North Florida Regional Medical Center

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ward Boston III

A chance to do personally rewarding work helping others.

Staff RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at North Florida Regional Medical Center

ProsHelping others is rewarding, co-workers are great, flexible scheduling, good benefits.

ConsRecently, although the company is doing quite well (HCA made over a billion last year alone) annual raises have been poor. Compensation in general, due to the proximity of several local nursing programs and a steady supply of new nurses each year, is lower than state and national averages. No state income tax helps, but a higher rate of pay would be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat senior nurses (5+ years of service) with more respect, autonomy and opportunities for advancement. Make promotion decisions based on qualifications, not preference of administration.

A very challenging, fast paced work environment. The staff were friendly.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I worked at North Florida Regional Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsFast paced learn a lot, adequate training.

ConsCould use more training at times it is too busy and difficult to get the help needed. Some of documentation required is redundant or can be confusing especially the way the medications are separated into what the patient took at home, in hospital and maybe another category of reconciled meds. This can be confusing for the patient and if they are discharged to a facility. the hospital really needs to look at their system for this, and fix it to keep it simple. As a nurse it made me nervous.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a little more time with floor staff to the get the real pulse of the team.

Promises Promises

RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at North Florida Regional Medical Center

ProsI had been out of nursing several years. When I re-entered my field, N.FL was more than willing to hire me and to give any/all clinical review that I needed.

ConsThey made alot of promises. I was hired at a GN Rate, even though I had 15+ years of experience; I was told once I completed their orientation and showed 'what I could do" that I would have a review of salary, (I figured approx 6mos) I have received my 'yearly' review, along with everyone else. I did get a minimal increase, ($0.60/hr); I am making about the same amt of money as new grads that I have been training...I am quite upset about this and have began the process of looking for another position elsewhere. (which I am Not looking forward to doing, because I do like where I work!!!!)

Advice to Senior ManagementI would think that nurses hired would be paid based on years of experience.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fair, albeit, scathing review

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at North Florida Regional Medical Center

Prosthe hospital earnestly attempts to remain in the forefront of health care, but it seems it falls short due to a general lack of caring from staff. the staff does however exude more of a family atmosphere than i have seen at other places. the physicians have an excellent rapport with the staff and are very approachable

Consthe sheer lack of career advancement opportunities render it somewhat of a poor place for fresh graduates to apply for work. however - management is always open to new ideas and change. in effect, you may help develop new policies and procedures, and be recognized for it - but that no means will be reflected in your annual.... which can be very disheartening at times.

Advice to Senior Managementallow others to grow. support them. give them opportunities to improve and aide in change. this is NOT a serice industry. its health care. maybe others have an idea that can help patients. hear them out.

ok

Interventional Rad (Current Employee)

I have been working at North Florida Regional Medical Center

Prosits a growing hospital and great people

Consdoesn't pay well and cafeteria is small

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Worked for North Florida Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Florida Regional Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for North Florida Regional Medical Center CEO Ward Boston III. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by North Florida Regional Medical Center employees.