North Carolina Marketing Solutions

Paxton Rogers

Exceeded my Expectations

Current Employee - Marketing Management in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Management in Cary, NC

I have been working at North Carolina Marketing Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to learn all aspects of business management
    Business trips
    Representation of large corporations
    Work directly with upper management

Cons

My professional background is slightly different but my skills and quick learning ability has made picking up the new material easier. Besides that, everything is good!

The President and HR Director are amazing and supportive.

Sinking Ship- Hope you have a life jacket

Former Employee - Team Leader in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Cary, NC

I worked at North Carolina Marketing Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place if you are looking to work for a company with potential to move up fast. Honestly you can get this job and get moved up to a higher position (no extra benefits) within a 2 week period. It just requires longer hours and no pay increase for the time being. This company is a very POSITIVE company so they will do their very best to encourage you and try to work with you. They want everyone to move up to management ASAP. This requires hardwork and putting in a lot of time.

Cons

Remember that you WILL be selling AT&T UVerse door to door as a salesmanship

You WILL have to DRIVE! Gas is not covered so you have to use your own money to drive to the different locations they assign you to go. Driving can range from Raleigh to Goldsboro.

You MAY have a chance to carpool but it is rare that these employees have cars and dont even think about them pitching in for gas money.

You WILL make 100% commission. This is based off your sales. A lot of times you will make less than minimum wage.

Please be aware you have to keep a positive attitude NO MATTER WHAT. There will be doors slammed in your face, dogs chasing you, and police called on you for not have a permit to solicit.

You WILL be working 6 days a week and about 50 hours a week. That disregards unpaid meetings that are every morning and mandatory Saturdays.

Please do not expect Paxton or those taking you on your second round interview to you all of this in the interview because this was not covered.

Perhaps if you are upfront you guys would NOT have such a high turn over rate.
    Gas is expensive. Cover gas mileage at least or provide us with company cars if you want people to drive out of their way to a location you assign them to. If this is not possible then this needs to be discussed within the interview before people accept the position.

Excited about my new career!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cary, NC

Pros

First of all I would like to point out that my manager is great. He actually wants to get to know me and genuinely wants to help me. I left my restaurant job to come here to start my career and it has been the best decision. I enjoy coming into work everyday and I like what I do to help our clients. The perk is you get recognition for your hard work, we get gift cards, dinners, and opportunities to travel. I like the fact that I'm learning so much and I'm hitting my goals.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about my position except I wish I found this company earlier. I enjoy working here.

None.

former employee's perspective- NCMS is a great place to work!

I worked at North Carolina Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

GREAT coworkers
    awesome environment (fun, exciting, but also very professional)
    the harder you work, the better you do at this job!
    hiring process is very selective- I like that I was one out of a group of people that got chosen for the job

Cons

if you are lazy and not motivated, don't even bother setting up an interview

keep up the great work paxton and deseree :)

excellent opportunity

Former Employee - Team Leader in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Raleigh, NC

I worked at North Carolina Marketing Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

this is a place where each individual is trained to be able to deal with many different situations and outcomes in several different aspects in business. focusing on: marketing, sales, customer service, human resources, communication, and personal development. every employee working there is very professional, helpful, and fun. i learned more working for ncms in 8 months than i did in 4 years of college with a bachelors in business.

Cons

this is not for every individual as most people are looking for a job. this position requires you to work hard and develop yourself into a successful manager and more. this position is for those who want more out of life and are willing to work at it everyday

thank you for taking the time to help me achieve my goals and develop me into the person i am today.

Good Opportunity

Current Employee - Team Leader in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Offers the opportunity to fine tune a number of skills: public speaking, time management, training, interviewing, marketing, sales, customer service, confidence, critical conversations, and offers lots of potential for advancement.

Cons

Learning how to multitask and be effective with time management can pose some difficulty, but the management was very helpful in learning how to find a balance.

Don't change the upbeat and fun environment! Coming to work everyday is fun!

The outlook of opportunities is a broad horizon with NCMS.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Most companies don't like you or even care who you are. At NCMS you are who you make yourself
    out to be. In other companies I have worked for, to include the military and fast food, you have to be related to the boss or know someone to get anywhere. At NCMS if you work hard you see results. I have only been there a few months and am already in a position to push for management. What other company gives you that ability and allows you to work in a professional but relaxed environment with other people that genuinely want to help you. It may or may not be for everyone but if your looking for something that's different from flipping burgers and having a boss tell you what to do every second of the day then this is definitely the place to be, and the right time to be in it.

Cons

The only downside I have found are the hours are a bit more than most are willing to cope with. However, as stated in the "pros" section, you are who you make yourself out to be and the long hours now are the trade off so you can be enjoying life more so later. Sipping margaritas and just relaxing while others that passed on their opportunity are still working well into their old age. Plus, as a bonus we get holidays off and if you ever have a family crisis or problems of any sort the Manager is very understanding and will work with you.

Always remember that everyone is different and to allow them to capitalize on their opportunities. Though this has never been an issue it is what makes this company so great.

Management trainee

I have been working at North Carolina Marketing Solutions

Pros

Merit based system that allows for growth and development.
    Strong support team that works together
    A chance at a career faster than any other opportunity presented

Cons

Only con is having the will power to not be average or mediocre. If you are someone who wants a paycheck for work you do half heartedly or wants success but feels it should be given to you because of the amount of time you have been there not your work ethic this is not the job for you. The only reason I'm no longer there is because I had to relocate for my family. I haven't been happy at a job since.

Keep up the good work. Those who want more will do more just be there to teach them

No benefits, 100% commision, No management

Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at North Carolina Marketing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I learned everything I know about sales

Cons

-Unable to communicate ideas to manager and forced to stay late every night to hear about new ways for everyone to change their strategies
    -Management does not pay new starts so top sales people would train new starts every day and be forced to split 50% of their earnings, cutting their paychecks in half every week
    -12-14 hour days Monday through Saturday with no time off (paid or not) and if there was a holiday that was required off we would be asked to work a following Sunday
    -Unorganized office with no communication so people were running around confused and mislead, wasting time and fighting in the office (terrible vibe)
    -Most people lasted less than a week

80 hours a week is too much to have a life, work is not the only thing. Dont make your top sales people pay your trainees.

Opportunity of a Lifetime

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Junior Marketing Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at North Carolina Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

Given an opportunity to grow within the company in a short period of time
    Amazing coworkers
    Positive and motivating work environment
    Creative challenges and bonuses from clients and management
    Travel
    Great training program

Cons

Learning the information at first, but I guess when you start something new, you don't always pick it up the first day

Keep up the great work!