North Community Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alberto Paracchini

Good place, good co-workers

Loan Documentation (Former Employee)
    Rolling Meadows, IL

ProsThe employees at this company are great caring people, real team players that will help each other to produce and excellent service

ConsUnfortunately since it was going through a rough time people were not getting the salaries they deserve and people decided to part away

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees the salaries and benefits to keep your employees they are great hard working people

If you have an education. Use it, and find a company that you'll enjoy working for.

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsEasy going work environment. Nice employees.

ConsNCB was consistent. They were consistently disappointing. From the basics like parking, the commute, tiny break rooms, tiny bathrooms, no automated telephone service, and primitive online banking to the things that a company should have under control like health and retirement benefits, effective management styles, pay and promotional structure, customer service, etc., NCB maintained no focus.

I'm not sure if the strategy with the new acquisition was to push out all the old employees, but in the year that I worked there I watched over a dozen hard working EVP's, VPs, managers, and analysts quit due to dissatisfaction.

The company has potential to become what it says it is, Chicago's great community bank, but I have a feeling that Paraccini and his goons have a different agenda.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit. I think the monkeys would do a better job running that zoo.

Only Time Will Tell How Good This Company Can Be

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsWas given a remarkable amount of responsibility to create policies and procedures. Also, I was involved in more projects from the beginning than at any other company. The confidence gained from these experiences was enormous.

ConsThe bank has just transitioned to new owners who have to find a way to reverse the mess the previous owners left. Whether they can succeed or not is the big question. Health benefits are a joke. Work/Life balance is dismal at best (-13 below zero, suck it up and come into the office!).

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way out of the mess while fixing that horrid healthcare. Tell IT upper management that working from home is a benefit, not a curse.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Need a new job

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCommunity orientated, some branches have good staff, 92 locations, and that's about it

ConsWell let me just say people have not received a pay raise in about 4 years, the benefits are not as good to compare to other companies, training is horrible, you are expected to work on position up and not get paid or get promoted, the technology blows, a lot of employees don't know what the hell they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the employees a raise they have been loyal to the company for years. Get all the branch to work the same, every branch does everything different.

Great people, lousy management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsWonderful people, very community-oriented, care about the customers. Most employees are very active in their local communities and it really has a positive impact.

ConsManagement has no idea what it means to be a community bank and communication/clear direction are lacking. The employee base is seeking clear direction and clearly delineated expectations which have not been set since new management came on board in July 2013.

Advice to Senior ManagementSay what you mean and mean what you say - listen to your employees! They are good people who just want to know what is expected of them and what potential career paths exist if they perform well.

Even under new ownership we're still dysfunctional as ever

Bank Teller (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNothing really, except that we're no longer on the brink of utter financial ruin (thanks to some investors who saved us).

If you're considering applying or working here, for the love of God STAY AWAY. You don't wanna work in this hellhole!

ConsLow pay, lack of advancement opportunities, poor benefits, managers frequently practice favoritism, advancement is based on anything BUT merit, HR and management is largely incompetent, hard work is not rewarded, commissions for sales were axed several years ago, morale is low-to-nonexistent, no real communication between management and front-line employees, rules are frequently changed without notification or explanation, customers tend to be very spoiled and snotty, rules aren't universally enforced, A LOT of gossip and backstabbing, high employee turnover (and HR's inability to find replacements) means that we're understaffed across the bank leaving the rest of us overworked and overwhelmed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the HR people and a good chunk of the management staff. Increase wages and start paying commissions again.

If not, you'll continue to suffer from record-high turnover.

A new beginning is underway!

Senior Management (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNew ownership, new capital, new focus on serving our clients.

ConsCurrently a lot of change is underway but it is mostly positive change.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, communicate, communicate!

I get paid as much as much a McDonalds worker, except I have to handle thousands of $$ and have a great responsibility.

Teller (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsYou get to have air conditioning. No manual labor.

ConsUptight management. Poor compensation. No opportunities for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the workers fairly and equally.

Good experience working there, learned a good amount since I started

Personal Banker (Former Employee)

Pros-Small company, not corporate based
    -Works closely with community
    -Plenty of opportunities for advancement
    -Different sister companies to work with

Cons-Compensation is little below industry norms
    -Benefits are equal enough to other familiar institutions but not as great
    -Not many locations but can be a good thing as a local company

Advice to Senior ManagementStay within the community level where the main part of its core business and its customers rely upon and serve for.

Unfulfilling, but probably as good as it gets in unfulfilling retail banking field

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThere is not yet the fear of loosing a job over not meeting sales goals.

ConsTop down management, no input solicited or acknowledged from below
    No benefits. Health insurance is supplemented, though poorly. No retirement plan.
    No unique ideas. Bank management recruited from "big banks" and work to put exact same processes, procedures and culture in place.
    Retail banking in general is an until filling and unrewarding field

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a unique idea. You cannot try to stand out as a community bank when you do everything just like a national bank.

Worked for North Community Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Community Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for North Community Bank CEO Alberto Paracchini. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by North Community Bank employees.