North American Airlines Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014

2.3

Rob Binns

Travel and then get out. Horrible treatment.

I worked at North American Airlines

Pros

Traveling around the world. Working for the Military.

Cons

needs new management. Pay is horrible.

Amazing international travel

Former Employee - F/A  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - F/A in Washington, DC

I worked at North American Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seeing the world on a paupers purse and enjoying the benefits of mingling with all cultures. Employees are fabulous and worked as a team looking out for each other.

Cons

Management does not care about employees. Poor pay. Too bad. Could have been a great little company.

Should have cared more about employees instead of personal profit.

Terrible company but a great place to work at.

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I worked at North American Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Traveling around the world. Traveling to amazing places you would never have thought of visiting. Getting to work for the Military. Great health benefits. 401k and matching programs.

Cons

Poor management. Very limited room for growth and promotion within the company. Pay is horrible. Extended times away from family and friends. Employees didn't feel cared about so employees didn't really care either.

I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a bad place to work...

I have been working at North American Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, we fly to interesting places, and a multitude of things to do. Plus a lot of our flying is for DoD, so you get the satisfaction of knowing that you're bringing home our nation's hero's back safely from the battlefield and their other deployments...

Cons

Sometimes communication isn't the best. Plus, it's the aviation industry, so you have to expect the up's and downs every once in a while.

Sell, Sell, Sell, but above all keep up the communication to employees, especially those on the line who matter the most.

I thought I was on a reality show

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I worked at North American Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

International travel. You will get to see things most ppl in their lives will never see. People will THINK you have a glamorous job, if that counts for anything to you. Internationally they placed us in great hotels. See the world.

Cons

Crew Scheduling. Poor management. Poor communication. Bad morale. People complained on my first day. Employees didn't feel cared about so we didn't really care about he job.

Lighten up. Listen. Learn. Care.

Inflight

I worked at North American Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Multiple opportunities to see the world and make friends.

Cons

Extended times away from family and friends.

Maintain an open door policy.

I have learned a lot about the different areas in an airline due to the size of the company.

Current Employee - Engineering Assistant  in  Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Engineering Assistant in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at North American Airlines

Pros

Being a small company you work directly with everyone in the different departments so everyone knows you by your name and most people are friendly and polite. I had a good manager in the Engineering Department he is the reason why I stayed with the company for so long. He helped me out by allowing me to come in and out of work as I saw it fit due to being a full time college student. My job as an assistant carried more responsibilities than usual and that helped me learn more and develop my skills.

Cons

In my opinion the biggest downside was top management. Decisions taken were never fully clear and we were always waiting for the next shoe to drop. We went through some downsizing after a merger and were told it was over. Later on the company filed for bankruptcy and people were let go without any previous notice. It took a few days to be told what was going on with the company. Lack of communication from top management to the rest of the company has always been very slow and superfluous.

Communication is key. Having your employees' curiosities and concerns clearly acknowledge would help them with not only their mood but job performance as well. Any changes that will affect the company should be clearly notified to every employee ahead of time.

If you love to travel the world, this is for you

I worked at North American Airlines

Pros

Supporting our armed forces, VIP/High Profile charters, sports team charters, travel the world (many places the average person will never see).

Cons

The management does not really care to supports it's employees. There is a very high turnover because of it. There is favoritism when trips are awarded. Minimal perks as far as discounted travel, and jump seating on other airlines. Unfortunately, it's because a charter company cannot offer reciprocation to commercial airlines in regards to travel perks. Some peers are very unprofessional, but you can say that about most work places.

It would be nice if management started caring about it's employees.

Room to grow.

Current Employee - Pilot  in  Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at North American Airlines

Pros

A descent harbor to weather a storm.

Cons

Lack of communication, trust and honesty from the Senior Management Team.

Your employee are assets, not liabilities.

Plenty of Cons... If you're a travel junkie, pros outweigh them.

I worked at North American Airlines

Pros

FUN coworkers. Family atmosphere, at least among flight crew. You will absolutely travel to amazing places around the world. Health benefits are surprisingly good. 401K and matching program. Personal travel benefits!

Cons

Very limited room for growth and promotion within company. Pay is not very good, but travel benefits almost make up for it if you use them. Flight attendants on "Reserve" lines get taken advantage of... 5 day trips turn into 13 if you're not careful and pay attention to the regulations.

Find a more effective way to show appreciation to your best employees if you want to keep them. Fire the ones you know are horribly rude and have bad attitudes. They DO affect performance in a negative way, and give the company a bad name. Don't give second chances when it comes to company integrity.

Worked for North American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!