North Carolina A&T State University

www.ncat.edu

North Carolina A&T State University Reviews in Greensboro, NC

Updated Jun 28, 2014
North Carolina A&T State University – Greensboro – “NCA&T”

North Carolina A&T State University – Greensboro – “NCA&T”

North Carolina A&T State University Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr.

Harold L. Martin, Sr.

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

great place to do research

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsNCA&T offers competitive pay. Diversity looks on the rise.

Conssome departments are on the verge of being shut down

Advice to Senior Managementsometimes things are going slow

I really enjoy working here.

Housing (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsEveryone is pretty laid back and easy to get along with. It is a very family oriented environment.

ConsThings always to take a long time to happen. If you need money for something, it takes forever to get approval. There are also lots of steps and signatures necessary to make stuff happen.

NC A&T SU Psychology Department Assistant Researcher

Student Researcher (Psychology) (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThe best part about working for a university of any kind is the ability to have them work around you classes as a student. Also they understand that you have a life outside of classes and work and are willing to give you a lot of freedom as long as you meet deadlines, and show that you are about to meet deadlines.

ConsThere's really no advancement within the ranks of researcher, you're either a head researcher or an assistant. In order to be a head researcher you would have to be a professor with a PHD.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it so that there are ranks within the assistant researcher positions. It would be nice if people who have been working in the department longer were able to get a raise and further themselves. Maybe a head student research positions who help manage the other students who are more new to the program.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was a student an employee in the School of Technology at the University

Tech Support (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsI worked as a Technical Support Technician and it helped me gain work experience before I graduated. That experience is helping me with my job hunt.

ConsSome of the staff at A&T are not there for the students like they should be, and they can do a better job with helping them with their needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the staff could do better at their job. Overall, I am satisfied with my time at North Carolina A&T State University.

Student Employee

Production Assistant (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsWorking in between classes, Working with other students in your field, Having acess to all the equipment you need. Pay was ok for the time. A Beautiful gem in the form of a Admin assistant who was one of the sweets peaople ever.

ConsOver bearing manager to thought he could run your life and his own. Not very organized, not straight forward

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more straight forward. If you have a problem with staff just let the people know. Treat the people like adults because that is what they are young adults.

Working as an undergraduate research assistant at NCA&T

Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsPay is fairly high. Flexibility. Helpful and Understanding Faculty. Free travel

ConsMax hour limit. Undergraduates are not always taken seriously.

Graduate Student

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGraduate student with thesis options. Peers are very friendly, provide good funding opportunity.
    Research facilities are very good with the freedom of independent thinking and creativity. Professors are very good.

ConsDonot have that much cons.

A&T has provided me with an excellent opportunity to learn new Voice Technologies.

Voice Analyst (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsSome of the best reasons to work here are longevity, insurance, stability, security, and flexibility.

ConsNo real opportunities for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for performance based and longevity raises.

Research and Lab Assistant at NC A&T SU.

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsBenefits
    Hours
    Good for Research
    Under-represented students
    Many in school opportunities

ConsUnorganized
    Not many opportunities after graduation
    Older Biology building

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Preparation for success for students entering the workforce who are not engineering or computer science majors.

Great!

Academic Coach (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsCompetitive pay for an on campus job. Great feeling making an impact on your student community.

ConsWorking with unmotivated students can be a hassle.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for North Carolina A&T State University? Contribute to the Community!