Northrop Grumman

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.4 1,647 reviews

Northrop Grumman Chairman, CEO & President Wesley G. Bush

Wesley G. Bush

Pros
  • The 9/80 schedule makes it easier for employees to maintain a better work/life balance(in 121 reviews)

• Flexible work hours, 9/80 schedule gives you every other Friday off(in 102 reviews)

Cons
  • 15-23 yrs experience engineers quietly in order to save upper management staff(in 49 reviews)

• Very large company sometimes takes longer to get things done(in 35 reviews)

1,647 Employee Reviews

Great place with good people

EH&S (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGood job stability and chance to learn

ConsPoor managment, look out for themselves and not their employees more worried about their money instead of ensuring employees have what they need.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork for you people not against them

Great company to work for

Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGood Salary, Liked Office Environment

ConsLong hours, Isolation from others in company, not much interaction between programs

Very Program dependent. Get on the right project and its great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTons of work activities, Connect1NG, full paid tuition, lots of different places and things to work on. Great place to start your career. PDP program. GREAT benefits

ConsWhen things are slow, they drag. If you get stuck on a bad program, you will either have nothing to do or get fired. Company tends to overhire then fire. They also tend to bid the Cadillac when the Ford will do (and that's what the government wants).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more lateral movements to your current employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Planner Sr.

Program Planner (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsExcellent benefits and pay. People work well together

ConsLong way to drive. Facility located near LAX.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to mix young and older employees in a fair way. Too many younger employees were being promoted over seasoned veteran employees. Not good for cohesiveness.

IT Manager

IT Manager (Current Employee) Fort Leavenworth, KS

ProsThe company offers a great benefits package with competitive pay. In addition, there was a lot of room for upward growth and they catered professional development with extra funds. Also, they had a good bonus program and upper management had a good open door policy.

ConsThe biggest issue I had with working there was the travel. Though they stated two to three months a year I spent over 170 days on the road supporting missions. Also, there were times when you felt like an outsider never having served in the Military.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see the management be proactive when hiring and open about the time involved with travel.

It is fantastic.

College Intern I (Current Employee) Palmdale, CA

ProsGreat benefits, friendly people, and an overall company eagerness to work.

ConsThe job requires quite a bit of thinking.

Great experience in working wiht NG

ETL Developer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSeasoned professional consulting company, good process in place. They have good benefit package for the employees.

Consthe perks are not great compared to the industry standard

Understanding your job at the beginning is difficult, but fellow employees are always there to help.

College Technical Intern (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe pay is great! You get paid for standard U.S. holidays even as an intern. There is a flexible work schedule. The dress is lax. The work is enjoyable.

ConsIt is tough to know what is expected of you at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementInform employees of different starting elements better. Example: not knowing you are automatically enrolled in a benefits program, regardless of being an intern.

Overall a good experience

ProsThe ability to work for a company that supports its warfighter with the end user in mind.

ConsAny upward mobility starting from a college higher is mostly done by years of experience rather than quality of work.

A company with a strong mission and brilliant engineers

ProsMeaniningful work, saving lives of our service men and women.
    Great work life balance
    Lots of people who care about development

ConsSometimes have a military leadership view, some managers are not so good.
    Falls for gimmicky ways of measuring employee happiness sometimes loses track of great employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of that stupid Gallup poll, it drives out great managers

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!