Nordstrom Rack Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Blake W. Nordstrom

Pros
  • Good pay and a fun place to work (in 24 reviews)

• Nordstrom offers relatively decent benefits and the pay is decent to start (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much pressure to open credit/debit card accounts (in 9 reviews)

• hours and work-life balance of varying hours (in 9 reviews)

1. Easton Elite Columbus OH- simply THE best experience ever!

Former Employee - Sales Associate- Rack in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate- Rack in Columbus, OH

I worked at Nordstrom Rack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really strong, motivated team! Every manager knows what to do to make their goal! Glad that I had a chance to work there! People who work there are friendly and nice!!! Store manager is super professional! Love her! I would advice this place every person!

Cons

Basically, like everywhere, there are some people who are hiding from work or not being nice. But the biggest problem is costumer being too demanding and sometimes not appreciate your service.

Advice to Management

Keep all your hard work! No advice needed!

2. Better than other retailers

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Nordstrom Rack part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay with raises, PTO, merch discount, nice co-workers, great learning experience

Cons

Having your stats on the board in the back for all employees to see was uncomfortable. When I first started, everyone in the dept had to mark pant hems which took us away from the sales floor. Being the only one watching the floor and fitting room was awful. There have been so many times where I would get stuck ringing when there's customers waiting on the phone, customer service reps waiting for a reticket, and customers waiting to get into the fitting room. There was too much pressure to open a specific number of accounts each month. Everything was a competition. The mobiles would die all the time or went too slow which lead to impatient customers.

Advice to Management

Put a battery charger at the mobile stations. Receipts should be the customer's choice whether they want a hard copy or e-mailed receipt. We shouldn't allow old returns without receipts and have to reticket them on the spot. Since ringing is a huge priority, there needs to be more customer service reps ringing on the floor because there's not enough sales associates.

3. Retail Sales

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack

Pros

Encouraging, team, motivated, integrity, and family

Cons

Unorganized, communication, disconnect with surrounding community

Advice to Management

Clear communication with employees

5. Great

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part time with full time hours

Cons

They have a habit of doing on -calls a lot

6. Apperal Lead

I worked at Nordstrom Rack

Pros

The people who work for Nordstrom are some of the greatest people you will ever meet. Everyone is hard working, authentic and easy to get along with.

Cons

Sometimes working with the public can be difficult. Luckily, you are surrounded by a team that cares about you and are willing to help you when you need them.

7. sales

Current Employee - Shoes Lead in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Shoes Lead in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack full-time

Pros

Everyone is really nice. takes the time to listen to any concerns or ideas that you might have.

Cons

Raises are based on hours you worked rather than the work you do.

Advice to Management

give people raises based on the work they put in and not by hours.

8. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service in Brentwood, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Brentwood, MO

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fast paced job with lots of customer service on the floor, fitting room and checkout. New merchandise comes in 6/7 days so there's always lots of new things coming in. Most people are nice to work with. Definitely a team player position.

Cons

Sometimes it can get very hectic working go-backs and having to check people out. Sometimes customers are not very nice when they're having a bad day.

Advice to Management

Would be great to have a set schedule.

9. Great Place

Current Employee - Seasonal Rover in Sawgrass, FL
    Current Employee - Seasonal Rover in Sawgrass, FL

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere, they provide uniform so you don't have to spend $ on clothes, have employee discounts, people are pleasant, learn about customer service, learn about displaying a store and what happens in dock area, how a store functions all together. I am thankful to Nordstrom Rack

Cons

Pay rate is low, no full time positions unless you are a manager. very little room for becoming manager, get sent to Full Line store when they need you to go, sometimes hours increase and other times are not enough to get by. Schedule is uncertain most of the time. No benefits for part timers.

Advice to Management

You need to consider giving more hours to the people you have had to a while instead of hiring more people as the valuable employees will start looking somewhere else for the hours you cut.

10. Rover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nordstrom Rack (Less than a year)

Pros

got paid $10.20/ hour, helpful staff, managers care about workers well being

Cons

sometimes a bit disorganized

11. Customer Service

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate, Department Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate, Department Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Nordstrom Rack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sales associates are trained in performance expectations, customer service, merchandising, and teamwork. I worked at the Nordstrom Rack and full line retail store. The company continues it's market share success by staying ahead of trend and it's strong online shopping experience. Good benefits available.

Cons

Balance and time management from sales to restock, replenish, floor presentation can be more challenging at Rack store. Newer stores are set up to be more POS structured to keep lines short at check out.

Advice to Management

Retail stores are moving toward the Zappos system introduced this year where every team member takes ownership to get things done. The salaried personnel are reduced with the expectation that the jobs get done. I think the 80/20 rule comes in to make this a difficult balancing act. i

RSS Feed </> Embed