Northridge Hospital Medical Center

Updated August 27, 2014

CEO

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

When I gave birth to my son in 2007

Former Employee - Temporary Office Support - Education Department in Northridge, CA

I worked at Northridge Hospital Medical Center as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Always there for me, very attentive to my needs, someone there to hold my hand when I wasn't feeling well.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. I realky enjoyed working there, as a temp permanent staff treated me like one of their own, wish I could find permanent employment there in the education department with Jan Welsh.

Need to give a deep consideration to even temp employees who apply for a position there. I have wanted to stay there as an employee permanently since starting there in 2009 and being let go in 2010. Was so quick not even a reason why we were all let go. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone there.

Elizabeth Gochez

Started out as a good experience only to slowly decline into a downwards spiral.

Current Employee - Food Services in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Food Services in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Northridge Hospital Medical Center (more than 5 years)

Pros

Seeing certain fellow employees and customers/visitors/patients, at times, makes up for the negative attributes.
    Set pay that is higher than minimum wage and protected by union.

Cons

No benefits for Per Diem positions.
    Per Diem employees still pay for union fees despite not having benefits.
    Management is run in a "blind leading the blind" style with there being no set structure.

Listen to lower employees about making changes before just coming in and making changes assuming that it will work out. Perhaps take a walk in our shoes for a day or two to see how "effective" changes are before assuming it they should work.

Unsafe, with lots of staff in-fighting. Bullying. Unprofessional.

Former Employee - Social Worker in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Northridge, CA

I worked at Northridge Hospital Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I got a pay check on a regular basis. Oh yes, they do have a nice chapel.

Cons

Detached management. Just felt so impersonal, and often unable to adequately address patient concerns.

A very comprehensive.

Former Employee - Clinical Dietitian in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Dietitian in Northridge, CA

I worked at Northridge Hospital Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Multi-disciplinary approach to dietetics practice.

Cons

Volatile employees, including upper management.

In the regular occurrence of heightened turn-over, as hospital organizations today face this trend, have some degree of patience with staff and practice retention efforts of valuable employees.

Good pay, the most unprofessional management I have ever encountered.

Former Employee - Nursing in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Nursing in Northridge, CA

I worked at Northridge Hospital Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits. Some of the staff are super sweet and caring.

Cons

Extremely unfair managers that run together in a click. If you are not in their circle, you don't stand a chance. If you are, you can curse, lie, cheat and steal and they will cover for you. Very sad. It is almost like they encourage each other to behave this way. Seriously, it is horrible.

My only words to management here are what comes around always goes around.

I was there as a temp then suddenly they decided to let all the temps throughout go.

Former Employee - Clerk in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Clerk in Northridge, CA

Pros

friendly and clean place to work

Cons

Not quick in responding to applicants

Need to consider people who are qualified to jobs not just people who look good in tight revealing clothing. Give other hard working people a chance to work

Average Place to Work In California

Current Employee - Nursing in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Nursing in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Northridge Hospital Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great staff, friendly employees. Practice is well structured as well as their protocols.

Cons

management is not very well structured

A nice place to work close to home.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Northridge Hospital Medical Center

Pros

Variety of patient diagnosis and level of patient care (i.e. Trauma Center, ICU, CVU, Oncology, General Medical/Surgical, etc.)

Cons

Working a couple holidays per year.

More opportunities for social interaction between the different disciplines may help with building camaraderie interdepartmentally. Also, I would like the hospital to create more opportunities with the community such as health awareness fairs and/or career days in order to educate the public about the multiple aspects of health professionals.