North Highland Reviews

Reset
3.9
North Highland President and CEO Dan Reardon
Dan Reardon

Pros
  • There isn't a better company out there with work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Great people with great skills striving to provide value to their clients (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / life balance has become a myth (in 9 reviews)

• Not competive compensation / base salary (in 15 reviews)

Expert Practitioner

Current Employee - Expert Practitioner in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Expert Practitioner in Dallas, TX

I have been working at North Highland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Consistntly committed to doing the right thing by our clients and our people. I love how this firm is willing to look inward at what is working and what isn't - and bold enough to make the necessary changes. Great at empowering individuals to define their career and at providing stretch opportunities

Cons

Going through some growing pains as we are implementing some significant changes. While the change isn't easy, I've seen our leadership remain committed to the bigger picture. would love to see these changes implemented more quickly, however.

Advice to Management

stay focused on the long term and the entreprenurial spirit that got us here. be more aggessive with changes and their rollout

North Highland Response

Apr 20, 2015 – Global Services

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on what it’s like to work at North Highland and it’s great to know that you’re enjoying your experience. It’s always important to us to hear from our employees ... More

RUN! A great company turned marginal at best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at North Highland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are times when a role can be flexible but don't count on it. It is increasingly becoming a travel model and their inability to sell consulting consistently negatively impacts the employees that deliver the work. Often times, employees are expected to drive to the other side of the city with no incentives due to the firm's desperation for work.

Cons

Talent has fled to join real consulting firms Pay is extremely non-competitive, even to other local models Constant transformation efforts indicating leadership lacks direction Overpromised in all aspects during interview prior to joining

Advice to Management

Step up and make the hard decisions. An overwhelming number of legacy employees in senior leadership roles are ineffective and don't have a clue about true leadership.

Local office model consulting firm

Former Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I worked at North Highland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong talent to work with. Compensation model rewards high utilization directly. Searches for opportunities to keep consultants on local engagements.

Cons

North highland is facing stiff competition in many of its markets by smaller firms emulating its business model with lower overhead and the ability to undercut North Highland on price.

Advice to Management

Look for more acquisition opportunities

If you want to do consulting, there is no better consulting company in the world

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at North Highland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid by the hour for overtime (any billable hours over 30/week as long as you average 30/week for the entire quarter). There are numerous other ways to get bonuses. Low to no travel. Local model. We work and live where our clients do. We are growing like crazy. The company quite simply has the most incredible leadership team. They really do care about doing a great job for our clients.

Cons

I really can't think of any, but in order to meet the 20 word minimum, I would say that it's hard to make friends with my co-workers. We're always at the client sites and many times we're on 1 person projects. Or if we're not, the company has a very experienced employee base, which means most of them are busy with family life and don't do a lot of hanging out together.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I think you are doing an incredible job.

RSS Feed </> Embed