Northwest Staffing Resources

4.1
Enrique Salem

1. Good People Make All the Difference

I worked at Northwest Staffing Resources

Pros

Well managed company with good people looking after the employer clients they serve and the employee candidates they market.

Cons

Temporary employment industry can be stressful when candidates let you down.

2. Okay for getting your foot in the door

Former Employee - Office Support in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Office Support in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Northwest Staffing Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Temporary, temp-to-hire, and permanent employment available.

Cons

Not being given full information about employment positions and lack of follow-through getting questions answered.

3. Awsome Team Work Efforts!!!

Current Employee - Personnel Coordinator in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Personnel Coordinator in Kent, WA

I have been working at Northwest Staffing Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They take care of all your needs!
    They fight to get you the best placement!

Cons

Nothing to complain about! Great company!

Advice to Management

Kepp up the terrific job!!

5. Lot of work, little pay

I worked at Northwest Staffing Resources

Pros

Job offerd good all around experience for a recruiter and you have the opportunity to work with many different industries.

Cons

The staffing industry is good for someone interested in sales, you are required to do cold calls. Be ready to do many last minute replacement fills for those who don't show for work in the morning.

Advice to Management

Try to work on reducing the turnover in the office and establishing longer term employess this would help keep staffers around longer.

6. Northwest Staffing is a great place to start your career for HR & or Recruiting.

Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator & Recruiter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator & Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at Northwest Staffing Resources

Pros

One of the best places to work in Oregon in regards to benefits and recognition. They do recognize hard work by promoting within and increasing your responsibility as you deserve it. There is also a great company party at the end of the year where people get rewarded for their accomplishments within the company.

Cons

Not much in the way of being promoted into management. Due to the company being small in size, it is hard to move past a certain point.

Advice to Management

Find ways for people to move past the glass cieling of management, and also pay attention to your people more.

7. Northwest Staffing Resources

I have been working at Northwest Staffing Resources

Pros

There are so many great reasons to work at NSR. I work with some of the hardest working, dynamic professionals in the industry. NSR holds a reputation for outstanding quality and service. It feels great to back a product and service where I wholeheartedly believe we are bringing value to our clients and the people we place. I have the opportunity to work with people I like and the company is great about staying progressive and promoting a team environment. I'm still having fun and learning something new everyday.

Cons

As with every other industry that has implemented changes in this economic climate, staff is feeling the considerable demands. Also, this industry is predominately female so there is that dynamic.

Advice to Management

Those above mentioned changes have been necessary and managed well due to open communication and working towards goals. Keep the communication open and it will be met with enthusiasm and dedication from your employees.