

Summer Internship

Summer Internee (Former Employee)

ProsWork hours are flexible and management was too good for my first experience in corporate world

ConsEverything was good,.. don't want to say anything bad just to fill this para of cons...

Advice to Senior ManagementThey can offer more compensation probably...

A falling Sun -- clueless organisation

Associate (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsNot much of a positives that I can think of. But yes higher management dream big, although they are struggling to maintain the organisation's ranking.

ConsClueless Higher Management, Non-executioner mid level Management and helpless employees is the characteristics of this organisation. Management is not thinking beyond few years. It is just few years away from Ramping down Global operations and going back to its forte' i.e. Asian Markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet Realistic and think sensible.

Worked for Nomura Holdings? Contribute to the Community!