Norbert Dentressangle

New to US - Great start up opportunities backed by European Giant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

I have been working at Norbert Dentressangle

Pros

Many opportunities, dynamic environment. Great place to grow, develop and endless possibilities.

Cons

New to US market - new company challenges.

Not much satisfied

I worked at Norbert Dentressangle

Pros

Local nanagement help employees but the overseas management trues to cut down evrything. Good to gain knowledge.

Cons

Lot of favorism happening within the company and the promotions are being given ti those who are nonperformers. Hard workers deserve a big part from the company.

Not a good place to work in.

Former Employee - Warehouse Operative in Daventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Operative in Daventry, England (UK)

I worked at Norbert Dentressangle

Pros

Made some good friends there.

Cons

Employees badly managed, a lot of favourism going on, you won't receive much help from the managers. Most of the staff are rude. Also, if you show the slightest amount of intelligence to the superiors, you'll be fired.

Listen to the needs of your employees and obey them. Don't favour any one employee over the other. Everybody's equal.

asked to leave without warning for "standing around and talking"

Former Employee - Dispatch Operative in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Norbert Dentressangle

Pros

cheap slightly cardboard flavoured coonish pasties in the vending machine (sometimes empty- so remember your sarnies!!) they let you finish (unpaid) a little early so you can catch one of the infrequent buses -this place is literally out in the sticks

Cons

poor health and safety ,little or non-existent training , no induction....wasnt even told where the fire exits were.... my training consisted of being shown where the toilets and locker room were , after this I had to stand by a table for about two hours and ask the colleagues what I was supposed to be doing , talk about the blind leading the blind...nobody had a clue, I worked one shift without safety boots as my feet were hurting, nobody said anything!...Then on my sixth shift when I thought I had figured out what it was I was supposed to be doing- I was asked to follow the supervisor to the front door and was told that the team leader (i think) had reported that myself and another colleague were standing around and talking , there was no point in giving our side of the story as the supervisor (I think!) had ears of cloth and said he wanted to go home ( We didn't lol!) I would recommend anyone who works there to look busy even if there is no work to do ,I know , ludicrous right ? but thats how it is , Oh and don't show any sign of intelligence or you may be perceived as a threat to the idiots in authority and subsequently asked to leave!! note of point- my job involved standing around and waiting for the next pallet to wrap which was the reason given for my dismissal.

Show staff where fire exits are etc. tell people exactly what it is they are supposed to be doing ,assess some tasks PROPERLY for health and safety ,on that note- point out the potential hazards to new starters, and if you are going to dismiss someone for something at least let them give their side of the story and maybe it would be fair to let them know that they are doing something that may be deemed wrong and maybe to be fair give them a warning they are after all people too and have feelings.

Dynamic and down to earth

I have been working at Norbert Dentressangle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Financially doing well. Growing faster than the market. Low overhead and plenty of room for initiative. Smart people.

Cons

Not yet global, but since take over in the us the gaps are closing fast

Continue to be loyal to your team.

Good Experience

Former Employee - Yard Controller in Avonmouth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Yard Controller in Avonmouth, England (UK)

I worked at Norbert Dentressangle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Exciting and busy environment. Good team spirit. Met with some demanding challenges. I loved the work and did very well on my KPI's, etc. Powerful brand. Large company.

Cons

Shift patterns not to everyone's liking and very long days meant tired personnel. Payroll admin was a bit patchy. Pay levels low for responsibility levels and demands of the roles. Similar roles at higher pay elsewhere eventually draws the talent away.

Work harder to keep good people.

Swift and short lived - Comet contract lost resulting in closure of site/ redundancy

Former Employee - Depot Operations Controller in Harlow, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Depot Operations Controller in Harlow, England (UK)

I worked at Norbert Dentressangle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good business growth good HR support network

Cons

lack of progression planning and career reviews

Nice place to work, shame about choice of agency.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Norbert Dentressangle as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They allow you try new things, pretty lenient with time out for family commitments, very friendly staff.

Cons

Agency sucks, make you claim as self employed.

Get rid of the agency!

Travail difficile et salaire faible Hard Work and low salary

Former Employee - Développement Commercial in Paris (France)
    Former Employee - Développement Commercial in Paris (France)

I worked at Norbert Dentressangle full-time (more than 5 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

J'ai passé sept ans dans cette entreprise et j'ai beaucoup appris.

Les employés sont des professionnels compétents et très dévoués.

I have spent 7 years in this company and have learned a lot.
    Employees are good professionals with high commitment.

Cons

Conditions très difficiles, longues heures de travail et aucune reconnaissance de la direction.

Really hard conditions, long hours and no gratitude from management.

Essayez de donner à vos employés des opportunités d'évolution

Try to give your employee opportunities for development

Norbert Dentressangle Photos

Norbert Dentressangle offices, Newport (Photo thanks to Georgraph user Jaggery, Some Rights Reserved)
Norbert Dentressangle's Grimsby Depot in Ladysmith Road (Photo thanks to Georgraph user Chris, Some Rights Reserved)
Chez Norbert (Photo thanks to Georgraph user Des Blenkinsopp, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo