Northstar Alarm

www.northstaralarm.com

Northstar Alarm Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Jason Christensen

Good people and product, not the best support

Summer Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexibility in pricing means you have room to work. People really want you to succeed. Compensation is fair and acheivable

ConsNot as structured as necessary for those starting out. Very wide gap between experienced sellers and new employees is inevitable but makes it frustrating for those who struggle

Advice to Senior ManagementMore realistic expectations would cause people to work harder.

Best Job Ever

Service (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsFantastic people, great working environment, lots of free NorthStar gear, free lunch and dessert once a month, good pay!

ConsSome what small so a little harder to move, but really... Only a little hard... Still lots of opportunities here.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the ideas of the little guys, they are the ones on the front lines and experiencing and learning about what it is that the customer truly wants. They probably have good ideas as to how to run/do things more efficiently.

My experience at Northstar has been great!

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsBesides the fact that Northstar's compensation is close to, if not, the best in the industry, I love the fact that all of reps receive equity right out of the gates. Unlike stock where u only get paid once upon a sell off of your equity, Northstar's equity is in the form of a monthly residual payment that pays you even before you sell it off.

ConsIf you hate competition, this company/job is simply not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep caring for your constituents like you do; it shows.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They know where they are going and what they are trying to accomplish.

Independent Sales Contractor (Current Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsJob stability. Being able to provide and excellent living for your family.

Conscustomer service is my question. what can a customer expect when their system is installed?

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know enough about your company to give you any advice. Once I do, you'll be the first person I inform!

Given the opportunity to grow and advance beyond my expectations

ProsNorthStar alarm is quickly growing and expanding. There is ample opportunity for advancement within a company saturated with integrity in a fun, respectful work environment. In my opinion Northstar offers the best opportunities to its sales and tech staff by giving them the resources and support to succeed.

ConsThe corporate office has no soda machine.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to appreciate the employees who support you and NS will continue to be a great place to work!

Great Opportunity

Advertising Director (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsOpportunity for growth, massive earnings potential, equity in your work, always innovating.

ConsIf you aren't self motivated, it will be harder to succeed. Earnings are based on commission, so there is a learning curve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Great experience, along with great opportunity

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsYou are given an opportunity to earn what you are worth instead of getting paid by the hour. The management takes care of you.

ConsIt's not easy. Going door to door isn't something hard to do but it's tough doing the same thing most the day, day after day. you feel like a robot sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to understand the hows and whys of what we are getting paid. I thought i was going to get paid more than I had.

It is enjoyable coming into work everyday, because of the people.

Won't Say, Will Give Away My Identity (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsThey are Personable. The company is based off great core values. We have good employees. Active in community service. We can all see the company's ability to grow into something bigger.

ConsManagement is scared(hates) of change, which can be a big issue with it comes to the growth of the company. The fact that we do not get paid holidays. Management is not always open to new ideas, which goes along with the fact that they don't like change. I don't like that we get so little PTO and have to wait 6 months to even use it. That is a little unheard of.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to ideas and act on them. Step outside the comfort zone and be ok with changes.

My experience has been entirely positive since I've joined the NorthStar team.

Marketing (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsExtensive training for your position and on the company, great company core values and mission, fantastic management who are honest and want to see you succeed, upbeat office environment, spontaneous lunches/birthday celebrations, free gear, and service opportunities.

ConsSo far, I've really yet to come across any cons (honest). Compared to any job I've ever had, this job has no comparison.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpanding our office would be great--we need even more great people! From what I hear, that is about to happen as well.

Good pay, plenty of problems

ProsThey will pay you more per account than anyone else. You will be able to learn from some great salesmen.

ConsThe payroll department messes up frequently and you have to fight to get what they owe you. Customers can cancel just by saying you lied even if you didn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the pay more accurate.

Worked for Northstar Alarm? Contribute to the Community!