North Kansas City Hospital

North Kansas City Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Very awesome place to work.

ES Supervisor (Current Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsThis is like working with family, Everyone is so caring here.

ConsI have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do, Your amazing group to work with.

Healthy work environment, plenty of room to grow your career!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsThis hospital really cares about their employees, co-workers are amazing. Clean, beautiful, and respectful work environment. Great benefits, ample parking, safe and convient location. Nurses given opportunities to be envolved, and are mentored by the best. Team work is amazing everyone is appreciated for their hard work and effort; everyone works equally and expected to perform their job to the best of their ability. Patient satisfaction is very important to staff and taken very seriously.

ConsSlightly behind technologically, but working toward improvements.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, employees that are happy will provide the most amazing patient care.

Great Hospital! Great employer!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat hospital where they really care about you as an employee. Great work atmosphere

ConsNot many opening because people dont leave.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They care about their employees.

Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsFair to above average treatment, highly innovative

ConsI have no cons to offer at this time.

Great Place to work

I T Department (Current Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsIf you work hard and do well you are recognized and rewarded. Our department has great leadership and is very fair to the employees.

ConsAlways construction taking place. It is good that the company continues to grow but it is sometimes frustrating that the elevators, hallways or parking lots are closed off.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that not everyone at the hospital are nurses. "Support staff" are not medically trained. However, we are just as important to provide the excellent care at the hospital. Most managers understand that but some easily forget.

Great company to work for.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsStay up to date on latest medical technologies.

ConsMoral of some employees is down therefore increasing number of call ins.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many middle management jobs.

Good place to work.

Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat staff. Completely redoing most parts of the hospital to keep it up to date. ER is new and spacious.

ConsBenefits could be better. Cut back on PTO but still better than nothing. Hard for lazy people to get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick up for your employees

Transportation Aide

Transportation Aide (Former Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsNKC Hospital is a decent size, but still gives a small community feel. It is hard to feel lost in the hospital once you have been working there a month or so. Every employee you see in the hall responds with kind waves and smiles. It is a great organization to work for, especially if you want to help patients. North Kansas City is ranked as one of the top hospitals in all of Missouri (I think it's #6 right now) and top rated for the Northland area. Has a history of growing and bettering the environment over the last few decades. It's a solid place to start your career, or even a great place to help pay during college years.

ConsSometimes it is hard being in a position which lacks any kind of authority. Be sure to stay in your lane.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to all of your employees about their questions and concerns. It really makes a difference.

Nursing Payroll Specialist

Nursing Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsFlexible schedule; you can make your own hours

ConsRequired to work every other Sunday. Needed additional help.

It's who you know

Pbx (Former Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsThere are some great people and overall the company is supportive of employees. It's been around a long time and isn't going anywhere. People in the community think highly of the hospital and many employees seem happy and proud.

ConsTop people make all the decisions. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Lots of favoritism in some areas. Certain departments are dead ends and others get lots of attention. Employees that are rude, incompetent and have bad attitudes don't get fired, they just get more power.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to input and recognize that employees at all levels can contribute. Don't be afraid to get rid of the bad apples.

Worked for North Kansas City Hospital? Contribute to the Community!