Noridian Mutual Insurance Company

Add Photos

Paul von Ebers

Decent place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsFriendly atmosphere, good benefits, starting pay is decent. Flexible with scheduling.

ConsSteep learning curve and not all of the trainers are very patient.

Current Employee with Plans to Leave

Sales - Marketing (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsFriendly work environment within department
    Great working hours
    Structured

ConsPublically judged and scrutinzed company
    Poor communication
    Interdepartmental "Your job" versus "My job" mentality
    Little employee appreciation
    Poor corporate culture

Advice to Senior ManagementBCBS needs to have a more "treat your employees well so they treat your customers well" mentality. I felt in a way we are bred not to trust or appreciate our customers.

Could be better

Prosgood Work/Life Balance, people are friendly

ConsPoor office culture, very little oppertunity for growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

loved it

Prosrelaxed work environment, relaxed dress code, nice coworkers

Consnon that i can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Management leaves much to be desired, very poor pay scale

Medicare Medical Review Nurse (Former Employee) Jamestown, ND

ProsWork at home option after 6 months

ConsManagement has very poor skills and education. Management differs greatly from department to department. No consistancy

Advice to Senior ManagementShould all be consistant.

Good people dealing with lots of changes in a complex industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMostly collaborative environment.
    Opportunities for development and mobility were great.
    Continuously trying to improve the working lives of employees. Lots of initiatives made it feel like management valued employees.

ConsSome departments were silos.
    Communication through middle management was lacking.
    Favoritism abounds and more could be done to achieve objective reviews.
    More effort is needed to retain high achievers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake visible actions towards living and breathing the company values. Commitment at all levels depends on it.

Excellent place to work, truly cares about employees, very flexible

Customer Service (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsI loved every minute of working here. I only left because I moved out of state! When I had a family issues I was able to leave within minutes. When my manager wasn't around higher up's jumped in and did what was necessary. They truly have an open door policy here. Benefits are exceptional! There are two types of people at Noridian: the team players (that all love it there and get along with everyone and have little problems) and the my way is the only right way thinkers (you know the ones that "you should do it this way" and "I can't believe they don't do it this way". Generally happy with nothing wherever they go).

Their open door policy is real, and goes all the way to the top. The CEO says hi to everyone he walks by. He may not know everyone by name but he makes the effort to show he is interested in how you are doing as a person.

ConsThe insurance has a high deductible, but otherwise a great plan. New people get stuck on the later shifts. Human Resources is a little slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. I think this is by far the best work environment I have ever found, or heard of. I truly appreciated how your actions back up your words!

Average place to work

ProsFlexible hours, cafeteria, fitness center

ConsIf you like money this isn't a place for you. Unless, however you can get them to hire you as a manager or bring you in as a consultant. Their philosophy used to be pay people average and then have better benefits. Now they took away the benefits, the pay people at average is only for those who have been here for 15 years. So as far as everyone else looking to start their careers, they pay at 80% of average and give you average health insurance. There's no reason to stick around if you can get a 15-20% pay increase at another place that's only willing to pay you an average wage. No creativity allowed, come to work and push your buttons and leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees

If you don't do well with change then this isn't the place for you.

(Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsMonday - Friday, paid time off, flexible hours.

ConsManagement is extremely flakey. They like you to think that they are on your side but it's like a high school and it is clicky. They blind side you major changes and make it clear that it is non-negotiable. The health insurance is horrible! You would be better off getting a private plan outside of the company. There used to be job security but that is no longer as the contracts aren't being awarded to us like they used to be. We are operating without a president and the "acting" president is a complete arrogant puke. He never says hello..never smiles...and gives off an attitude of "speak when you are spoken to". The people are all miserable and it shows as the morale is extremely low. If this company doesn't get a grip and soon..they may as well shut the doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with your promises and communicate better in a timely manner with your employees. Take a few minutes out of your busy day micro-managing and actually get to know the job you were hired to do. Be more consistent and fair with EVERY employee and not a select few. Perhaps come out of your office every now and again and actually walk through the department and get to know your staff. Ask questions and take feedback as well as you give it.

For Fargo, a larger company with a good family feel.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsLong-term employees who are knolwedgeable and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Very flexible scheduling allows you to take time off when you need it for personal matters.

ConsSlow to change - probably due to such long-term employees, however the new senior management is starting to get change moving.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and assign more clearly to staff below you to accomplish tasks. Sometimes it feels like no one is taking ownership to make a change, but yet a bunch of people are working on it, leaving no one as the authoritive decision maker.

Worked for Noridian Mutual Insurance Company? Contribute to the Community!