Northern Quest Resort & Casino

Reset
2.2
Phillip Haugen
1 Rating

1. The tribe was amazing.. but the management was inconsistent, none of them were on the same page. I feel disappointed.

Former Employee - Server in Airway Heights, WA
    Former Employee - Server in Airway Heights, WA

I worked at Northern Quest Resort & Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid holidays, vacations, incentive programs. the property was gorgeous. the majority of the guests were so much fun to see and server. My fellow co-workers were exceptional.

Cons

i didnt understand the sick policy, why accrue sick time if you cant use it? without the fear of losing your job. Or being denied your vacation/time off request. Hours of operation 24 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Your management teams should communicate in their circles before executing the main goal. so that everyone is on the same page. instead of one telling you to do it one way and another manager telling you to do it the other way..

2. Prepare for big time disappointment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Airway Heights, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Airway Heights, WA

I have been working at Northern Quest Resort & Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1 free meal a day (food is not great though) Multiple departments to move around (not up but around) Diversity ( I love the people I became friends with here) People think your job is cool (but then you have to explain to them that its not at all)

Cons

Very low moral and dropping by the day Very high turn over rate Much talk of good things to come and caring absolutely NO follow through, everything they do is just for show -just to say they held a meeting on it but will never actually happen. Upper management does not care one bit about the people below them because in their opinion we are BELOW them. Its like your being sold a car by a pushy salesman every day just a bunch of lies told striaght to your face.

Advice to Management

I wish this was still a good place to work, job hunting sucks. Insulting your employees intelligence is not a good way to keep a quality team. The things you said about the Spokane Tribe was deplorable how dare you become the bully's you had to deal with before. Should they open and treat their employees with respect you will lose to many employees to sustain your 4 Diamond/ Forbes rating and you will lose it. You say we have a safe place to go to when we need to ask questions but you know that it will be held against us later.

3. Fun experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Airway Heights, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Airway Heights, WA

I worked at Northern Quest Resort & Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of politics and preference being that it is a native casino. Even though the company is constantly expanding, there are hardly any raises. Depending on the department, not a lot of communication going on and some people in high positions are extremely power hungry.

Cons

A lot of benefits. Paid lunch hours, vacation time, and 401K. Fun place to work if you love to people watch.

RSS Feed </> Embed