North American Bancard Reviews

Reset
3.4
North American Bancard President & CEO Marc Gardner
Marc Gardner

Pros
  • The people are great - pretty fun and down to earth (in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is quite good, employee benefits are good in terms of banking products like credit cards, home loans, etc (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management and C-Level members are very disrespectful to anyone below their level (in 5 reviews)

• Nearly all senior management is bad at their job (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Opportunity

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

New employee but I am very excited about everything that comes with the job as far as pay, benefits, dress attire, the environment, and employee appreciation that they offer here. If you are thinking about applying here, I would encourage that you do. I never heard of this company until I started working here but they gave me a great opportunity to learn new things that is going to allow me to grow in my field...and hopefully this company.

Cons

I am new....so I haven't found any yet. I am pretty satisfied.

2. Velocity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with and the work we do!

Cons

Like all startups there are a few flaws to overcome in the first few years. And we are doing great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and give me more money

3. An Amazing Place To Work!

Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Analyst - PPC in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Analyst - PPC in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NAB is very "Googley". Business casual dress, dress-down Friday's, amazing contests, team-focused, innovative technologies, and a great family to be part of. I am a newbie to NAB and absolutely love it! I am learning so many new things and appreciate the team work to get me up to speed.

Cons

I have gotten to know people from many different divisions and so far, they are all great people to know personally and professionally.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and outreach you do!

5. Love My Job!

Current Employee - Mobile Support Specialist in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Mobile Support Specialist in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

dress code, trainers are eager to help when your having problems, tuition reimbursement, schedule flexibility, they invest in there employees, able to be promoted after 6 months with good standings,free food, benefits, good pay

Cons

have not found any yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. Best company I have had an opportunity to work for

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first job that I haven't dreaded going to everyday and I have worked at many different places. Everyone is very friendly and its a great environment to learn and develop a career in. Management is very organized and always a step ahead of whats going on. The company seems to be constantly growing every month and has only gotten bigger since I have been here. I really enjoy the benefits and the people I work with make me happy to be a part of the team. Supervisors are always available to help you improve yourself and help with any issues you need clarification on. Its a very open company and you always seem welcome to speak to whoever you need to.

Cons

Communication can be a little lacking between departments and upper management but it is something I see they are working on. It is still a call center but its the best call center I could envision myself working at.

7. New Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Pros

I am a new employee, have only been here a week, however, i love the atmosphere here. everyone I have met is so friendly. The training can be intense but the trainers make it fun and keep you focused.

Cons

Since I am a new employee I have no cons about the business or its employees.

8. Decent Job

Current Employee - Sales in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Troy, MI

Pros

Growing company with plenty of room for growth

Cons

too much change - Too much red tape

Advice to Management

Trust more - pay more and expect more - stay consistent

Needs a course correction

I worked at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

If you are highly motivated you can learn a lot while working here. Casual dress code and lots of food. HR is doing a lot of things to try to improve employee morale.

Cons

Where to begin. Someone was overheard saying that the end users can suck it. This attitude towards the internal client bleeds over in how the outside clients are treated. Management micromanages, yet forgets what they have agreed to, what tasks they've assigned to whom. The company is constantly shifting priorities and this makes it next to impossible to get anything accomplished. Staff turnover seems to be a constant.

Advice to Management

You don't have to look very hard to figure out why staff is leaving.

10. Not Bad, But not Great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at North American Bancard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Monthly bonus, typically sticks to guidelines/rules.

Cons

Middle Management is clueless, upper management doesn't want to hear about the issues. Low raises, and wage caps. Management was at times too 'lax' with things that were inappropriate that were going on.

Advice to Management

Perform Employee Satisfaction Reviews. Put a limit on how much an employee can drink at work functions and holiday parties.

11. Broken Promises and LIES

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Troy, MI

I worked at North American Bancard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you can find no other employment options, they can provide a pay check.

Cons

Reviews are promised yearly, and in the 6 years I worked in the IT systems team, I had to beg for a review (never received a bad review) every year. The reviews are supposed to be given within 2 weeks of anniv. date. mine where typically 6 -9 months after...... Was promised yearly bonuses the fact that I never received one and had very good reviews and department quallified for bonus, we never saw one. So managers LIE Manager caught stealing my personal property, went to HR about this and nothing happened to manager. Managers and HR all the way to CEO Marc G. all LIE, Productivity is driven by fear and intimidation. Entire management staff is Highly TOXIC. I would not recommend anyone to work at this company. stay clear of this place.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and learn manners, and respect. then learn how to take care of employees with out threats and being a bully. try to be honest with the staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed