Northside Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Northside Hospital President and CEO Bob Quattrocchi

Bob Quattrocchi

Pros
  • NSH has a Good Reputation & it is ever growing(in 4 reviews)

• Northside offers great benefits and there is always room for growth(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They want you to treat the patients like royalty, yet the staff are treated like crap(in 2 reviews)

• There is no set schedule to your work schedule, and there are many "call-off" days(in 2 reviews)

if you are in the right click,you can go far

Food Service (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prossome of the staff members are wonderful and very helpful! the patients and their families are very nice and they appreciate everything that you do for them!

Consjob opportunities are according to if you are in the right click!! doing a great job does not guarantee you consideration for full time or advancement. Raises are far and few!!

It was a great experience, plenty of growth opportunities.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsKnowlege exposure, positive work environment & co-workers, promotion opportunities

ConsMedian salary range for some

Keep employees at one level

ProsDepartment level staff is friendly.

ConsGetting ahead. Even with high education manager don't see a reason to encourage promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement mostly Forsyth campus need to start looking closely at the staff who are striving to get ahead and stop putting people down as if their education is worth nothing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employer

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPay was appropriate for my position. Wonderful work environment. Great people to work with.

ConsWorking at a satellite office, sometimes difficult to get in touch with management (HR, payroll, etc...) Limited staffing, available employees are overworked

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staffing up, reduce demands on nurses.

Phenomenal growth and opportunity at Northside Hospital when economy is good.

Manager (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsThe opportunities for education and training are plentiful and encouraged for all levels of staff. Managerial benefits were generous and appreciated. Constant growth and plans for the future infected the employees with optimism. During good economic times there is no better place to work in healthcare Atlanta market. Administration friendly and open to ideas. Terrific non-profit organization.

ConsAs a non-profit, the economic recession of 2008 hit Northside hard and there were many rounds of layoffs for a two year period--through early 2011. Clinical staff was kept of course, but hundreds of long term employees including Directors and Managers in non-clinical roles lost their jobs. Positions were eliminated and those job duties spread to other existing lower paid staff members.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider business mgmt. internships for graduate students. Grow your HR dept to be more diverse. Continue to push training and education for all levels of staff for their growth and the continued growth of Northside system.

Mostly positive experience.

ProsRetirement, shift differentials, workable schedule. They like to promote from within.

ConsThey hire new employees and pay them more than a loyal long-term employee

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on salary compensation for existing employees before paying newbies more than long term employees.

Phenomenal

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to work and awesome people

ConsNothing unusual from any other job that I have had.

Bitter Sweet

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe turnover rate is so high which makes it easy to move around within the company. A good place for new grad nurses to get initial experience

ConsManagement doesn't support the staff against patients. The patient is right no matter what. They want you to treat the patients like royalty, yet the staff are treated like crap. They are still using paper charting and the equipment is NOT on the cutting edge. The retention rate is very high because management doesn't address any of the staff concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress staff concerns more. Happy workers will increase retention rates and also hcahps will stay through the roof.

If you are in the right click you are ok

ProsNone that I can think of

ConsPlace is an absolute joke

they dnt value there employees

Patient Access Reg (Current Employee)

ProsNone really not recomend it really

Consboss are 2 facers they dont care for there employees

Worked for Northside Hospital? Contribute to the Community!