North Community Bank

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Alberto Paracchini

Easy going, and family oriented.

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at North Community Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Small bank, not as heavy with sales, they push you but there aren't any real consequences for not meeting them. Goals are obtainable if youre comfortable with sales.

Cons

Very low salary, incompetent managers, there are many managers who have no idea how to lead or have a clue as to how to work the system. Many personal bankers are dumb as a box of rocks.

Advice to Management

Better train personal bankers and managers on all of the procedures don't assume they know what they're doing.

Take a pass, you're better off unemployed.

Current Employee - Corporate Position in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Position in Chicago, IL

I have been working at North Community Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you previously worked for Banco Popular, you're so in! And they'll pay you fantastically. If you're anybody else, seriously, there is no upside.

Cons

Everything! The pay is embarrassingly atrocious, the benefits are nonexistent, a management philosophy does not exist, and executive management has an aversion to honest and open communication.

Advice to Management

You've actually got some smart people at the top of the food chain, but subject matter experts make horrible managers, and nearly all of your top management positions are occupied by SME's that are woefully ineffective leaders. Also, stop taking the short sighted view that commercial banking is the only income generator. Other areas may not being in as much cash, but they certainly support commercial banking. Other areas may bring in no money, but they save the bank money - and at the end of the day - saved money is earned money.

Real Estate

I worked at North Community Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Flexible management, very approachable C-level executives. Good investment in employee development.

Cons

Out of date technology. Excessive bureaucracy for procurement. Poor identification of employee abilities leading to employees in positions they are unable to perform. Very mediocre benefit package, below market salaries.

Instead of Raises, They Rebranded & Told Us to Suck It Up

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at North Community Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The floating bankers are really nice. There is a HDHP plan which is usually everyone's go to option bc the other healthcare plans are ridiculously expensive.

Cons

VERY low pay. No incentive. No bonuses. Branch Manager at my location was very rude & I was constantly told that I have "no common sense" & I should know "Teller 101." Also, the branch structured is skewed....it goes Branch Manager, Assistant Manager, and Teller which is extremely uncomfortable. The bank would rather save $$ & leave branches short staffed & hire floaters to come and go....bad idea. I applied for a promotion here a while back & was given a nasty review by my manager. The reason being because she wanted me to "step up" & help out with debit cards. chexsystems, etc. Unfortunately, back office restricts EVERYTHING with the teller role, so it's impossible to even order a replacement card for customers if you're not at least a PB. So all in all, they gave the position to someone who has never even worked in a bank before (I have 3 years of experience). That's when I decided it was time to leave. Upper management clearly told us verbatim "if you don't like it, then leave."

Advice to Management

Add an incentive program. Give people the raises they deserve. I've heard people say they haven't gotten a raise in 7 years....7 YEARS!!! The cost of living has increased drastically since then....BUT WAIT...upper management sent us something stating that "most companies don't give raises" (Lies).

6. NCB to Byline

I have been working at North Community Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upper management is doing a great job to structure a new culture. Great place to work with great people.

Cons

Pay Scale, Benefits, No Raises or Bonuses

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, pay your employes

7. Excellent, Great people working in many of the Chicagoland branches.

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Niles, IL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Niles, IL

I worked at North Community Bank

Pros

People, Work-life balance, company. Management is great, my branch manager was easily on of the best superiors I have had. Overtime paid.

Cons

Benefits low for part timers. Part-time did not get any benefits. No paid vacation days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Bad

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at North Community Bank

Pros

Friendly Staff, Lots of Coffee

Cons

Lack of training, Lots of Clicks

Advice to Management

Create training program

Lousy all around

Current Employee - Personal Bnker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Personal Bnker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at North Community Bank full-time

Pros

You don't need a college degree or common sense to do the work asked of you, you swing it, most people spend their time gossiping or eating at their desks, ABM is a dinosaur at the bank consistently does nothing, BM is useless does not know anything was hired because he is friends with regional manager

Cons

Mangement, HR does not defend employees, favoritism, gossip, no one ever knows what they are doing absolutely NO ONE, lack of communication, this bank is a joke

Advice to Management

Hire educated people are genuinely care for their work

10. Amazing environment and opportunity!

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at North Community Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is in a transition to a more centralized operational process system which is allowing for everyones ideas to count and turn into reality. The staff at all levels have some amazing tenure and have a true commitment to making this bank the best it can be. There is also growth in many of the departments which allows for job seekers to get in at a great time to make tremendous impact!

Cons

Change management is always a challenge and with such a large company it does take time which can be frustrating to those who have low patience. Luckily, the employees are on board and excited about the changes so the right attitude is in place to make the change management smooth.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing the training department will be critical to keep a well oiled machine at such a large capacity.

11. Great place o work to gain experience.

I have been working at North Community Bank full-time

Pros

opportunities to learn if you ask to be involved . People are always willing to help you and show you new things.

Cons

The pay is way below average. Work sometimes is overwhelming but you dont tae it home.

Advice to Management

Pay Employees what they deserve. They have been more than patient.

RSS Feed </> Embed