Northwest Farm Credit

Updated May 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Phil DiPofi

Had a great internship experience

Accounting Intern (Current Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

ProsIntimate environment
    Easy to communicate to upper level management
    instructions very clear
    Had alot of freedom
    Learning opportunities with free classes they provided me

ConsVery low pay for the field of accounting

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate the pay/employee compensation

I worked for Northwest FCS for a year at Headquarters and absolutely loved it there and miss it.

Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsNorthwest FCS is really dedicated to growing its employees. One of the first things that I was asked when I began working here was what type of training I would like to attend and what were my career goals. As a recent graduate, my supervisor made every effort to answer all of my questions and provided great mentorship. Everyone is very nice, knowledgeable, and hold a long tenure in the company. There are always activities going on within the company in which almost everyone participates. They have a great volunteerism program and do corporate matching for donations employees make to charities. Northwest FCS is an excellent company to work for that really takes care of and cares for its employees. I hope to be able to return to Northwest FCS when I move back to Washington State.

ConsThe parking lot gets very icy during the winter.

This is a great company, best I've worked for

ProsI've been here for almost two years. No question, this company has the best benefits I've seen . . . 9% employer contribution to 401(k) and family medical paid for, etc. They seem willing and able to pay good employees well, and have an awesome bonus program. What seems unique here is that people get to try different things, way more than in other companies I've worked for. I've met people who have been here a while and they have had the chance to work in a variety of areas doing totally different things. I think that's cool and hope I have the same chance. I saw someone made a comment on here about the HR department. I heard that HR was completely reorganized last year, and everybody there is new except one person. Every time I've dealt with them it's been great. One other thing, I have kids and I have been able to have plenty of flexibility to leave work when I need to. I always get my work done and work from home if I need to, but that's a big deal to me.

ConsNothing really. I work with great colleagues, I like what I do, I like working with agriculture clients, and I intend to stay here a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe it would be nice to meet the CEO someday. The company is doing well so he must be doing a good job.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good employer and great employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsNorthwest FCS has high caliber employees and they are an exception group to work with. I enjoyed my work, my co-workers and that I was able to work autonomously with little supervision. The benefits package is hard to beat. The company serves and supports rural America, it's local communities and agriculture, which is a company I was proud work for. The training program for relationship managers, credit officers and appraisers is top notch.

ConsLittle opportunity for growth and advancement for some roles and if you are not open to relocating.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication from top down. Empower others to make decisions. Decisions can get bottlenecked because too many people have to weigh-in. It impacts productivity and engagement.

Unfortunate decisions made by the corporate office.

Non Manager (Former Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsResume Builder. Line level employees work hard to support each other and keep spirits up.

ConsPoor HR Management, sub-standard HR Business Practices as directed by Executive Manager, unethical behavior amongst several Executive Managers, overworked staff, lack of respect for most employees who do not have a Senior VP title, lack of internal promotion ability, very limited workplace flexibility in the corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to look into the behavior of several Executive Managers. Some pockets of business are great, others are deplorable.

Northwest FCS is a great company to work for.

Credit Officer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, hands down the best training program I've even heard of. The company invests a lot in each and every one of their employees.

ConsThe pay may not be as competitive as other banks and lending institutions but it is probably similar if you include all the benefits they offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher starting wages.

Good training at HQ, hidden politics within the organization

Loan Officer (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are nice but hidden politics still exist.

ConsLong hours not required but it really is. Looking at farmers records in shoe boxes. Must become proficient in reading tax returns(large part of the job). Policies and Procedures are not complete and do not instruct how to get the job done. Don't ask questions, it will be a sign of incompetence. Farming background is required don't be fooled by preferred. No upward communication, all communication comes from management. Just do your work

Worked for Northwest Farm Credit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwest Farm Credit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwest Farm Credit CEO Phil DiPofi. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Northwest Farm Credit employees.