Northampton General Hospital

3.4
Northampton General Hospital Chief Executive Sonia Swart
Sonia Swart

1. Very supportive!

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Northampton General Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very supportive in supporting me with personal issues as well as supporting me to develop my nursing skills! They offered me occupational health appointments and reviews with my manager!

Cons

if there are people of sick. Nursing challenging patients or nursing patients who do not improve. Shift work.

Advice to Management

More choice over nurses picking their shifts and areas to work in!

2. Frankly, it was another Stafford hospital waiting to happen. Only hope it has cleaned up its act.

I have been working at Northampton General Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some excellent staff working in difficult circumstances. Lower level staff hard working and dedicated to patients. Close to town centre.

Cons

Financial irregularities that were regularly covered up. Patient care issues regularly covered up. Incompetence at the highest level of management covered up.

Advice to Management

Stop paying off people who do not deserve it; either because they are saying what the organisation needs to hear (and deal with) or because they are incompetent and should be discharged in the appropriate manner.

3. a fantastic place to work with excellent management in the pharmacy

Current Employee - Pharmacy Operations Manager in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Operations Manager in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Northampton General Hospital

Pros

positive enviorment encouraging contributions from all level of staff

Cons

none, just a shame the nhs as a whole is being squeezed so hard by the present government

Advice to Management

pharmacy management, carry on as you are

5. Projects worked on have been diverse and challenging, giving me the oppportunity to learn new things.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Northampton General Hospital

Pros

Diversity of Projects, covering Procurement stages right through to project delivery and closure. The nature of the projects have been 'state of the art' making NGH the first NHS site to deploy such solutions, and allowing me to learn new technologies such as Community based working, Voice Recognition Systems etc.

Cons

With Government funding reducing, a lot of projects do not have the resource structure required to deliver them. Therefore making them highly risky a real challenge to delivery to timescales and to budget, with no real fault of the project team. A restructure of the whole NHS system has meant changes being made for the sake of changes rather than whats best for the patient!

Advice to Management

The Leadership at NGH is very good, however, their hands are tied with the current changes in the whole NHS System

RSS Feed </> Embed