North Carolina A&T State University

North Carolina A&T State University Reviews

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
3.8

North Carolina A&T State University Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr.
Harold L. Martin, Sr.

Aggie Pride

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at North Carolina A&T State University

Pros

Intimate for a medium to large size campus. People were generally friendly.

Cons

Not many teaching opportunities for graduate students. Hard to gain teaching experience.

Develop more teaching opportunities for graduate students.

Great opportunity to further your education while employed with the university!

Current Employee - Administrative Support Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Administrative Support Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at North Carolina A&T State University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work environment was really relaxed and the atmosphere was casual (sometimes to a fault). Coworkers were easy-going and did not create unnecessary stress. Great state benefits: health, dental, sick leave, holidays, and vacation time off. Loved the inclement weather time off policy.

Cons

My biggest issue with my management team was failure to give employee performance evaluations/reviews. Because this is critical to the personal development and advancement of employees, it is shameful for management to overlook this. In five years of employment with NC A&T, I was given one review, only after my request. The opportunity for pay increases was almost inexistent. Therefore, it is advisable to get what you can live with at initially hiring. Monthly pay dates.

I would suggest Human Resources and management follow up with all supervisors, managers, department heads, deans, etc. to ensure employee reviews are given each year as required. It takes more than sending out an email without any accountability measures in place.

If your career can't take a hit, then don't work here.

I worked at North Carolina A&T State University

Pros

I love the students. Plus as a state employee, you can take a few hours of course credit for free.

Cons

This place can be a career killer. The administration changes so frequently, so employees are at the mercy of those who have longevity with the organization.

great place to do research

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at North Carolina A&T State University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

NCA&T offers competitive pay. Diversity looks on the rise.

Cons

some departments are on the verge of being shut down

sometimes things are going slow

I really enjoy working here.

Current Employee - Housing in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Housing in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at North Carolina A&T State University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is pretty laid back and easy to get along with. It is a very family oriented environment.

Cons

Things always to take a long time to happen. If you need money for something, it takes forever to get approval. There are also lots of steps and signatures necessary to make stuff happen.

NC A&T SU Psychology Department Assistant Researcher

Current Employee - Student Researcher (Psychology) in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Student Researcher (Psychology) in Greensboro, NC

Pros

The best part about working for a university of any kind is the ability to have them work around you classes as a student. Also they understand that you have a life outside of classes and work and are willing to give you a lot of freedom as long as you meet deadlines, and show that you are about to meet deadlines.

Cons

There's really no advancement within the ranks of researcher, you're either a head researcher or an assistant. In order to be a head researcher you would have to be a professor with a PHD.

Make it so that there are ranks within the assistant researcher positions. It would be nice if people who have been working in the department longer were able to get a raise and further themselves. Maybe a head student research positions who help manage the other students who are more new to the program.

I was a student an employee in the School of Technology at the University

Former Employee - Tech Support in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Greensboro, NC

I worked at North Carolina A&T State University as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I worked as a Technical Support Technician and it helped me gain work experience before I graduated. That experience is helping me with my job hunt.

Cons

Some of the staff at A&T are not there for the students like they should be, and they can do a better job with helping them with their needs.

Some of the staff could do better at their job. Overall, I am satisfied with my time at North Carolina A&T State University.

Student Employee

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Greensboro, NC

I worked at North Carolina A&T State University part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working in between classes, Working with other students in your field, Having acess to all the equipment you need. Pay was ok for the time. A Beautiful gem in the form of a Admin assistant who was one of the sweets peaople ever.

Cons

Over bearing manager to thought he could run your life and his own. Not very organized, not straight forward

Be more straight forward. If you have a problem with staff just let the people know. Treat the people like adults because that is what they are young adults.

Working as an undergraduate research assistant at NCA&T

Current Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at North Carolina A&T State University as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is fairly high. Flexibility. Helpful and Understanding Faculty. Free travel

Cons

Max hour limit. Undergraduates are not always taken seriously.

Graduate Student

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Graduate student with thesis options. Peers are very friendly, provide good funding opportunity.
    Research facilities are very good with the freedom of independent thinking and creativity. Professors are very good.

Cons

Donot have that much cons.

North Carolina A&T State University Photos