Norgren Reviews

2.4
James D. Johnson

1. Stressful

I worked at Norgren

Pros

Great benefits, advancement opportunities are available, branches all around the globe. They do offer an internship, however you have to know somebody who knows somebody.

Cons

A lot of office soap opera which is permitted by management.

Advice to Management

Check the drama, be fair to ALL (this includes the little guy)

2. Driven to meet not exceed

I worked at Norgren

Pros

people help each other often

Cons

Very sales driven; forced to juggle jobs at month end to meet corporates requirements for a specific sales dollar total.

Advice to Management

Get new senior management

3. Too big to fail

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Littleton, CO

I worked at Norgren full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, lots of benefits, if you are management you live on easy street!, lots of capital to spend

Cons

Management does not help much, Some managers are still employed because they have been there so long and are not held responsible. To move up you need to know people.

Advice to Management

Streamline your internal processes, document them, and give your employees support! People quit there because they are not happy with management. Also, put better resources in HR, if the HR department cannot do its job then no one is going to want o work there.

5. Norgren aka IMI aka Unacceptable

Current Employee - Accounting/Finance in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Accounting/Finance in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Norgren

Pros

Initial compensation was good. What seemed like challenging and interesting work really just ended up being frustration from lack of communication, documentation, streamlining of processes, resources, and competent co-workers.

Cons

It pains me to say this, but the other reviews here are totally valid. The HR department is completely unprofessional and most of the staff completely unqualified. As a senior accounting and finance position, I often worked adjacent to them and was rarely impressed. They really make things up, as they go, and their priority is rarely on the employee.

There's a huge disconnect between companies (Norgren is now a part of IMI PLC, etc.) and efficiencies are constantly being lost. Money can be tight for resources/supplies, based on how the parent companies are feeling that day.

Advice to Management

Too many consolidations - it's time to break down a little. Human Resources staff is the least talented yet find themselves grueling potential talent relentlessly.

6. Been a great place to work

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Littleton, CO

I worked at Norgren full-time

Pros

I worked at Norgren, in Colorado, for 5 years. During that time the company went through some pretty strong ups and downs, along with all the other companies in our sector. During the highs there were lots of opportunities for career growth and during the lows the company seemed to do everything possible to take care of it's employees and not cut jobs.

Cons

Company seems to have very strong short term numbers focus, but then what public company doesn't . Location (Littleton Blvd and Broadway) isn't the greatest of locations.

Advice to Management

After you've conducted your employee satisfaction surveys you could do a better job of telling the employees how/when you're responding to their concerns/requests. Some employees seem to feel the comments they make on those surveys simply fall on deaf ears.

Inside Sales Reps, Being Treated Like Fast Food Workers

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Littleton, CO

I worked at Norgren full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When the company spends the time to ask for the companies input and then does nothing..

Cons

Little to no communication between sites and departments, Poor pay, no culture,.. The inside sales team used to be salary, we are now all hourly!!

Advice to Management

Please wake up, the company turnover is out of control!! Its no wonder, you treat college grads like they've just got a job a McDonalds.. Shame on you. There are too many great companies in Denver to work for us now clock in and out for an Inside sales job! (Another cost saving move by HR) What next? Name tags for the sales team? Treat your employees like adults stay out of their way and stop micro-managing them.

If you like working for min wage and long hours, not being appreciated, then this is a job for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I worked at Norgren full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Mon-Thurs from 5:30am-4:00pm. 4 Tens and 3 day weekend. Free coffee. No experience required, No more pros for this company.

Cons

Very culturally diverse. Most people hang in cliques. Hard to understand directions due to heavy accents and language barriers. Only seem to hire temps through Labor Works, Labor Ready and Aerotek. Start at Min wage. No appreciation for good work, but sure to criticize when you are not doing good. Expectations of temp workers are too high. Expected to be as fast as the perm employees, if not, looked down on and criticized. Temps wear orange construction jackets and are identified as a letter and a number. For example L12.

Advice to Management

Talk with your perm staff about treating your temps with more respect and as an equal. This might slow down your turnover rates.

I Never Seen Anything Quite Like This Company

Current Employee - Customer Service in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Norgren full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Remodeled Office and the benefits are as you would expect,

Cons

1. Incredibly high employee turn over. There a 2 types employees at Norgren Ones that are 10 years or so away from retiring and can't afford to leave and the others come and go monthly. Norgren is only my 4th employer and Ive never seen turnover like this. Its kinda sad actually.

2. Low salaries and laughable excuses from management why no raises for anyone. I had multiple conversations with sales reps that I worked with most were resigning due to crazy expectations and no increases and unbearable micro-management

3. Disengaged employees. Nice people but after working there a month you figure out everyone is going through the motions or already looking for another job. I guess this is due to low salaries and high turnover. You never get to know anyone other than the people stuck there until they retire and they complain on a daily basis. What ever position you are hired for will be the one you stay in unless someone retires. The low employee morale is enough to make you take your lunch and never come back

4. Deliveries, This one is mind blowing. If you are in sales or customer service you are afraid to answer your phone whenever it rings so you just let it go to voicemail instead of getting yelled at for 8 hours a day because we can't meet delivery times after we have told customers it would be there and changed the dates on them 4 or 5 times. I have never in my career seen such hatred from a customers perspective. Can t say I blame them Now try and sell to these people, yah right.. Management says they are working on it. :)

5. Technology, this is the topper, its the biggest joke I have ever seen, you realize very quickly you work for an old fashioned manufacturing company. All of the systems are so dated there isn't even a manual for it. Yu have to watch other employees, but everyone is so new due to turnover you left looking at each other and shaking your heads. Training is a joke, mainly because they need your help everyone is at least a day behind in emails due to irate customers and there is no system to get them a date you have to email our location in Mexico. I wouldn't dare tell a customer that they are already pissed off and there is no way they would ever believe it. I couldn't believe it myself.

6. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. When you are working in this dysfunction you forget how normal companies operate. Like so many before me, I have found another job one I see myself at for a very long time. They pay very well, everyone here truly likes being here and you can tell since there is little to no turnover. I am not afraid to pick up my phone when it rings, my new company actually believes the customer is the #1 priority.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like adults, stop mice-managing, upgrade technology, start caring about your customers and stop taking advantage of your employees. Find a way to increase morale and reduce the crazy high turnover

If you can handle long hours and like earning extra money getting overtime, for minimum wage this is a great job!

Former Employee - Assembler in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Assembler in Auburn, WA

I worked at Norgren full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is very diverse culturally. There are so many different languages spoken and people are open to multicultural friendships. There is also plenty of opportunity to move up in the company, as long as you can communicate effectively in English. The jobs themselves are also not extremely difficult and the people who don't stay long are those don't like tedious tasks.

Cons

The ten hour days are sometimes daunting if you are assigned to a tedious task. Also at times there is unexpected mandatory overtime that can cut into personal time at home with family. Some people complain that minimum wage isn't enough pay for such long days.

Advice to Management

When temporary employees are let go, break it to them in private instead of in front of their fellow workers. Feelings can get hurt easily, especially for some who may have had a rough trial period and taken the experience hard anyway.

11. Well-organised and stimulating summer placement

I worked at Norgren

Pros

I was offered three projects with very detailed written specifications to choose from at the beginning so I could make choice on my own interest, which motivated me a lot. Scheduled project meetings twice per week and a team brief per two weeks are well-organised and helped a lot with the progress of my project.

Cons

The environment is not very active with mainly seniors engineers. You have to work on you own.

RSS Feed </> Embed