NorthShore University HealthSystem

www.northshore.org

NorthShore University HealthSystem Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
NorthShore University HealthSystem – US – “Hospital Lab”

NorthShore University HealthSystem – US – “Hospital Lab”

Mark R. Neaman

Pros
  • Good benefits, room for advancement depending on department (in 7 reviews)

• Limited overtime/good work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They do things like "employee engagement" surveys and meetings, but understand this is for show (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever show any disagreement with upper management, especially nursing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Always oppertunity to grow,excellent place to work,excellent place to learn.

Medical Technologist (Former Employee) Evanston, IL

ProsGreat physician group who can understand the needs of a patient and warm human spiritual touch.

Consneed to learn constantly new things and apply towards your work.Great benefits pension as well as 401K plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more flexibity to employee to learn new things, and more easy excess to employee with management

Great facilities, good volunteer management

Volunteer (Former Employee)

ProsVolunteer department is well run, great first volunteer job, easy 4-hour shifts

ConsDoctors always seem really busy

Great for flexibility...not so great compensation

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Evanston, IL

ProsWork/life balance is great. Management makes sure that we all make it home to our kids. Many opportunities for growth if you reach out to the right people.

ConsCompensation is not in the least bit competitive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsGreat environment and very nice people to work with

ConsCan be hard to get parking privlages

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Evanston, IL

ProsI was given great opportunities while employed at Evanston hospital which helped me advance.

ConsI had a wonderful experience working there and did not have any issues that applied to myself or the department I worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a good job.

Fast-paced to the point of sloppiness

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsMany smart people working here.

ConsVery authoritarian.
    In spite of smart people, management does whatever they please without much consultation.
    Employee engagement surveys are BS.
    If you have issues with your manager, just leave because HR will not treat you fairly.
    They shun creativity.
    You get the feeling they are on their way down.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't manage your staff as if they are prisoners.

more concerned with buildings than people

ProsClose to home, and easy to get to work.

ConsYou're not advancing if you have any independent thoughts or ideas. Don't ever show any disagreement with upper management, especially nursing. No consideration for people, its all about the bottom line and business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on skill and experience, not just your favorites.

Excellent hospital to work for

PM&R Aide (Former Employee) Evanston, IL

ProsThe community feel to the place. Great communication from higher ups. Annual training is comprehensive for your job title. I wasn't eligible for benefits, but I heard that they were great. The co-workers were caring and compassionate people, which is essential in healthcare.

Conssome things might take a little longer due to having to follow the protocols/system put in place

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany values are excellent, please make sure they stay that way!

Great place to work

ProsFlexible work schedule. Allowed to work from home once a week. The culture promotes team work.

ConsMore horizontal organization than vertical. It's hard to move up the ladder to senior management. You're more likely get promoted with a II or III in the title.

Volunteer

Volunteer (Former Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsYou get a great experience of how a hospital works and the feeling of the environment. Many people start as a volunteer here and eventually start working in the same hospital.

ConsVolunteers work should be changed to an actual job because many of the work you do is equal to that of a labor job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe volunteer work used to be a paid job. Should bring it back to being paid.

Worked for NorthShore University HealthSystem? Contribute to the Community!