North Dakota State University

www.ndsu.edu

North Dakota State University Reviews in Fargo, ND

Updated May 2, 2014
North Dakota State University – US – “Architecture Studio”

North Dakota State University President Dean L. Bresciani

Dean L. Bresciani

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent work home life balance

Department Manager (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsExcellent work home life balance, great sense of community, and excellent benefits.

ConsLow starting salaries, difficult to get in to a position or move around here.

Good place to work

Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

Prosgood place for growth
    safe and best place for families

Cons4 months of extreme winter

excellent workplace and colleages

Dining Hall Worker (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsGood pay and supervisor, a great atmosphere to work

Consinflexible work schedule and the crazy weather in fargo

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it is one of the best places to work ,stress free and a good place except for the weather

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

Prosstress free,flexible. People care for each other and value your success, the area is growing and the university is a core part of that.

ConsVery cold in winter, which lasts almost half the year, flooding in spring, entertainment can be less than exciting at times

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be great to defuse the politics surrounding scandals, there are a lot of great workers and these types of issues are very distracting

Diverse and vibrant community

Lab Consultant (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsPeople care for each other and value your success, the area is growing and the university is a core part of that.

I have experienced unethical, dishonest, and unfair treatment from most administration at NDSU.

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsWhen the weather gets really bad, a snow day will allow you a day off.

ConsThe University does not honor the contracts it signs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the masked fraud.

Fargo nice city to live apart of its cold winter. Good School with lots of fun.

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsVery nice people in Fargo, I enjoyed living in there. There a number of good professors, too. Overall good school.

ConsThe mechanical engineering department has numbers of unprofessional teachers, be aware of them. Don't work with them, never.

Worked in Information Technology Services as a Student Employee while I went to school full-time.

Communications and Web Specialist (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsGood experience, laid back environment, friendly co-workers. The pace of workflow was easy to maintain and every so often, a challenging project would come up that would be rewarding to accomplish.

ConsSometimes mundane tasks and the pay could have been a little better. Not much cross-training among different parts of the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall the experience was great, just wish it paid a little better.

Excellent people to work with

Research Specialist (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsGood benefits and pay. I enjoy my coworkers and have a great boss. A lot of friendly and helpful people work here. Good place for collaboration. The School of Natural Resource Sciences has good family values.

ConsPoor dental plan. Some of the University bureaucratic stuff gets annoying, but that is part of working at an University.

Much better opportunities available for men than women

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

Prosopportunity to continue your own education with 1 course/ semester if you wish to do so. A lot of nice people work there.

ConsSexist. Rules/ policies are randomly followed or enforced by administration. Splendid opportunities will be presented to male employees while female employees will be asked to teach less desirable courses and take on extra classes. I watched a male colleague get paid to vacation in Europe with his family (when he was supposed to do a particular job) and when the work he was paid to do was not done, administration demanded that the female faculty work overtime and for no additional pay to do the job that the male colleague had been paid to do. And then they gave the male colleague Paid Leave after his paid family vacation/ work abdication. True Story.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed clear, unambiguous policies that are followed in the same way for everyone.

Worked for North Dakota State University? Contribute to the Community!