Nortech Systems Reviews

2.4
Nortech Systems President, CEO, and Director Michael J. Degen
Michael J. Degen

1. Temporary Accounting Assistant

I worked at Nortech Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible, nice people to work with, good pay. Nortech Systems was very nice to me, and this temp position really helped my family while I was attending school that spring. I would definitely go back if they had a position relevant to my major (management).

Cons

Culture is very segregated: Engineers talk to engineers, manufacturing floor talk among themselves, accounting talks with accounting. Not a very friendly place outside of your bubble, there are definitely some friendly people all over the place, but overall it doesn't seem that way.

Advice to Management

Throw a company picnic, or some kind of team building event. Build some camaraderie.

2. Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Wayzata, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Wayzata, MN

I worked at Nortech Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They want to increase sales especially in medical. I was doing medical sales, but I had to move for family reasons to cali. I was doing well and bought some stock because as I was leaving last week, we hit some big sales to new customers.

Cons

it is in a cold area, looking forward to cali!!

Advice to Management

The CEO is a bit of a putz. The CFO is cool. Dump the defense business. Give us more bonuses when we have big con bonds.

3. Dysfuctional Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Nortech Systems full-time

Pros

Great manager & people in my department.

Cons

Dysfuctionl production management and corporate level management. Rule by fear and threats. Do not respect their people.

Advice to Management

Change it up and respect the people who work for you and try to get a clue about the operations of your business.

5. Managment doesn

Former Employee - Corporate in Wayzata, MN
    Former Employee - Corporate in Wayzata, MN

I worked at Nortech Systems

Pros

Employees were nice. Work not too difficult. Work life balanced.

Cons

1. No job security. People get fired when prior quarter sales went down. 2, No training or development. When you asked to go to class, they tried to not let you go even if for your certification. They are very cheap. 3. Management (new CEO and his team) doesn't know what they are doing. No plan. If there is plan, they never follow anyway. 4. Never accountable for their own problem. 5. Always let useless employees running around

Advice to Management

This section should be for Board of Director. Get new team or get out of this investment. Put your money some wherelse might get a better return than having these plople running the company.

Was fun, was like playing with adult sized K'nex.

Former Employee - Laborer in Bemidji, MN
    Former Employee - Laborer in Bemidji, MN

I worked at Nortech Systems

Pros

Easy, simple work, reliable hours

Cons

Management doesn't own up to its mistakes and employees and business suffers.

Advice to Management

Get new management instead of getting rid of employees for your mistakes.

7. Did not expect that!

Former Employee - Material Coordinator III in Milaca, MN
    Former Employee - Material Coordinator III in Milaca, MN

I worked at Nortech Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nortech employees are the best group of hard working people I know. They treat everyone like family. Production workers that is.

Cons

No steady schedule. Busy one week and working OT, going home the next lack of work. Some management have too much pull. Sales group needs to bring in more customers with product that is up and running. Too many new projects that are in design stages.

Advice to Management

Weed out the management people who are bullies!!!

8. Bait and Switch at Aerospace- They said anything to get you in the door then dropped the boom on you.

Former Employee - Engineer in Blue Earth, MN
    Former Employee - Engineer in Blue Earth, MN

I worked at Nortech Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Product and Technology is interesting to work with. Production Operators are hard workers and try hard to follow directions. The management talk like they want to be a good company. Other Corporate divisions are better organized and functioning.

Cons

Too many decisions made at the Corporate level where they do not understand the Aerospace Industry or care to know the difference. Computers and Software are extremely outdated. They still use Novel. They use expired molding compound material when their policy clearly states that they do not use expired material. Production equipment is old, worn out and difficult to work with. Corporate will not consider updates or new tooling even when there are significant customer complaints. Most employees overwhelmed by work load and expectations. Nortech Corporate does not acknowledge the significantly different quality expectations in the aerospace industry. When there are customer complaints, it is easier to use the blame game, than take ownership for the failure and work to correct it. Total reactive fire fighting, no planning or preventative actions to prevent repeating defects and problems. Extremely high stress, high pressure, no resources to make changes. All of the best, highly trained and experienced employees have left the company or are trying to leave. Strong Negative Culture that take away any incentive to have ownership and pride in your work. Arrogant Plant Leadership have a take it our way or you know where the door is attitude.

Advice to Management

If Nortech Systems Corporation is going to remain in the Aerospace Industry, it must acknowledge the difference in quality and process control that it requires. They must provide the technology and resources to support the effort effectively or there product will be the source for a major catastrophic failure of an aircraft or military equipment that will cost peoples lives.

9. Great place to work at an entry level manufacturing job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at Nortech Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People that work there are salt of the earth. Close to my home

Cons

Lack of a firm production schedule - see sawing, lots of work then no work Employee time off is not as valuable as the production schedule. Whatever it is for this hour.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, as they are your most valuable asset

10. Chaos is normal

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrifield, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrifield, MN

I worked at Nortech Systems

Pros

Decent, though very expensive benefits. Plenty of PTO.

Cons

The building was in need of major repairs. Management did a poor job of communicating with employees regarding expectations especially with people who work slightly above the entry level. Pay for the area wasn't too bad, but it wasn't good either.

Advice to Management

More guidance to your mid-level employees would greatly help efficiency.

RSS Feed </> Embed