Northlich

Kathy Selker

Great creative!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

I worked at Northlich

ProsWork hard, play hard. This company likes to celebrate their wins and boasts a casual atmosphere. If you want a great look inside an ad agency, Northlich is your place. The employees are so passionate about what they do... It's inspiring.

ConsThere's a lot of competition in the local market. Cincinnati has a ton of agency presence and sometimes it's hard to win business.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement development plans for current employees... I would include free courses and plans of action for employees to gain promotions.

Roller Coaster

Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Northlich

ProsSmart senior leadership. Bright people in creative, strategy, etc.

ConsPlays favorites with employees. No clear cut niche, more generalist agency than specialist. A fast revolving door. Many people are overworked and unhappy but afraid to admit it.

Tumultuous culture, high turnover, office politics

Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Northlich

ProsNorthlich has had some great people. The younger staff in particular seemed highly intelligent and extremely motivated. They had a desire to do the right thing even if management and systems made it difficult to express themselves.

ConsI have never seen a more political environment than at Northlich. The leadership there has undergone great transition in the last few years as various power struggles played out.

Advice to Senior ManagementRediscover your moral compass. Don't be afraid to admit your past mistakes. Add a dash of humility to your approach to the advertising and branding game.

If your and ad person and want to work in a P&G environment then this is this place for you.

Account Director (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsVery Strategic and great learning from the P&G way

ConsThe culture was more like working on the client side than an agency. Agency was too locked into the P&G way..even for non-P&G clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an agency not a client

Great place to have on your resume, but pay is low and advancement is slow.

Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Northlich

ProsManagement and direct supervisor very approachable and excellent about helping a young employee learn and develop in different marketing areas. Working on the agency's largest client, the recognition for great work was constant.
Very creative group of people. Unique ideas that speak directly to a target were frequent and rewarded.

ConsOn day-to-day issues, there is a disconnect between senior management and employees. The direction of the company, new logo and other changes were in the dark to the majority of employees. Group feedback and buy in would make the change process stronger.
Change and feedback in the mid-sized/large agency occurred very slowly.
The turnover rate is very high. Folks are frequently in and out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore frequent communication to employees.
Weekly e-mail update was successful, but did not last.

Increase compensation to increase employee retention. Employees will use Northlich experience to start career and go elsewhere to make more money.

Met some of smartest people in the industry and some lifelong friends at Northlich.

I worked at Northlich for more than 8 years

ProsI worked on a broad range of brands and product categories.

ConsLonger hours than any other agency job I've ever worked. That's dependent on client/work load though.

Challenging, a roller coaster

I have been working at Northlich

Prosgreat communications from the top down and a heritage of doing great work. There are some really bright people working across the company

ConsFear. The company is afraid to focus, afraid to ask clients to pay for the true value of the work and that leads to employees being overworked. There has been little meaningful growth in last few years.

Worked for Northlich? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northlich reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northlich CEO Kathy Selker. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Northlich employees.