Nordstrom Rack

www.nordstromrack.com

Nordstrom Rack Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Blake W. Nordstrom

Pros
  • Good pay, decent employee discount, great team leaders MOST of the time(in 19 reviews)

• Great opportunity for growth if you want to take advantage of their career programs(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There was a lot of pressure to open accounts and push for e-mail addresses from customers(in 7 reviews)

• No work-life balance, unpleasant management(in 7 reviews)

Good and bad experience.

Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLearning new designers, merchandise, and meeting great customers!

ConsIn my experience, work environment wasn't professional, a lot of gossiping instead of actual work, but learned a lot about fashion trends and visual merchandising. Good experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more professional and don't judge your employees.

Fantastic people, product and values.

Nordstrom Rack Store Manager (Current Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsOpportunity for growth and promotion.

ConsWork-life balance. Too much time at work.

Great first job

Service Experience (Current Employee) Warwick, RI

ProsThey pay better then any other retail position out there

ConsThey dont pay you commission, which leaves you with only the base pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very fun company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery customer oriented, some room for advancement, and good pay.

ConsBetter reward incentive for good sales other than just giving out candy. Pretty childish.

Great company to work for!

Sales Associate- Rack (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere are a lot of advancement opportunities, the managers are great, and there are many people to learn from and help you achieve a long term career in the company

ConsThe chicago ave location is very very busy. It can be overwhelming sometimes but it is a great learning experience.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is great! very flexible and understanding, wiling to work with their employees

Best company to work for

Retail Sales (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsEveryone is like family here because they have worked together more than 10 years

ConsHours not consistent part time to full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to be mobile. Period. To anywhere they ask, not just staying in California.

interview

ProsThe pro has to be discount

Consthe con is standing all day

I work at a big Rack store...

Womens Sales Associate (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsBecause I work at one of the biggest Racks, everything is fast paced but when you get a hang of things, it will all go smoothly. Great pay and benefits. Depending on were you work, you become a family. Get people.

ConsWork gets frustrating and tiring at times. Weekends are crazy at my store.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice will be making sure to communicate with employees on ideas about changes in the store because they work the store everyday and they would have good ideas on how to make things easier and efficient.

Perfect

Customer Service Experience (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThis is one great company to work!

Consthere is no bad part about working here!

Loved it

Womens Sales Associate (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsI absolutely loved working here. My managers were awesome and understanding as well as the staff.

ConsCustomers can be a pain sometimes. Also trying to open up credit cards isn't easy nowadays with everyone avoiding more debt

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that some customers do not want to open up credit cards

Worked for Nordstrom Rack? Contribute to the Community!