Northwest Hospital & Medical Center

Northwest Hospital & Medical Center Reviews

Updated Dec 7, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Northwest has a collaborative work environment between staff, management and senior leadership. You feel supported.

Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery collaborative between departments. You don't have to watch your back. Senior management has a very open door policy. The physician-nursing relationship is very strong. People are listened to at all levels. Senior leadership changes show potential.

ConsAlways financially challenged. Wages are low and capital spending very tight. Union employee wages are much more positive than non union, only do what they have to. There is no management incentives other than do a good job.

Like the people no room for advancement without college degree

Cardiac Monitor Tech (Current Employee)
Springdale, AR

I have been working at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center

ProsPeople are nice and the schedule is great

ConsLow pay poor benefits and adanvcing is hard

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay

Nice slow place to work

Security Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center

ProsIt's a nice place to work. The pay is better if you are a nurse or in the medical field. The hospital itself is in a nice slow area unlike some of the larger hospitals in Seattle. It has plenty of room to expand and grow throughout the years and it would be fun to come back in 20 or so years and see what the hospital looks like. The best part about the hospital is the health benefits. You don't find a company willing to pay for most of everything. Like a said a great place to work if you are in the medical field or just starting out in it.

ConsThe biggest downside is the communication with the hospital. Although it's a nice place to work. You hear very little from senior leadership in the way of communication. We have good people in charge of the hospital that look out for the employees and are willing to help out if need be. It sometimes takes forever for things to happen but I guess that happends all the time in a work place. A lot of customer service is the biggest down turn as we deal with more of the "low lifes" of the hospital. Like I said nice place to work and start a career in the health care field.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really. It's pretty good.

Nice people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center

ProsNice people, nice campus, okay benefits.

ConsCommunication is not the greatest

good start

Tech (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood start for real healthcare organizations

Consbenfits
management too picky with staff
sometimes rude staff

Advice to Senior Managementre-vamp personnel for organization

Needs better customer service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossome nice people mixed in...

ConsPretentious atmosphere to the public, ironically everyone is always trying to move on elsewhere. Really needs work on customer service all together. I was surprised how so many people manage to be rude and get away with it. That was pretty embarrassing when people would tell me stories about their experiences here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo have a better approach to the public, patient and everyone outside of NW so that people are not tuned off

Worked for Northwest Hospital & Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employees.