North Highland

North Highland Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

North Highland President and CEO Dan Reardon

Dan Reardon

Pros
  • There isn't a better company out there with work/life balance(in 41 reviews)

• Employee Owned in the truest sense; collaborative culture; solid work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Low base salary, complex bonus structure, mediocre benefits(in 15 reviews)

• The work/life balance has tilted into mass amounts of work for almost no gain(in 8 reviews)

Strong, Conservative Company Poised for Growth

ProsInnovative service offerings, strong culture

ConsVariable comp model is challenging for some but works for high performers very well

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to think strategically and look for more opportunities for growth and expansion

Loved working for this company!

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMy colleagues were some of the smartest, most talented and funniest people I've ever worked with....everyone took the responsibilities and expectations for the client work product very seriously but I found it to be an engaging, rewarding experience. I had great clients and still maintain personal and professional connections to many of them.

ConsI have nothing negative to share about my own experience. It was the perfect time and place for my needs and for that stage of my career.

Great people; consulting done right

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice, super smart, well-rounded people
    Employee-owned mentality and structure
    NO TRAVEL!!!
    Senior level consultants who've been around the block a few times

ConsLower pay (no "travel premium") compared to other top consulting firms
    Lack of well-rounded support to ensure Affiliates can bring their best work to clients

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit how thoroughly you support Affiliates - give them access to tools, "how things work around here" guidelines, etc. - perhaps a simple online training module that can bring new Affiliates up to speed? Lines were blurred on client site and can lead to miscommunication amongst team members around roles/responsibility boundaries.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First-rate.

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEmily, VP goes above and beyond for her NH team. NH is lucky to have her as a leader.

ConsAccount managers need to check-in with staff more, in order to mitigate possible future challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for being so accessible and transparent.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked here full time over 5 years

ProsGreat company with exceptional people and high quality work for our clients. Just finished annual meeting and charged up. Very positive momentum. This is our time.

ConsWe take too long to fix operational issues. Let's get it done this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestments look good but we need even more.

Great culture, management that listens to employees, and an opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial chops

ProsYou have the ability to own your career

ConsCompensation model can be challenging in the first year

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunications from management are frequent and open, but the channels used to communicate don't always work for people who are staffed on projects

Great Company to Work for

Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThis is a great company with talented individuals, smart, and hard working. Would definitely recommend to other professionals looking for local consulting companies.

ConsNo major negative to talk about. They could do better with the bonuses especially sales and commission bonuses on projects sold. But all in all, a good company with good people.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no major advice for the company management at this point. They are responsive and do a great job of growing the company and maintaining the culture. They are also expanding internationally which creates more opportunities for the consultants.

great place to work, smart and dedicated people

Principal (Current Employee)

ProsFocus on clients, strong local leadership in most markets

ConsLocal Model challenges ability to bring industry/sme expertise to all projects

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that industries and local offices need to work together more

I plan to be a lifer

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat culture, great people, great clients

ConsAs of now, the NY office really focuses in two industries, but that will likely change as the office grows

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's unclear what expected salaries can be with promotions

Best place I've worked at in my entire career!

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee-owned, Uniquely friendly culture, Refreshingly honest work/life balance, Quiet confidence among colleagues, Collaborative environment, Control over variable compensation "levers"

ConsLower base salary than other consulting firms, Less mature infrastructure and back office than larger consulting firms

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove timely company-wide communications so employee-owners are informed about internal changes prior to finding out via "North Highland" Google alerts or other external newsfeeds.

Worked for North Highland? Contribute to the Community!