Noritsu America Corp

Updated October 5, 2014
2.7

Hiroki Naruwa
1 Rating

Decent enough company if you aren't looking to work there forever....

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative
    Current Employee - Technical Service Representative

I have been working at Noritsu America Corp full-time

Pros

Based out of your home, somewhat flexible schedule, company car, benefits.

Cons

Long hours, pay, no communication, mediocre training, dying industry, did I mention pay?

I know the industry is dying but you got to pay the field techs better.

Lied to from the start & taken advantage of. No wonder the outlook for Noritsu America is dismal.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Noritsu America Corp full-time

Pros

If you are the type of person who prefers to do a poor job and dump the problem onto to someone else, then hide behind a veil of ignorance and keep quite, then this is the place for you! There plenty of places to hide from responsibility.

Cons

When things go wrong, and they often do, and the issues are met with responses that paint you as the problem for mentioning them in the first place. Over and over again,each department repeats the same mantra: "We are overworked. We are underpaid. We have not gotten raises in over 7 years. This is why things go wrong."

This company has abandoned the idea of trying to fix themselves. They have abandoned their core business, and are hoping they will do better in other areas in order to save their operations. Unless they address why things have gone so wrong with themselves and do something positive about the basic company culture, the newer business areas will suffer the same fate: the fundamentals will be met with the same poor performance by the same poor people with the same poor attitude: "We are overworked. We are underpaid. We have not gotten raises in over 7 years. This is why things go wrong."

Horrible place to work

I worked at Noritsu America Corp

Pros

You get to print pictures for free (big whoop...who prints pictures now anyway?)

Cons

Low wages and compensation. HR is outdated. Very unmodern, old school company. Physical workplace (desks, building, restrooms, etc.) is very old. Strong Japanese culture. Always looking to hold back or save a buck at the expense of its employees or customers.

Was not a friendly place to work

Former Employee - Service Tech in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Noritsu America Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good perks such as a company car for techs. good and frequent training.

Cons

Negative gossip about current and former employees was rampant. So was back stabbing fellow employees.

My experience is from a time now long passed and I cannot speak to how things are currently run and where the company is going now, but my recollection was that local employees had a low ceiling to climb to while higher level jobs were filled by personnel from Noritsu's home country. I would advise fostering better team building and focusing on reducing such a hostile work environment. Noritsu is overall a good company and makes good equipment that is well supported. The industry has changed and I doubt the market they are in will survive and so neither will they. based on my own personal experience i say good riddance.

Technical Service on a variety of equipment, primarily, photo printers and film processors

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noritsu America Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company Car, Travel expenses paid by company. Decent wages.

Cons

Average about 40K miles a year

Decent place to work, just don't expect a raise or benefits to increase.

Former Employee - Senior TSR in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Senior TSR in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Noritsu America Corp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

No direct supervision, not stuck in an office. Employees still care about company.

Cons

No raises in over 5 years, benefits detiorating. Bonuses still given to management while regular employees receive none and raises still not given. If you apply to work here you better inquire about raise structure.

Bonuses should be given if financial goals are met. All employees should be able to bonus if management does. Find ways to give raises. Monitor OT and travel expenses better.

Struggling to transition to a new market

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Noritsu America Corp

Pros

Noritsu truly values its long tenured employees. The company has a "8-to-5" work ethic that is rare, and might not be sustainable in a changing market.

Cons

Noritsu is in the photo-processing market, which has been totally upended by digital photo technology. It is struggling to maintain its historical strengths, practices, and employees in this radical change. Unfortunately, the new wave of executives and employees which was starting to accelerate the rate of change were let go in a series of layoffs this year.

Noritsu cannot compete effectively in the traditional photoprocessing equipment sales market, and does not appear to be able to enter the supply (ink & paper) sales. Technical Support has more of a future, and should be pursued more aggressively.

Noritsu needs to change, and stability is still too highly valued.

Good Company to Work

I have been working at Noritsu America Corp (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Great Culture , Can work independently

Cons

Late Promotions, longer time to get to the next level , probably because, less turnover in the company .

Good company in a dying industry

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Noritsu America Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Noritsu was the inventor of the on-site photolab and they continue to be the only real player in that market. They even make equipment for competitive companies that have gotten out of the equipment business. Great equipment, great customer service after the sale. Good managers

Cons

As I mentioned, the on-site photo finishing industry continues to decline and it affected Noritsu heavily. A large percentage of territory managers were laid off in 2009. The few remaining are selling, not only the traditional Noritsu equipment, but a wide variety of non-photo related products. Noritus diversified into these other industries to help sales.
    Wouldn't recommend. Only because of the industry - not due to any fault of Noritsu.

None.

Extreemly poor Leadership Skills in Management and Poor choices of Supervisory Personnel

Former Employee - Senior TSR
    Former Employee - Senior TSR

I worked at Noritsu America Corp

Pros

Freedom no reporting to the office. Customers were pretty nice and job satisfaction when curing a sick machine and customer was excellent.

Cons

Too much micromanaging. The reporting process is too detail orientated. Go back to paper.

Pick your field supervisors better. Pick supervisors more on Leadership Qualities rather than whatever matrix you have been using the last 10 years.