North American Airlines

www.flynaa.com

North American Airlines Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014
North American Airlines – US – “767 tail”

North American Airlines – US – “767 tail”

Rob Binns

Travel and then get out. Horrible treatment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTraveling around the world. Working for the Military.

Consneeds new management. Pay is horrible.

Terrible company but a great place to work at.

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsTraveling around the world. Traveling to amazing places you would never have thought of visiting. Getting to work for the Military. Great health benefits. 401k and matching programs.

ConsPoor management. Very limited room for growth and promotion within the company. Pay is horrible. Extended times away from family and friends. Employees didn't feel cared about so employees didn't really care either.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a bad place to work...

ProsGood people, we fly to interesting places, and a multitude of things to do. Plus a lot of our flying is for DoD, so you get the satisfaction of knowing that you're bringing home our nation's hero's back safely from the battlefield and their other deployments...

ConsSometimes communication isn't the best. Plus, it's the aviation industry, so you have to expect the up's and downs every once in a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell, Sell, Sell, but above all keep up the communication to employees, especially those on the line who matter the most.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I thought I was on a reality show

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsInternational travel. You will get to see things most ppl in their lives will never see. People will THINK you have a glamorous job, if that counts for anything to you. Internationally they placed us in great hotels. See the world.

ConsCrew Scheduling. Poor management. Poor communication. Bad morale. People complained on my first day. Employees didn't feel cared about so we didn't really care about he job.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up. Listen. Learn. Care.

Inflight

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsMultiple opportunities to see the world and make friends.

ConsExtended times away from family and friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain an open door policy.

I have learned a lot about the different areas in an airline due to the size of the company.

Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsBeing a small company you work directly with everyone in the different departments so everyone knows you by your name and most people are friendly and polite. I had a good manager in the Engineering Department he is the reason why I stayed with the company for so long. He helped me out by allowing me to come in and out of work as I saw it fit due to being a full time college student. My job as an assistant carried more responsibilities than usual and that helped me learn more and develop my skills.

ConsIn my opinion the biggest downside was top management. Decisions taken were never fully clear and we were always waiting for the next shoe to drop. We went through some downsizing after a merger and were told it was over. Later on the company filed for bankruptcy and people were let go without any previous notice. It took a few days to be told what was going on with the company. Lack of communication from top management to the rest of the company has always been very slow and superfluous.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Having your employees' curiosities and concerns clearly acknowledge would help them with not only their mood but job performance as well. Any changes that will affect the company should be clearly notified to every employee ahead of time.

If you love to travel the world, this is for you

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsSupporting our armed forces, VIP/High Profile charters, sports team charters, travel the world (many places the average person will never see).

ConsThe management does not really care to supports it's employees. There is a very high turnover because of it. There is favoritism when trips are awarded. Minimal perks as far as discounted travel, and jump seating on other airlines. Unfortunately, it's because a charter company cannot offer reciprocation to commercial airlines in regards to travel perks. Some peers are very unprofessional, but you can say that about most work places.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if management started caring about it's employees.

Room to grow.

Pilot (Current Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsA descent harbor to weather a storm.

ConsLack of communication, trust and honesty from the Senior Management Team.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employee are assets, not liabilities.

Plenty of Cons... If you're a travel junkie, pros outweigh them.

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsFUN coworkers. Family atmosphere, at least among flight crew. You will absolutely travel to amazing places around the world. Health benefits are surprisingly good. 401K and matching program. Personal travel benefits!

ConsVery limited room for growth and promotion within company. Pay is not very good, but travel benefits almost make up for it if you use them. Flight attendants on "Reserve" lines get taken advantage of... 5 day trips turn into 13 if you're not careful and pay attention to the regulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a more effective way to show appreciation to your best employees if you want to keep them. Fire the ones you know are horribly rude and have bad attitudes. They DO affect performance in a negative way, and give the company a bad name. Don't give second chances when it comes to company integrity.

NAA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a charter company, so the trips can be very different. Worldwide destinations and very flexible schedule. Mostly military passengers, so no really big issues onboard.

ConsSome months can be really slow. Very long hours with no proper crew rest. Schedule changes frequently. No major airline benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more efficient when scheduling crews and flights. Dont have so many middlemen involved in the travel arrangements. This would help cut costs and headaches

Worked for North American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!