Nordea Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christian Clausen

My home for the last 10 years

Planning Manager (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsA great bank to work for, I always have had a free and demanding position and have had possibilities to move on in my career.

ConsWith the new setup of landscapes in the environment for the office it is hard to get time by yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake plans for your employees how they can advance in their career.

As as intern, you will not get much out of it

Intern (Former Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsOffice culture is on a great level. You feel like everyone there is your family member and that makes you feel nice during worktime.

ConsI did not like my compensation as an intern (there was no compensation) and kind of slow environment that just I just don't belong to. The second feature also involved old "techs" (say, really slow computers, MS Office 2003 etc.).

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise management to improve on effetiveness of its workers through developing technologies and strengthening incentives.

Great company to work for, very solid and great top management

Director (Former Employee) Copenhagen (Denmark)

Prosyou learn a lot, get very fast responsibility and high ability to impact with your person and your specilized skills

Consmany changes in management and their responsibility all the time - you need to be patient for full fill longerterm career goals and get recocnised

Advice to Senior Managementthink long term and invest more in people and de-centralised IT solutions for the specilised departments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work for entire life

ProsEven though Nordea is big and heterogeneous organization, people and climate is what makes it a cosy place. You can really feel warm and a family-like atmosphere.
    Even though salary levels, career opportunities and overall technology is not on top (quit slim really), Nordea is really the place which will let you become a professional in your area.
    Nordea really values what you do, not what sex you are or what is your skin color.

ConsHighest management is living in their own vision, making decisions and changing strategic vision every other year, not realizing that those changes in course are never reaching the people who actually do the job.

The organizational structure is overwhelming, in other words, gap between production lines and management is way too big, filled with irrationally long list of different managers at different levels.

Career growth in sense of position and competence change exists only in theory, in reality you do the same things for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high chairs and step closer to people actually making money for you.

Nordea employee

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Copenhagen (Denmark)

Pros- Nice and friendly atmosphere
    - Good work-life balance
    - Possibility to develop one's personality

Cons- Salary not changing for years
    - Unclear professional development goals, thus it is really hard to be promoted
    - Non-ambitious culture: no sense of urgency, no striving to be the best (or at least better than competitors), laziness (people are on holidays every second month)
    - No structure in IT systems and tools
    - Silo thinking and lack of collaboration - every department has it's own standards, business processes, ways of working, IT systems and tools

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the driving power and the main success factor - treat them fairly.

Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional colleagues and nice management.

ConsOld computer system and slow adoption of customer driven tech

Solid career opportunities

ProsGreat working hours and a very friendly atmosphere. Integral Scandinavian values mean a stable yet competitive firm, with a very liberal and innovative culture. It is now the largest and strongest banking group in Northern Europe.

ConsA history of mergers and acquisitions has left the company with significant redundancy issues and poor communication between Scandinavian head offices. There could be a greater focus on reducing bureaucracy and improving digital communication, or consolidating corporate functions from Stockholm to the Copenhagen office.

Decent employer

Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsGreat career support, a lot of different opportunities.

ConsToo rigid company culture, unneccesary rules.

Great place to to work!

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Copenhagen (Denmark)

Pros- Values the employee as main asset of the of company
    - Puts customers first and aim to provide the best possible service
    - Very strong competitive position

Cons- Slightly conservative and bureaucratic (as all banks)
    - Not market-leading in compensation, because they do not need it to attract the best people

Good environement but boring job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- scandinavian compagny
    - relax working environment (not stressed from management, no hidden/extra working hours...)
    - good and nearly free food

Cons- boring job
    - communication between services is low

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication between services and with employee. Be more creative.

Worked for Nordea Bank? Contribute to the Community!