North Highland

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015

North Highland President and CEO Dan Reardon
Dan Reardon

Pros
  • Work life balance is really good and no pressure to work long hours if not needed (in 43 reviews)

• Great people with great skills striving to provide value to their clients (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance has tilted into mass amounts of work for almost no gain (in 9 reviews)

• Low base salary, complex bonus structure, mediocre benefits (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at North Highland full-time

Pros

Fantastic company to work for! From strategy to execution, the firm continues to deliver meaningful work and bring great value to the client. I have had the pleasure of delivering challenging work while working with some great people. Truly a great place to work.

Cons

Currently going through some necessary growing pains but senior leadership continues to keep the company's core values at heart throughout the transition.

Excellent company to work for, incredible people and clients

Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at North Highland

Pros

work-life balance, great career growth opportunities, strong leadership, compensation program is much improved, strong company values, employee owned

Cons

Most people would say the recent transformation was a con but now that it is complete and I am on the other side of it, I strongly approve of it. Specifically, I really appreciate the new compensation structure that was implemented

Continue working with employees to gather input, you're doing a great job incorporating our feedback into your leadership decisions

Great company to secure work-life balance and enjoy the benefits of being a part of the community

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at North Highland

Pros

People, Culture, Work life balance, local model

Cons

Lower Compensation as compared to other competitors

Don't compare North Highland to the larger firms because it is in a class all its own

Great company

Former Employee - Principal Consultant
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant

I worked at North Highland

Pros

I loved working at North Highland. I felt supported in my work, able to take risks without fear of retribution if I failed, and was involved with interesting and appropriately challenging work. I also worked for one of the best leaders ever - Jill Jacques. I left North Highland because I was offered a once in a lifetime career opportunity. Leaving North Highland was one of the most difficult professional decisions I ever made.

Cons

North Highland's compensation model is a bit lower than other firms and I know they are working to solve that issue. The flip side is that they honor work/life balance and demonstrate a care and interest in their employees' families. My family experienced an unexpected medical emergence during my time at North Highland and I was amazed at the understanding, compassion, and support they gave so willingly.

Continue to be true to the vision of North Highland. Be the consulting firm you, the consultant, would want to work for and would be proud to own. Listen. Ask questions. Then, lead and continue building the company of your dreams.

Great Company, Good leadership

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at North Highland as a contractor

Pros

Great People, good career opportunities. Talented and smart individuals that work hard, yet still leave time for their personal life.

Cons

No negatives at this time.

Great Culture... Intelligent Work... Creative People

I have been working at North Highland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture in London is strong. it is a fun, relaxed and creative place to work. I am surrounded by intelligent driven people every day.

Cons

Growing quickly - but we can handle it

Great people from great backgrounds - A REAL HIGH INTEGRITY place

I have been working at North Highland full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging work, great clients, great co-owners, 100% of employees are owners. This is a place that I would recommend to any top notch consultant. Not a good place if you are comfortable being mediocre...you won't last here.

Cons

Salaries have been low, but that is being corrected in late 2014.

Keep an eye on career development tailored for the best.

A positive, thoughtful culture with good people who care!

I worked at North Highland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked in many office environments where the ethical and moral boundries were tested and it is really great to have worked with a firm full of people who want to do the right thing for the firm, the people and their clients. North Highland is trying to make changes to improve the firm overall so the employees can continue to provide a solid career path for each person.

Cons

It will take some and a few cycles before North Highland achieves its goals. Patience is key as I believe they will get there.

Look deeper into why the changes are necessary to begin with. The market is much different than it was in 2001 and 2008-2010... Look at the potential market drivers that contributed to the success of the firm and what internal changes can combat the changes in the market today, 2014.

Changes are working

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at North Highland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can move up at your own pace. No time in grade like the big 4. I worked hard and got promoted fast. Make more than I would if I stayed at Big 4. Other are working less hours and are happy doing it but do not move up as fast.

Cons

Lots of folks left this year that should have been asked to go before now. The "nice" culture sometimes leads to people staying longer than they should.

Stay the course. The changes you are making are clearly working. Don't read the posts here from those that we're let go. They are not our future.

Wonderful

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at North Highland as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Interns are offered benefits. Great work atmosphere. Real-world experience. Constant work to be done, no twiddling your thumbs here!

Cons

Internship was too short and no permanent position offered.

None