Northeast Medical Group

Northeast Medical Group Reviews

Updated August 6, 2014
Updated August 6, 2014

CEO

A very nice place to work. Pleasant working environment; good benefits and compensation

I have been working at Northeast Medical Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful people, hard working, smart and fun. Administration and management demonstrate professionalism and appreciate their employees and the value they bring.

Cons

The same growing pains organizations on the move typically have.

Would not recommend working as a midlevel at the Bridgeport Hospitalist site

Current Employee - Midlevel in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Midlevel in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Northeast Medical Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are ok otherwise not much else. No call associated with this position.

Cons

- Consistently was not paid for my hours worked in a timely manner. Wages were paid several pay periods past the date worked. My manager stated it was not his responsibility and the finance department wrote an e-mail stating basically they can pay us whenever they feel like it. I had to let HR know that I was about to file a wage claim with the department of labor to be paid for wages that were a year overdue.

-Night shift is expected to consistently be on the phone for daytime meetings and come in for daytime meetings that would be during their sleeping hours between shifts. Managers and HR bring night employees during their sleeping hours to chatize them for not coming in during their sleeping hours but state they cannot meet past 4 because it is outside of their working hours and is unreasonable to expect them to stay beyond their scheduled working day. These meetings are unpaid and in addition to the 40+ hour work week. Dayshift is not expected to come in on their time off.

- Two people on night shift cover over 130 patients and do all admissions.

-Nursing staff refuses to call non-hospitalist providers at night and will repeatedly page the hospitalist pager for orders or to try to assess a patient. Despite being told several times that we are not to see patients that are not on our service, they continue to page. Passive aggressive nursing staff. ER nursing will refuse to carry out orders, such as transfusing a patient with a hemoglobin of 5. Nursing staff in ER have handed midlevels random pills that were not ordered by the midlevel demanding that they give it to the patient because "they were busy".

-Residents at the hospital are extremely rude and belittling towards the midlevel providers on this service. I have been screamed at, repeatedly paged to be complained to, had residents refuse to accept patients on the shared hospitalist-resident panel despite spaces available and have had residents be generally belligerent to me. Constantly complaining that they are busy despite taking care of fewer patients with more staff at night.

-No one in the hospital is trained in hospital policy and will try to page the hospitalist to dump everything on them instead of looking up the appropriate procedure and resource (all of which are available online).

-Managers retaliate if you file an incident report.

-MDs are allow to get away with not seeing patients on their panel, coming in 3 hours late to a shift, taking on their cell phones the entire shift.

-No teamwork.

- No orientation provided when you start

-You are not told what your benefits are when you start- no paperwork given, no contact information for HR or any other department is provided. HR is not responsive, communicates poorly and is only present 2-3 days a week. HR messed up my on boarding and for several weeks I told them I was being over paid. It was not until I asked to speak with an HR supervisor that they fixed the problem but I owed thousands in back pay and received a nasty, accusatory phone call from finance. On boarding process is highly disorganized.

- I had someone show up for me to orient them after my third day on the job ( without orientation). No one told me this was happening.

-Pay your employees according to state law.

-Treat your employees with respect.

-Do not hold higher expectations for night shift than day shift- it is difficult enough to sleep during the day without having to get up for meeting and day shift is not expected to come into meetings at 2 am, 10 pm, or 8 pm. You will not keep night staff if you continue to do this- especially when management and HR state that they should not have to have meeting outside of their working hours.

-You need to completely restructure your HR department and on boarding process in Bridgeport- the worst I have ever encountered hands down.

-Please advocate for your providers to ensure that other staff and providers on other services treat them with respect and understand appropriate interactions with hospitalists and company policy. It is very difficult to cover 130 patients and do upwards of 15 admissions a night between 2 people if you have to hand hold and manage the hospital. Many of these functions and pages should be directed to the nursing supervisor so I wondering what is going on there.

-Hold your providers accountable- if they are coming in hours late everyday, not seeing patients and then dumping the work onto nights it should be addressed.

-Stop sweeping safety issues ( such as staffing numbers) under the rug

-Create clear policies for your service

-Do not expect employees who have been working for 3 days without ever being oriented to orient new employees.

Growing company

I worked at Northeast Medical Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Serves the low-income, immigrant Asian population, good benefits.

Cons

Growing pains from their explosive growth in the past few years.

Growing company, lots of locations and opportunities

I have been working at Northeast Medical Group full-time

Pros

Many departments and clinic locations
    Willing to train the right people
    Benefits are pretty good
    There are good teams and coworkers, big hearts
    Good community service--they are helping people stay healthy and get health care

Cons

Needs better communication between departments

Make it easier for staff to share their ideas and opinions

I have been working at Northeast Medical Group

Pros

-You can really help the community by working here.

Cons

-Salary is not that high.

Northeast Medical Group Photos