North Memorial Medical Center

www.northmemorial.com

North Memorial Medical Center Reviews

3.4

CEO

Great entry level position, good benefits, union based, and decent pay

Current Employee - Registration Specialist in Robbinsdale, MN
    Current Employee - Registration Specialist in Robbinsdale, MN

I have been working at North Memorial Medical Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

For those that are seeking experience great place to start and flexible with hours. Most of staff if generally friendly and willing to help with questions.

Seniority also aids those who have been with the company for a period of time as they have first preference based on hours worked

Cons

If you do not contract a full time position hours can be difficult to obtain, salary is increased based on how many hours applied; meaning that in order to gain an increase in pay you must put a full years worth of hours.

Seniority can influence hours obtained if you are first starting out as preference will be given

Management is friendly and generally wants to see employee excel in position.

Provide quality patient care with fewer and fewer resources.

Former Employee - Nurse in Robbinsdale, MN
    Former Employee - Nurse in Robbinsdale, MN

I worked at North Memorial Medical Center part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

co-workers, good training, flexible hours, reasonable pay, chance to see other departments, variety of experience, electronic documentation, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Money seems to be the bottom line for management. flexible hours

The patient not the dollar is the bottom line. Support the employee to get quality patient care.

A great place to begin my career

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Robbinsdale, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Robbinsdale, MN

I have been working at North Memorial Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

North Memorial has given me great opportunities to broaden my nursing career. The managers have made me feel like I'm integral to the team.

Cons

With the restructuring of the hospital to "increase profitability," many nurses had to change positions within the hospital. While it wound up being a nice change many were upset that they were forced to leave their old units.