Northwest Clinical Research Center

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Janet Cornell

1 Employee Review

Get ready to work your ass off.

Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Northwest Clinical Research Center full-time for more than a year

ProsI worked here for just over a year as a Clinical Research Coordinator. The team was just making the transition from its smaller location to a larger one. There are few perks other than a bi-yearly "work retreat." While the company will pay for a trip somewhere (I went to Mexico)... remember, you're still at work. Some people will go wild and binge. The nice thing is that you have a couple doctors to take care of you if someone gets sick.

ConsBe ready to feel like you're running around with your head cut-off. There's little direction, and major consequences when you make a mistake... firing for a big one. Also, the majority of your coworkers are under-qualified, or have never seen a patient in their life. Everything is held together with dental floss.

Your pay is ~ $10k - 15k less than what you could be making at other companies, and the benefits are abysmal at best. I've never seen co-pays so high. You'd think the medical director could take a pay cut to help his employees... especially since he lives in a lavish home on Mercer Island.

Be ready for the mind games and the cliqueiness.

I quit on my own since I got a better offer elsewhere. While NW Clinical Research Center is a mediocre place to start, it's not a good place to stay. Summit Research Network, Swedish Healthcare System, University of Washington, Group Health, etc. are much better systems to work with. They also have amazing benefits, and respect your intelligence and experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing, and hire competent employees. If you want your employees to stay, offer them better benefits and salary.

Treat them with respect.

Worked for Northwest Clinical Research Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwest Clinical Research Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwest Clinical Research Center CEO Janet Cornell. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwest Clinical Research Center employees.