www.lineman.edu

Updated July 21, 2014
Updated July 21, 2014
4.3

CEO

The flexibility here is the next best thing to working for yourself!

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

First thing I have to say is that the benefits are fantastic—and that is a good sign of a company that cares about its people. Also, the culture of autonomy is perfect for self-motivated individuals that like to construct their own schedule and workflow. The company is very diligent in their hiring, so all the people here are a great fit, and wonderful to work with. This is easily one of the best companies I have ever worked for, and I have worked in some great places. Paid time off accrues quickly and is easy to use; that's another definite plus!

Cons

Compensation could be better, but the benefits make it doable. There is a little bit of nepotism, but it hasn't adversely affected the culture as far as I can tell.

Great Opportunity and Best Work Invironment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A growing company that puts its customers and employees above all things. Exceptional potential for growth and opportunity.

Cons

improve communication at all employee levels. Consider an incentive program like profit sharing.

For the most part continue to do what you do.
    Motivate employees through an incentive program that encourages all to work together for the company's greater good.

Truly the best job in the world!

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not only do I get to work with awesome people, I have the ability to demonstrate my passion for life long learning. The company has a corporate university where I can take classes during work hours!

Cons

Because there are so many exciting things going on, it is hard to find the time to focus on them all.

Keep doing what you're doing! I love it here. I hope to retire with this company.

The greatest place I've every worked!

Current Employee - Creative Director in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Northwest Lineman College cares about their employees like family. They have showed their support for my family through incredible benefits and compensation as well as small tokens of appreciation such as throwing my wife and I a baby shower as we were expecting our firstborn. NLC is an extremely positive place to work and they have supported my department in ways I could have only dreamed of. I am honored to work at such an amazing place and have no problem pouring my passion into what I do because of how my work is appreciated here.

Cons

Sometimes figuring out the right recipe for carrying out the vision of the organization is challenging but when all your efforts start coming together and things start happening, it's an amazing ride I wouldn't want to miss!

Sometimes being a leader is hard, especially when the challenges pile up against you. Some people see the cup as half empty but you see it as half full and resolve to always do better. I admire the unwavering positive example that you continue to model for the company. Attitude is everything. Keep it up, your vision and passion are uniquely evident in this industry and will no doubt be a model for other companies.

With ample growth and opportunity, my career is set with NLC.

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

NLC stands on a foundation of integrity, and treating their employees the right way for the right reason. I love the challenge of fast paced growth, and have been given ample opportunity to expand my career horizons. The pay is competitive and the benefits are amazing!

Cons

With quick growth comes a lot of change, and though it's a pro most of the time it does come with challenges. But they are always looking for ways to improve systems and the work environment as a whole.

Keep doing what you're doing - putting your employees first and supporting them from the bottom up and your success will grow with theirs!

Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Marketing in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What an incredible bunch of people to work with! This company is an extraordinary place to work. I have never had a leadership team that cares so much for its employees, from day to day interactions, recognition programs, workplace flexibility, to the top-notch benefits and compensation. This place is outstanding!

Cons

I can't think of any other than I have to commute to get here- it is totally worth it though.

Keep doing what your doing. This company is strong because of your impeccable leadership!

Administrative Staff

Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that cared so much about their employees. The management team is always inspiring us to be our best. They actively listen to every idea! I know if I drop the ball my boss has my six and that is such an amazing feeling. Co-workers are great to work with as there is no bad mouthing. I know if I need help anyone of my co-workers are there for me.

Cons

I cannot think of one, except I wish there were more companies out there that had the same culture as NLC.

You are doing an amazing job!!! I never want to retire because now I have fun when I come to work.

Horrible Employer

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to be home most nights, You don't have to be out in the elements, You get to help future apprentices learn the trade.

Cons

Management is horrendous, Employees must keep their heads to the ground, Any disagreement-in your personal or professional life-is means for termination, Employees are threatened and manipulated constantly, This IS NOT the family company they claim to be

Spend more time focusing on your students and employees, and less time focusing on the bottom line.

Living the dream

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College

Pros

You want to live in Idaho. You are a lineman and do not want to be on call nights and weekends.

Cons

You will live in Idaho. You will not have any opportunities to make additional income. You will not be tolerated if you do not agree.

Wow, I really do not even know where to start as I have never experienced an employer such as you.

Northwest Lineman College Photos

Northwest Lineman College prepares individuals for successful careers in the power delivery industry.

+ Add Photo