Northeastern University

www.northeastern.edu
Profile Unclaimed

Good place to work at

I have been working at Northeastern University

Pros

good place to work at. so many good supervisors. You will have a lot of opportunity to meet many people. Most of them are always ready to help you.

Cons

Time management is very important. Everyone must have all the work done before the deadline.

Clinical associate professor

Former Employee - Clinical Associate Professor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Clinical Associate Professor in Boston, MA

I worked at Northeastern University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A university on the rise. It has recently been ranked as one of the top fifty universities in the country.

Cons

The older faculty are still adjusting to contemporary teaching methods and to the demands of today's students.

Give faculty members ample credit for professional development. For example, course release time to learn how to use teaching technology effectively. Provide sabbaticals to selected faculty members (at least one in each academic department) to learn how to apply online teaching to their areas of teaching.

Simple & Honest Review

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northeastern University

Pros

The benefits are amazing, especially the retirement plan.

Cons

Not every boss is the best. However, when you get the right boss, your job can be very enjoyable.

I have been at Northeastern for a number of years and have enjoyed my time here.

I have been working at Northeastern University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good professional development oppotunities and wonderful colleagues

Cons

Limited opportunities to advance your career within the university and low pay increases for internal promotions.

As a student technician, I was responsible for greeting and helping customers at the front desk, as well as tech issues.

Current Employee - IT Help Desk in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - IT Help Desk in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northeastern University

Pros

I love the flexibility of customer service and being an actual IT technician and working on customers' machines directly.

Cons

Management a bit rusty, slow.

I worked at Northeastern University

Pros

There are many pros to Northeastern University including benefits, work schedule, good company, good location.

Cons

There are a few cons to Northeastern University. HEctic work environment, lots of poor communicaiton. Not overall many cons availible.

Staff and faculty not very nice!

Current Employee - Senior Grant Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Grant Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northeastern University

Pros

free education for myself and my child.

Cons

Staff and faculty not very nice, mean.

It's OK

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northeastern University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Boston is a beautiful city and NEU is in a great location (very close to downtown) making it easy to access with public transportation.

Cons

It is really costly to live and winters are so cold and long. NEU has recently become very popular for undergrad education due to its coop program which resulted in too many students for a small area.
    Your happiness from graduate research assistantship is mostly dependent on your adviser and it is not a rare event to come across with a bad one.

Not too bad!

Former Employee - Call Center Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Call Center Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Northeastern University

Pros

Very supportive work environment, energetic supervisor. They set goals for us and were flexible with scheduling and taking days off. There were a lot of student employees in the alumni call center.

Cons

The job itself was at the call center which wasn't the most exciting. It was also located in the basement of a building which was a bit depressing (no windows). I imagine other work areas are different though!

Northeastern Mathematics

I worked at Northeastern University

Pros

Meet very nice amazing people. The entrepreneurship club is very active and great place. Close proximity to good other top schools. Great coop program

Cons

Funding sometimes can be limited. More focus on applied areas not much to pure, such as math.

Northeastern University Photos