Northstar Travel Media

Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Tom Kemp

1. Great place to work. A quickly changing and growing company within one of the best industries in the world - travel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Northstar Travel Media

Pros

Fun, dynamic, progressive and fast growing. A fantastic group of employees.

Cons

Staff is lean so you have to roll up your sleeves and dive in.

Northstar is great at helping to balance work and life, great perks

Current Employee - Digital Media Marketing and Ad Coordinator in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Digital Media Marketing and Ad Coordinator in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Northstar Travel Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work, it is like a family. Most employees have been there for years. It is a great place to start out at or to stay long term.

Cons

The opportunities for advancement in pay and position are scarce. It is hard to get recognition for going above and beyond your job responsibilities. If you are looking for a place to advance this is not it. The benefits are not good at all, 401K matching and bonuses barely ever happen. Raises are not the norm.

Pleasant working environment and a nice family atmosphere. TERRIBLE pay.

I worked at Northstar Travel Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Summer Fridays are nice. Work/life balance is pretty good, as managers are generally pretty understanding about things that come up. The company has a nice family atmosphere, even between offices. They value the opinions and experiences of their younger employees. They give good feedback and recognition for a job well done.

Cons

Money money money money money money money money money money. These people are cheap if you don't have a senior or managerial position. They don't give raises and in the years I worked there, never put up the money to hire more employees. Don't hold your breath for 401K match.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more. You can give positive evaluations and praise all you want, but it means nothing without a bump in a salary. All the vacation time offered is a waste if I have to spend it on my couch because I can't afford to go anywhere. I liked working there and would have been interested in staying probably for much longer had I been paid more. Money isn't everything, but the salaries here are pitiful. I would not recommend this company for this reason. Unless it's for an upper-level position. Then, rumor has it, you're paid WAY more than you deserve while your employees struggle to buy groceries.

5. Great travel media company

I have been working at Northstar Travel Media

Pros

excellent opportunities to grow, interesting projects and flexible working environment

Cons

short on resources so over work is common

Exceptional opportunities within the travel industry

I worked at Northstar Travel Media

Pros

I love learning about the top trends in the travel business and PhoCusWright offers many opportunities to learn about the business and trends with destinations around the world

Cons

In phone sales, you are working remotely which can be rewarding, but at times it is nice to have human interaction.

Advice to Management

The lap top computers supplied are old, slow and outdated

RSS Feed </> Embed