Northwest Lineman College Reviews

CEO

1. Industry Relations

Current Employee - Industry Relations Manager in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Industry Relations Manager in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love what I do here at the campus. I also love the fact I have the ability to go outside and train other lineman and share experiences with them. No other company I ever worked for allowed that to happen. This keeps me current in the industry with the trade and materials.

Cons

As the industry changes all the time I think we should attend some of the trade shows each year to interact with the industry professionals to talk and share Ideas with training needs etc.

Advice to Management

Work and travel safe. Learn all you can while at Northwest Lineman College and stay open minded at all times.

2. Maintenance technician

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Denton, TX

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good amount of pto. Get to work with the next generation of lineworkers. Get do as much or as little "work" as you want.

Cons

Students dont always get the best education/tools to be successful. Strict budget. Not enough tools or equipment for the amount of students. Manaemt looks at bottom line rather than quality of education and taking care of employees

Advice to Management

Treat everyone like we are a team not a bunch of puppets.

3. Dynamic, Exciting, Rewarding, Workplace

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The college places the highest value on attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals. To accomplish this wages and benefits are very desirable. A huge pro is that they have an internal training department which provides training and education improving the effectiveness of each employee. The college is committed to and has received awards for work schedule flexibility. Employees are always provided the resources they need to perform their jobs at a high level. The college is receptive to change and encourages innovation at all levels. Outstanding performance is recognized through a high level awards program. The power delivery and communications Industries are dynamic which makes training and education extremely important. The various training services create an invigorating and rewarding environment since they provide such positive impact on the trainees. The college has grown to the point where there are career opportunities for advancement. The best place I have ever worked.

Cons

For the training staff working at the college removes you from the day to day reality of the industry so you need to make a special effort to stay connected with what is going on outside the college. This is not difficult if you connect with individuals in the trade and keep up on changes through the typical information sources - internet, trade magazines etc.

Advice to Management

Continue to position the college to exceed the training and educational needs of the industry

5. The flexibility here is the next best thing to working for yourself!

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First thing I have to say is that the benefits are fantastic—and that is a good sign of a company that cares about its people. Also, the culture of autonomy is perfect for self-motivated individuals that like to construct their own schedule and workflow. The company is very diligent in their hiring, so all the people here are a great fit, and wonderful to work with. This is easily one of the best companies I have ever worked for, and I have worked in some great places. Paid time off accrues quickly and is easy to use; that's another definite plus!

Cons

Compensation could be better, but the benefits make it doable. There is a little bit of nepotism, but it hasn't adversely affected the culture as far as I can tell.

6. Truly the best job in the world!

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not only do I get to work with awesome people, I have the ability to demonstrate my passion for life long learning. The company has a corporate university where I can take classes during work hours!

Cons

Because there are so many exciting things going on, it is hard to find the time to focus on them all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I love it here. I hope to retire with this company.

7. Great Opportunity and Best Work Invironment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A growing company that puts its customers and employees above all things. Exceptional potential for growth and opportunity.

Cons

improve communication at all employee levels. Consider an incentive program like profit sharing.

Advice to Management

For the most part continue to do what you do. Motivate employees through an incentive program that encourages all to work together for the company's greater good.

8. The greatest place I've every worked!

Current Employee - Creative Director in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Northwest Lineman College cares about their employees like family. They have showed their support for my family through incredible benefits and compensation as well as small tokens of appreciation such as throwing my wife and I a baby shower as we were expecting our firstborn. NLC is an extremely positive place to work and they have supported my department in ways I could have only dreamed of. I am honored to work at such an amazing place and have no problem pouring my passion into what I do because of how my work is appreciated here.

Cons

Sometimes figuring out the right recipe for carrying out the vision of the organization is challenging but when all your efforts start coming together and things start happening, it's an amazing ride I wouldn't want to miss!

Advice to Management

Sometimes being a leader is hard, especially when the challenges pile up against you. Some people see the cup as half empty but you see it as half full and resolve to always do better. I admire the unwavering positive example that you continue to model for the company. Attitude is everything. Keep it up, your vision and passion are uniquely evident in this industry and will no doubt be a model for other companies.

9. With ample growth and opportunity, my career is set with NLC.

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NLC stands on a foundation of integrity, and treating their employees the right way for the right reason. I love the challenge of fast paced growth, and have been given ample opportunity to expand my career horizons. The pay is competitive and the benefits are amazing!

Cons

With quick growth comes a lot of change, and though it's a pro most of the time it does come with challenges. But they are always looking for ways to improve systems and the work environment as a whole.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - putting your employees first and supporting them from the bottom up and your success will grow with theirs!

10. Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Marketing in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What an incredible bunch of people to work with! This company is an extraordinary place to work. I have never had a leadership team that cares so much for its employees, from day to day interactions, recognition programs, workplace flexibility, to the top-notch benefits and compensation. This place is outstanding!

Cons

I can't think of any other than I have to commute to get here- it is totally worth it though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. This company is strong because of your impeccable leadership!

Administrative Staff

Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Northwest Lineman College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that cared so much about their employees. The management team is always inspiring us to be our best. They actively listen to every idea! I know if I drop the ball my boss has my six and that is such an amazing feeling. Co-workers are great to work with as there is no bad mouthing. I know if I need help anyone of my co-workers are there for me.

Cons

I cannot think of one, except I wish there were more companies out there that had the same culture as NLC.

Advice to Management

You are doing an amazing job!!! I never want to retire because now I have fun when I come to work.

RSS Feed </> Embed